drkeshav

Driving Verito D4

Thanks Tejasmehta ji. I am happy that you also share my views. Need and price will determine our purchases not only of a car but perhaps evrything needed by us. We have to discriminate between need and desire. My Guru used to say "Fulfil your needs but not your desires". This is absolutely correct. Many a time people buy things which are never needed by them. They get them just for the sake of buying as they have spare cash. I hope the prospective buyers of cars will definitely derive some benefit from the discussion on this thread and take some sane decisions.

UNO was a real good car. One my fellow professors had it. And at that time I also wished for such a big car. But then I bought Alto. Looks of Verito will not win world beauty contest but handsome is he who handsome does. This car serves all my needs. Beauty lies in the eyes of beholders. Laila was dark, but in the eyes of Kais (Majnu) she was the most beautiful girl. I do not find ugliness in Verito. M&M has done done some small modifications. Fr space, some aerodynamics was ignored.

Linea is a very good looking car, but three adults cannot sit comfortably in the back. There is no fun of buying a car if we are uncomfortable.

Thanks again. Have a nice day. Shimla is wet and cold and I want to take Verito and paint the city RED. I am using room heater. Unbelievable.

I am so happy that you have been to Shimla and know the Kalka - Shimla highway. Do come again and let us have a cup of coffee at Alfa on the Mall.

Definitely doc.

We mostly used to visit Shimla at around 31st of Dec most of the times. So automatically 'The Mall' & 'Ridge' came out to be our favourite destinations.

Even at that places, We used to visit Restaurant 'Nalini' & 'Baljees', just love the samosa of the latter. Amongst shopping most of the time we visit 'Kiran Gift Store', i think his shop is at Lower or Middle bazar.

While coming on to the subject,

I've also visited HP today(although for a very few kms) & have seen enough of Logans & Veritos there. And this have further strengthened the belief of that car in my mind, about its Capabilities, Reliability & Customer's Choice.

Its Serivicing will not creep up as a problem anytime as far as i've noticed(& seen) Shimla is already having Maruti Suzuki, Tata & Mahindra dealers since more than last 10 years. So, service will not crop up as a Menace anytime for you, i think.

Even you can get its service in Leh also, as Mahindra has also appointed their Dealer there also.

P.S: Do try to post some of the pics of your Verito here, as Ownership thread is always incomplete without the pics. 

+1 to Dr Nishu.

@DrKeshav:

The views and reviews given by you are simply mind blowing and convincing in nature,but if the icing of the pics is added to the cake of the review,then it will be complete and even more joyful to eat.

Dear dr_nishu. Many thanks for the nice words. At the outset I am unhappy that you came to Shimla but did not call me. Now dear sir, when ever you come do let me know. I live in a very nice place, Jatog Cantt. Yes, here are my numbers: 0177-2838156, 093185-33276 (HP), 098969-65937 (Haryana). email:drkeshav@sreit.org. I will be happy to meet you and discuss. I never left Shimla for all the money in the world. I left US in 1984 for Shimla for good. Shimla has become a not that clean and calm place as it was in 50s when I was a child. Still it is better than other cities. It is cold here and raining.

I wanted to snap a number of photographs of Verito but due to rains, I could not go out. Today I have decided to move out and photograph the car. Incidently photography is my hobby and I do it professionally as well. I will post photos along with the details of the places where the photogarphs are taken.

Yes, service is not a problem here in Shimla as there is a good famous dealer of Mahindra here and these people are nice. After sale service is the main consideration for me when I buy a car or a PC or Laptop or any other device.

For Samosa, my favourate place is Alfa on the Mall. I have been visiting this place for the last 30 years and I take my guests there for a treat. So when you come next time, we will go there and enjoy jumbo Samosa there.

I am preparing for the proposed fun rally of Logan and Verito. But I feel that other friends should also be included to participate. It will not be a Himalayan type rally, but a brief stint on busy roads. It will more of a fun to provide a meeting place to all of us. I am contacting M&M people for sponsorship. What do you say?

May God bless you.

Dar TSiVipul. Thanks a lot for your regular comments. I am happy that you like my observations. I try to be objective so that readers may get an honest idea. Thanks again. Yes, I am going to snap a series of photographs of Verito along with a brief video and post here. But kindly let me know how to place photos and video here on this thread.

You better come here so that we may drive and have a nice time. Even at this age, I drive a lot. I have a travel bug and for the last 35 years, I have been roaming and roaming. This is most educative provided driving has some definite objective. I take my GPS, all my camera gear, refreshment etc. and I look out for interesting happenings on the road. I make friends with truck drivers, and others on the roads, even policemen and other strangers. I have this gift. For me friendship is more important than money. What do you say?

I will start a new thread on my favourate subject: Stress and Tension Management (I am an expert in these fields and help Indian Army and Police). I drive without any stress and tension and when I reach my destination after driving for many hours, I am almost fresh and ready to drive again. Youngmen travelling with me feel tired. This is due to my training in managing stress, not only on roads, but also in life. And I am happy to note that I have able to help tens of thousands of persons. Hope you will like the idea. Driving should be fun and not stain on our nerves and nerves of other road users.

Have a good day.

Dear dr_nishu. Many thanks for the nice words. At the outset I am unhappy that you came to Shimla but did not call me. Now dear sir' date=' when ever you come do let me know. I live in a very nice place, Jatog Cantt. [/quote']

Thanks for Invitation doc.

But I haven't visited Shimla instead visited Shri Naina Devi ji last Sunday.

Definitely i'll meet you if ever i come to Shimla.

Rest We still are waiting for the pics of your Verito.

Till then Happy Mile munching with your Verito.

+1 to Dr Nishu..

I am now very happy and even more excited to see the VERITO of our true VERITO man but where the beauty is?I think M&M can use the attitude of our dear DRKESHAV for the ads too...

TSiVipul2011-08-16 13:12:57

Dear TSiVipul. Thanks for the praises. I Am happy that you have conferred on me the tilte Verito Man. And I am going to use it. In case M&M wants use my services, it will be nice. Now I can bring my Verito to your home provided you just let me have your address (But not beyond Delhi). I will be happy to meet you and take you on a drive (slow one). Get well soon.

@DrKeshav:

Will be waiting for you eagerly once I am okay(which I am already is).Right now I'll be happy to see the Verito even in the pics because it will take a lot of time for you to reach me...smiley36.gif

I could not go out for snapping some good photographs of the car Verito as the weather is terrible here in Shimla. But tomorrow I have decided to go out upto Chandigarh (provided there are no land slides on Shimla-Kalka Highway). Let us see what God has kept for me in store.

I am going to order Wireless Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, for Rs.6000.00 each set, which is a good device found in high end vehicles. I saw one factory installed in Scorpio. I am going to install TPMS in both my cars and post my observations.

Pressure in my car after filling Nitrogen remained constant after more than 2 weeks.

The reverse camera is not all that useful, but with sensors, parking will be easier.

@Drkeshav:

For reversing,I find ORVMs+sensors combo quite effective and believe me,it covers a wider area too and your reversing also becomes good.

About the tyre pressure monitoring system I can say that I don't need one because I can sense it while driving that which tyre needs what.

WoW all this praise for the Verito/Logan....I'm quite surprised as I found this car to a very, poor cheap option hoisted on the Indian public.

Anyways, Ironically enough - a good friend of mine from Shimla had this car.

His father who is a retired EnC in Himachal PWD bought the Logan for him when he left for Delhi having got a job there.

He wanted to take his old Zen with him but this Father surprised him with the Logan as a 'Gift'...

He found the car to be horrible, with very cheap and plasticky interiors, loud engine noise even in the cabin and worst of all to be underpowered - especially in the Hills...he would often drive from Delhi to Shimla...and it was horrible trying to overtake slow cars or trucks on the hills...he does not drive very fast and is a very careful, sober driver.

The only good thing about the car was the good mileage on diesel - but everything else was horrible for him.

He finally sold the Logan within 8 months of getting it - getting a very poor price for it and bought the VW Vento Diesel - which according to him is like 'Heaven' compared to the Logan.

The Logan failed with Renault realising the mistake of trying to sell cheap technology to the discerning Indian public and it pulled out...it's image is still damaged from the Logan with no takers for the Fluence...Mahindra is trying to now flog this car as the Verito....

Dr.Keshav

What a simple and precise post. It really made me to remember my drive from Delhi to Shimla way back in 2002 with a Maruti Van for the first time. I could remember ever inch of the road whatever you have written in your journey. I really admire your passion towards automobile in this age too and salute to your research part on "buying with a ego and not with the need" you have just said my findings with your post. Glad to you see a you here and learn from your experiences. Keep going Sir !!

I am back from long drive in Verito D4

Friends, I am back in Shimla after driving Verito for 600 kilometers. Here is a brief report about the mileage and behaviour of the car.

1. I started from Shimla, my hometown, on 5th August, 2011 to

Yamunanagar, a total distance of 220 kilometers. From Shimla to Kalka, (85 kilometers) the road is hilly with sharp curves and speed driving is not possible. The weather was fine, though the clouds were dark and threatening the drivers with heavy rains. Still, no rains until I reached Panchkula in Haryana. From here, very heavy rain hampered my progress. Water was falling from the sky like thick sheets and it was not possible for me to see beyond a few meters.

The wipers admitted their defeat in the face of this onslaught of rain. The situation remained grim for about 30 minutes and I could cover only a few kilometers, crawling like snail. And then all of a sudden rain god was kind and rain stopped.

2. From here to Yamunanagar, I could drive Verito at a constant speed of 75 to 80 kilometers per hour. Car is new and I did not want to push it beyond 2000 rpm. Verito also agreed and with this mutual understanding, we travelled happily. Dashboard showed 27.1 kilometer per litre consumption, which I feel is real good keeping

in view hill track and heavy rains.

3. Next day I went to Kurukshetra University for the conduct of viva voce examination, a distance of 68 kilometers. The road is good but I had to pass through the town and this was a real pain. You find all types of vehicles and a typical Haryanavi does not bother much about traffic rules. It took me eternity to cross this segment of road but thereafter, speed could be maintained. It happened in the evening when I was returning. Dashboard indicated 24.2 kilometers per litre.

4. I also drove my lovely Verito (against my good sense) in Yamunanagar town (24 kms). What an experience! You have to have half a dozen eyes to watch all the six sides. You never know what will happen next. Young crazy drivers exhibiting their driving skills as if some demon was chasing them. Anyhow, I survived with

my Verito and the average came to be 17.00 kilometers per litre.

5. Next day, Monday, I along with my wife started our return journey to Shimla. Even in the plains, one can find a small upward grade up to Kalka. The weather was fine but traffic was terrible. Traffic jams at Pinjaur, Kalka and Parwanoo tested my patience and that of my Verito, but we both came out with flying colours and

thanked God for His grace. You can very well imagine how one feels when one has to change gears after every 30 seconds. After Prwanoo, the hill road starts and we found no problem in driving at a moderate speed. At least we could switch off AC, which was doing a fine job of cooling the car and also my temper. Friends, I had to use AC for 70 % of the distance and time. It is hot and humid in plains and folks like me from hills feel very uncomfortable when we travel in plains. Again, dashboard showed 19.1 kilometers per litre. Not bad keeping in view AC, traffic and crazy drivers. Overall average came out to be 22.24 kilometers per litre. Good.

6. The car behaved very well like a cultured lady. And I too handled it like a true gentleman. I never drive very fast as even on National Highways, high speed does not give any significant advantage over moderate speeds. The saving of time is minimal and wastage of fuel is optimum. My researches have shown that high speed leads to high stress and tension, loss of correct judgement of distance, and wrong decisions often leading to more stress and accidents.

7. Verito�s drive gave me comfort and I did not feel tired. Suspension is very good and handling is excellent. Sometimes, I felt that power was a bit less. I hope after all free services, the car will open its floodgates and I will get proper power from this shy lady of a car.

8. Negotiation of curve is no problem with this car provided the driver does not apply brakes suddenly and let the car slow down before reaching a sharp curve. Everything is smooth and you feel as if you were floating.

9. Only irritating thing was the dashboard indicators. Whether you indicate right or left turn, both arrows on the dashboard will flash simultaneously challenging your patience. I sent a number of mails to M&M and every time they said that, nothing could be done to correct this problem. What a shame!

Well friends, that is all for the day. My overall experience was good and I can say that Verito is a good car if driven judiciously and with love and care. Mind it, even a car, to me, is a living thing. Sometime I talk to my cars and feel that they also talk back and respond. Your comments

Thanks for posting such genuine information regarding to varito car. Frankly sppeking I am not convinced by the Mahindra Verito.