dr_nishu

Refreshed: Nissan Micra 1.5 dCi XV Premium

Nissan Micra which launched diesel version with two variants (XV and XV Premium) in December 2010 has now re-badged the top variant of Diesel with XV Premium Pure Drive DCI. Alongside Nissan also included rear seat head rest and increased the rear seat cushion.

Nissan_Micra_Green_2011_DCI.jpg
It is heard from Nissan Engineers that, couple of issues have been rectified in the New Micra XV Premium Pure Drive DCI version, Following are few modifications and rectifications

1) Included Rear Seat Head Rests
2) Included Mirror In Sun Visors
3) Increased Rear Seat Cushion
4) Re-badged DCI as XV Premium Pure Drive DCI
         nissan-Micra-Pure-Drive-DCI.JPG

5) Increased the Price by 4000 INR
6) Added a Green Color to the existing Color Variants

7) Rectified Suspension Noise that Prevailed Over Sharp Humps/Bumps
Rectified Brake Noise.

(HPanswers.blogspot.com)
dr_nishu2011-07-30 18:39:11

Wonder whether such small efforts will really help Nissan's cause! Think No.

Price had to come down considerably & concrete assurances on Dealership network improvement should have come.

Along with the things BF mentioned, I think Nissan needs to push the advertising of the car more just to raise the general awareness of the car.

And the looks of the car are not exactly a booster to the sales either. I personally know someone who was very happy with the car only to backout because of the looks. They need to be improved, period.

Too little, but still not too late. Indians have gotten used to feature laden hatchbacks. It's a good car with a drivable engine let down by lack of features and high sticker price and very few service centres. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, having seen the Santro I'd say this hatch is cute looking.

This car has really rocked the Punjab state guys.

The latter is having 4-fully operating Dealerships in Major cities(Amritsar, Jalandhar,Ludhiana & Chandigarh) & 5th one(i.e. In Patiala) is on the verge of its inauguration.

Not sure of the Amritsar dealership(which is inaugurated 20-25 days back) every Nissan dealer sells about 200-300 Micra Diesel/ month which itself is a Decent sales number.

And as per this I don't think that Nissan is going to Slash its price anytime soon.

People here are fed up of seeing Dozens & dozens of Swifts on roads now & that's why while buying the New Diesel hatchback they like to opt towards better build & curvy alternative i.e. Micra.

Nissan-Renault based Diesel engine is a big contributor on its Reliability front.

IMHO, Absence of ABS is the only con left in the Micra now as Rear Seat issue is pretty well adressed now.

I quite agree with this, have been seeing lot of new Micras around. Could these be breakaway customers from Swift waiting lists!

The car ticks most of the boxes right, just that price is a shade on the higher side & service/costs is an unknown factor. Would be great if someone could share the service, spares, etc. costs & ownership experiences.

Could these be breakaway customers from Swift waiting lists!

?

The car ticks most of the boxes right' date=' just that price is a shade on the higher side & service/costs is an unknown factor. Would be great if someone could share the service, spares, etc. costs & ownership experiences.
[/quote']

Exactly well said BF.

I've been constantly intouch with my friend at Nissan dealership & also have been there to Nissan dealership many times.

Recently I've been to there at last week & seen there was bright scenario.

Just in a span of an hour, 3 customers have got the delivery of Micra dCi, which in itself is a very good thing for a recently introduced brand.

On asking, They told that the car is readily available now for delivery(again a Breath of fresh air in the scenario of Bookings, waiting periods, premium, black marketing, etc).

Spares, Service again doesn't seems to be a trouble considering a Japanese brand(as most of them are followers of 5S's for their working). Even I've posted a pic of its Service schedule viz its costs sometime back on Micra Diesel thread.

The Only weak link I noticed in the Micra diesel is its l'll bit Noisy diesel engine, which feels more of a like Old diesel engines as compared to Sharp cluttery recent rivals.

Others opinions are also welcomed.

I am not really sure but the 'Pure drive' comes with a different fuel injection. Is there any difference in Micra diesel emission standards for the older version against the new one?

Only above stated changes are there in Micra dCi Pure Drive, nothing else.

car is readily available now for delivery(again a Breath of fresh air in the scenario of Bookings' date=' waiting periods, premium, black marketing, etc). Spares, Service again doesn't seems to be a trouble considering a Japanese brand(as most of them are followers of 5S's for their working). Even I've posted a pic of its Service schedule viz its costs sometime back on Micra Diesel thread. [/quote']

Ready availability for deliveries is great but lets not forget the major factor that's responsible for this, "not so great sales to begin with". I remember initially when I visited Nissan dealership, they informed of a waiting period of 1 month. This was just as the car was launched, maybe the footfalls made them think so. Later many consumers coming to the dealerships did not confirm the purchase, so the expectations fell flat. This is when the ready deliveries thing comes in. As for me, Im all for ready delivery, waiting is not my cup of tea.

If indeed the service quality is at par with other Japs, its great but we need to see definite data for this. If Im not wrong, Logan did not set very high standards in this regard.

Duno but the car is growing on me by the day! Blame it on the competition, Polo which I like comes with a 3 potter, Fabia is old & carries the burden of being a Skoda, i20 is at the far end of the spectrum, facelift is around the corner & one comes across stories of steering rattle, Aircon, etc. Ritz doesn't cut it with the looks, Punto another strong car is plagued with issues with the Company, Vista carries the "T" badge but is high on my list. Left with the champ Swift, I would have gone it for it eyes closed had it been available off the shelves but huuuge waiting periods coupled with generic looks make me look elsewhere.

A lateral entry here, old Fiesta is a strong contender for me. Offers the goodness of a sedan with economy of a hatch. Fords service/spares/costs is a spoiler though.

The newest entrant to the arena - Liva, demands attention but lack of tacho & overboard cost cutting does not do justice to the premier positioning.

This way Micra appeals more, so its a clear case of competition carving out a place of it.

Still no ABS. Let nissan have car in its safe.

Does that mean we dont have ABS in too notch variant as well? if thsi is true then I think this is the reason why such a good product which is priced relatively high is suffering market present.

Any plans of Nissa to increase the level of localization to reduce the cost of production as well?

Hi guys, im very confuded between nissan micra xv diesel & vw polo trendline. Please suggest.

My vote is for VW Polo 1.2 Trendline.

From next time, Please post your question in right section(AAA section).