sathya

Washing a car.

Good day,

I would like to know the method of washing the car. What are the cleaning agents that we should use(specify any brand). If given in step by step format, it would be even more easy for me to wash.

Just pull out a bucket of water and start washing from where ever you please to, thats about what is needed..

I have used cleaning agents in the past(like car shampoo) but it does no wonder to your car's shine.

Once the car is washed and wiped cleanly.(NO drops of water should linger) . Use a good polish .

1.) Formula1

2.) Armorall

(2 of the best polish i've come across)

1. Use a pipe and running water from a tap to wash the car. Try to make a pressure jet.

2. Wipe it with a heavily wet cloth to remove all dirt and mud.

3. Wipe it dry with a damp/moist cloth to remove all watermarks.

4. Allow it to dry.

5. Make sure that you use different pieces of cloth/wipers for cleaning body and wheels/arches. Wheels and arches have a lot of sand and rough particles which can cause fine scratches if cleaned with same wiper.

6. For shampoo wash, make a bucket of CAR shampoo foam with pressurized water and apply it all over the car with a sponge at first. Rest of the process is same as above.

7. Polish your car once in a fortnight. Do not use cosmetic care products or harsh cleaning agents. Use dedicated car shampoo and polish only.

8. Vacuum clean carpets and mats once a week. 

No.. Do NOT use hair shampoo..

I have had personal experience of the paint drying out and losing its finish when i consistently used hair shampoo over a period of 6months on my maruthi.

@Sham - IMO, hair shampoos are very light and should not cause any harm. They are designed to be soft on the skin, so the paint should be even better suited.

What I will suggest, never use Washing Powder to wash the car, like Nirma, Vim powder. They cause a lot of corrosion.

hmmm  your point also makes sense.. But i dont know then why mine started to erode off... But i could see paint ripping off after consistent washes so stopped it.