Sign in to follow this  
vnp1606

Advice needed

Please help me decide buy a petrol sedan below 6 lakhs. Shortlisted are Swift Dezire, Hyundai Accent and Tata Indigo eCS.

Running is not much- hardly 100 km a month- so mileage is not a criteria (but desirable of course from fuel conservation standpoint)

Value for money (comfort, features, maintenance cost and price) is important consideration for the selection.

Thanks in advance for your help

Anything but tata indigo petrol. Tata makes awful petrol engines. They have very high spare cost and the least efficient. Faults and complaints are common.

Swift Dzire will have long waiting periods, but the best of the lot. Also take a look at Etios sedan. Even Chevrolet Aveo is a good choice.

The best sedan, if you can stretch your budget by about 50-60k would be Etios G SP, which will have very important features like ABS and Airbags. Among these Dzire is best followed by Accent. As said by sb-alto a Tata Petrol is a no go.

Another option you may want to check is Ford Fiesta Classic.

I am guessing by 100km a month, running will only be in City. So, why not get a comfortable roomy hatchback like i20, Swift or Polo? You can even get a highend Ritz On road for this price.

I am with rahul,you can go for etios g variant.

Also have a look at swift dzire if you want overall package and fiesta if you want performance.

Regards

Suyash

Please help me decide buy a petrol sedan below 6 lakhs. Shortlisted are Swift Dezire' date=' Hyundai Accent and Tata Indigo eCS. [/quote']

If you intend to keep your car for long, you can't buy any of these cars.

-DZire CS is few months away, so existing DZire could be withdrawn any time after that.

-Accent is decade old, so it is also in end of its life.

-Indigo CS, let words not be wasted.

My suggestion is Etios. The best entry sedan. It has got space, power, ride, FE, handling, looks (best in entry sedans), 'T' badge, better AfSS,..

The second choice would be to wait for upcoming Dzire CS.

You may also consider Honda Jazz.The facelift is expected in August with price range 5.99 to 7.

Jazz is fun to drive

specious

Good fuel efficiency

Comes with ABS & Airbags as standard