guiguiswiss

Fiat 500 : two years long-term test

Hello everybody,

This afternoon I will take the time of make a report of use of our 2009 Fiat 500 after two years of use.

dsc02376j.jpg

dsc02377ve.jpg

We have ordered our little Fiat 500 at our local Fiat dealer the 31st January 2009 and Fiat delivered our 500 the 3rd April 2009. It's a Bossa Nova White 500 with a red/ivory interior, it's a 500 Pop with power steering, power windows, electric mirrors, 7 airbags, car stereo mp3, ABS... But no A/C (optional). The only option we have added are black/ivory Fiat 500 floor mats. The official price for a our Fiat 500 Pop was 10'990

Really a cute, little & Sweet the Fiat 500 looks & even its more appreciable even in the presence of Pegueot standing alongwith it.

However in India, due to Fiat's poor economical & overall position, we always feels devoid of the actual Fiat, here in our country.

I wish if we could get the 500 at that price in India . I would have given a pink one for my sister on rakshabhandan . Anyyways guiguiswiss it good to see you back with the update  . Even in the base trim the 500 looks cho sweet !!! Anyway it actually nice that the 500 is not launched here at sane price becuase the interior plastic quality of the 500 in India would have been a shame and we wouldn't discuss the cutiness of the car here . Fiat ruined the sexy Punto in my book when I went for a test drive , I broke the height adjuster lever ,an aircon vent and the seat plastic base cover smiley26.gif.

thank you all. I had not written for a long time, but I still read the forum smiley2.gif.

@rssh : no problems with the interior plastics quality of the 500, the quality is rather good for such a small car. Much better than the old Fiat which had a poor quality interior. However, I find that the carpet is really cheap.

@Guillame: Your car is in 'mint' condition. Absolutely no soiling of either the dash or upholstery and the engine bay looks soo clean. Your speedo looks like a 'jewel'. It's a low mileage car by your standards, 8391 kms, nice.

Durango Dude2011-08-26 10:30:06

The Fiat 500 and Fiat Uno were then and still are great little cars.  Easy and inexpensive to fix.  I know many that purchased the car and also purchased a full engine rebuild kit for later down the road.  Almost disposable, they continue to be

good basic transportation at a very fair price.

Two years running and many more to come.  Fiat delivered a couple of very popular cars with the Fiat Uno and Fiat 500.  It will last forever.  I would suggest that you have it detailed and also have a body shop  strip the wax and reseal the paint with a ceramic based product. Mechanically you're essentially still in break-in...hahaha  but do to the time it's a smart move to change all the filters including the gas filter.  Two years is also the limit for brake fluid so have them purge the DOT 3 and replace with DOT 4.  Good luck and you are sooooooooo lucky to have good dependable transportation at a low, low cost.

No, the break is over now, for us it was about 5'000km but for Fiat it's only 2'000km with a free oil change at the end! The oil is drained once a year (Shell Helix 5W40) but the brake fluid is changed less often here smiley3.gif !

The 1.2 is very efficient. You can easily find cheaper than the 500 but it's less cute... smiley36.gif Here we don't know the Uno but we have the Panda!