TSiVipul

Corolla Altis D-4D bought.

@Suycity:

Thanks for posting the pics guy,well,you are quite obedient..smiley36.gif

@Winner:

There is nothing to offer condolences,the car has been bought considering the business and this is really found best if we see our needs instead of our ambitions.Our monthly run can easily go upto 10,000 kms and in such high running Laura has proved to be quite expensive and heavy on maintainance side,while Corolla is best suited for the work to be done.My father is a chauffeur driven person and for him Cruze was simply out of choice,so only Corolla Altis was meant for us.

Here are some interior pics arranged by me,sorry for the quality,but as soon as I am at home,will write a complete first drive experience and will post a complete photologue of the car with every minor detail..

The center console looks good and the new touch-screen ICE looks good.

buaeU.jpg

The door handles and wooden finish boasts of quality and has a luxury feel,but still the quality could have been better.

dtTFS.jpg

The gear lever,blurred..

yBOOu.jpg

A lot of practical storage.

Bottle holders

pbs5v.jpg

Good storage space under the armrest.

WLbqS.jpg

Second storage space under armrest,this is small.

PQFTs.jpg

Even central console has a hook attached to it for shopping bags etc on the passenger side(load-3 kgs)

CjqJs.jpg

Auto-A/C and below it is the cigarette lighter inside(well,ignore that slipper thing,it not me but my friend to blame).

dDYaK.jpg

The dials,although not as funky as of Cruze,but have an ambience.

vDPR2.jpgTSiVipul2011-08-13 06:40:33

Congrats, Vipul, though you may not like it now, I think the Toyota will endear itself to you with it's fuel efficiency. Don't worry the Octy also had power figures something like this; it was a hit wasn't it?

Congrats Vipul..I know that you are not that happy about the car,but don't worry I am sure that the fuel efficiency will impress you.My uncle too bought this car and is extremely happy with the comfort.And there always is the option of your TSI right?.smiley2.gif

@FRIENDS:

Thanks a lot,about the Altis endearing us,I'd say that it has already done it even before it was bought.

Today my father and my friends,none is tired of praising the car,resulting me too thinking of it.The rear seat comfort has been already proved because the car has already kept my father happy for a 300 km long trip yesterday,and I can say that car is good because even Laura was also complained by him but he finds Corolla's interiors quite lively and fully according to mine as well as his taste.

The FE its giving right now is about 14 kpl overall(as according to my chauffeur) which means about 12 kpl in my hands.And it will surely improve after the first two/three services are done.

You have given the right example of Octy,maybe it may plant a grin on my face,still I am in a confusion that if its performance will be digested by me easily,especially after the TSI,hoping it will be..smiley25.gif

Well in one of the above pics,I can see a small rubber/plastic something just in front of the front wheel on the front bumper,can anyone tell me what it is?Because it does not look like a spoiler at all,see here it is:-

VjAoE.jpg

What is good with all Toyota cars is that,they all get Bridgestone Turanzas only.TSiVipul2011-08-13 10:28:51

The car look classy in this colour ,having read your condition earlier even I wouldn't have gone for the Corolla but the saving one can make and service cost of Toyota gives peace of mind . You will slowly appreciate the hassle free ownership as time passes .

PS Click some good pictures with good digicam.

@Rssh:

This is the newly introduced metallic blue color and what's great is that I am yet to see the car(even the window of my private ward is not opening towards road/parking).As soon as I return home,I am planning to re-write a complete review after I drive the car for at least 5000 kms.

I mean to say that the day I can put stress on my right foot too(for pressing the accelerator)I'll leave Innova and Laura for a month and cover 4-5000 kms in this car and after that I'll write a complete review of the car with pics,running costs and all the maintainance done till the date.

Right now,apology only from my side..

AGAIN,PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THAT RUBBER/PLASTIC STRIP TYPE THING IS?

Congrats on the new car, Vipul! It may not be the most exciting car in the world but it does just about everything in a very decent and poised manner. It will keep youy family happy for a long time, assuredly without much trouble. Nice colour too!

Hey congrats vipul..for the car and your recovery both..

Well corolla is totally a maintenance free vehicle.

I just got my petrol altis serviced for 30k km.

Cost 3800 all inclusive.. I think i pay that much for my accent's service that too at an interval of 5k km compared to 10k km of altis.

Well the car is good but obviously dont expect performance and handling of a Laura.

The irritating thing about this car is body roll, like if u go over a speed breaker slightly diagonal the car makes u nod ur head side ways.. otherwise suspension is good n overall a good car.

@Rssh:

T

AGAIN' date='PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THAT RUBBER/PLASTIC STRIP TYPE THING IS?[/quote']

That rubber strip is for maximizing air flow around the wheels for aero efficiency to get that super FE-Toyota thinks of everything.

Your "private ward" does not allow you to look out on the road what a shame, please accept my heartfelt sympathies for the painful situation that you are in specially as it was not your fault! I find the car was delivered to you without registration plates, unbelievable!

@Drchernish:

How can that small and rubbery,weird looking strip manage the air flow?

When I asked my friend about that,he ran to the Toyota dealer here and the SE from Toyota told us that "Sir this strip is meant for cleaning the mud and dust from the tyres when car is moving"..How intello the guys are? smiley11.gif

@Roomy:

That's a true shameful thing,actually I can have a look at the road,but that's not the highway in front,but a nonsense looking full of pits single lane road on which you can seldom find a car.About the registration plates,they will give them at the time the registration number will be given.

Dear TSiVipul. Just read this thread. Well accept my congratulation on buying this car. Last year my nephew a.most ordered Corolla for my use, but then I had to refuse as my need was somewhat different. In US we were having Toyota cars and these cars even in those times were very good. Do let us know how this car behaves in the long run.

@DrKeshav:

Thanks a lot.

Actually I am still to drive the car and it may take about 15-20 days because I can't press the accelerator from my right foot,yet from my past experience of taking the car to Jwala Ji once,what I can say is:-

The car seems to be somewhat underpowered on the hills and requires quite a bit lot of gearshifts,I mean,even my Innova with seven people inside feels more powerful on the hills that the Corolla D-4D with five people on board,as we were.

FE is decent and the car really does not bog down or refuse to climb any slope,it simply does it without any clutch application.

@Vipul;

Though a bit delayed but do accept Heartiest Congratulations from me on the eve of posting its pics(muh-dikhaayi).

Overall the car looks Nice with its good looking bluish-grey color & the Real Ambience she offers inside it with its Comfortable Interiors.

Your Dad has really got the car right as per his needs(10,000kms/month to be precise).

Do expect 3-lac+ kms of Trouble free engine Spinning & comfortable ride.

@Friends:

This car is going to enjoy the garage for maximum next two years,still if we find it best suited for our needs then Laura can be said a goodbye and doors can be opened for a new Corolla any day its launched.

Well,first update after a long time:-

Okay,now this car is ruling my head and for a person like me who prefers head over the heart,this is a very good news.

Yesterday nigh I returned home after distributing sweets and that time my Corolla said 9973kms on odo out of which about 4500 kms are driven by me,now here are my experiences with the car and reasons why its ruling my head:-

Firstly,Dr Nishu,guy you was right,this is the perfect car according to the needs of our business.Just think guys,I can make a trip to Jaipur for just 1900-2000 Rs while driving with light foot and 2200-2300 while driving with a heavy foot,while it was more that 5000 per trip while driving a Laura TSI.

As we say in business "try to make your investment lowest possible and get the maximum possible out of the deal".Now Corolla is proving perfect for the above fact.The car is delivering a great FE,many of you may not believe but this car delivers 15+ in city and 23+ on highways with a net FE of about 19-20kpl.

The car is completely maintenance free and we haven't experienced even a single problem till date while our journeys include hills,plains,some really un-drivable roads,no-roads(after-all we build them)but the car simply went for service asked us to pay 3.6k and returned(synthetic mobile oil charges).

Although it rolls a bit and also doesn't handle like a Laura but still its satisfying(just think 20+ kpl yaar)overall you can do 150 kph for a whole day and won't get tired in the car.

Feels underpowered but once you get on open stretches then you can take it to 160-170 easily only problem is that it takes some time to reach there.

It has made my Laura stand and look at it moving and has brought down our fuel bills significantly,considering all this and being happy with two TOYOTAs,we have decided that our next car will also be a Toyota,most probably an another Corolla after this one crosses 50k mark.TSiVipul2011-10-27 02:54:07

@Durango Dude:

I think you have somewhere in the same thread told me that "Octavia too had nearly same power figures but still it did well".

Now its time to say that you was absolutely true,only thing that the Corolla misses is the dynamics,nothing else.

Although the car is cared really well and still looks like its brand new(its the care we take of her),have a look at the pics below:-

The key must have been equipped with buttons instead of a separate remote:

20111027_143104_1.JPG

Some minor dents it gon in the running:-

This is when our chauffeur got the car hit the gate(front bumper on right-driver side) while reversing(after 20 hours of continuous driving):

20111027_143159_2.JPG

This is when a rickshaw puller kissed our car from a side(JUST HAVE A LOOK AT THE SHINE ON THE PAINT):

20111027_143321_3.JPG

A broken tail light,thanks to my uncle who didn't knew how to overtake trucks(have a look at the dust filled inside):

20111027_143451_4.JPG

This is mine,actually.....it was my mistake,nothing else.

20111027_143611_5.JPGTSiVipul2011-10-27 14:39:10