terrafield

Best car for city usage?

But I heard there are some changes in suspension to give more ride comfort. Also low end torque is tweaked for driveabilty

@Durango Dude, Regarding Brio I'm really confused on what to believe and what not. In all magazines, Autocar India, What Car etc they say that Brio has good ride quality but in Team-bhp forum's official review (which people say it as most unbiased review) it says ride quality is stiff and not good even on less than smooth surface. So really don't know which one to believe. Waiting for Brio test drive as well.

Also I feel Eon is too basic

BTW, can anyone let me know which magazine has most unbiased review? Autocarindia or What Car or Overdrive etc

@terrafield: Do a TD and then decide, you can take mag reivews as a guide only, ultimately it boils down to what you like during the TD, take a long TD. When I bought my car the TD was over 25 kms, one way I drove and other way I was driven to my residence by the SA, with me in the back seat. Nothing like a TD to decide, a long one at that.Durango Dude2011-09-30 13:48:53

For strict city usage, I'd advice you to go for Honda Brio.

It features Very comfortable yet spacious Interiors loaded with Hi-tech Instrumentation. At the same time its very compact externally.

You'll get it in upto Rs. 5.3 lacs only & keep the balance amount for fuel usage.

Else if you're highly keen on buying diesel car, then go for Swift ZDI only, Nothing else..

@Durango Dude, When I ask for a longer test drive, the dealer use to say the maximum allowed is 2 to 5 kms (depending on dealer). So I really cannot judge the car in a short period of time

@dr_nishu, I am waiting for Brio test drive. Did you get any chance to test drive brio? If so can you comment on the ride quality?

I had td of new jazz few days back.low end torque is not the major problem.However constant changing of the gear in the city made it difficult to drive smoothly. But the over all ride quality of jazz was excellent no doubt about that.

I have TDed the Jazz and I do not find any problem related to Ride Quality, but the pick-up is just ok. Jazz has SOHC engine and it need to be raved to get your desired performance. But strictly for city use, Jazz is perfect car. Even for short weekend drives, Jazz is best. Even if you TD old version, you will get the feel and newer version will be atleast better than the old version. So do not hesitate to TD old version. I have also seen the Brio, it seems perfect alternative to I-10, Wagon-r, Beat, Ritz etc with an edge. The quality and cabin space management are superb, only issue is the Boot space.. People may not select Brio, because it does not have space to fix the CNG kitsmiley2.gif. All the best.

@kadam_19' date=' thanks for your inputs. based on your opinion can I assume Jazz's ride quality is much better than bumpy i10? or is it only marginally better?

[/quote']

No doubt about that....Jazz's ride quality is far more better than i10 and honda's i-VTEC engine is way ahead than hyundai.If your budget is 6.5-7 lakh than go with Jazz else you can choose Brio for perfect city car with same 1.2 i-vtec engine from Jazz.

I have TDed the Jazz and I do not find any problem related to Ride Quality' date=' but the pick-up is just ok. Jazz has SOHC engine and it need to be raved to get your desired performance. But strictly for city use, Jazz is perfect car. Even for short weekend drives, Jazz is best. Even if you TD old version, you will get the feel and newer version will be atleast better than the old version. So do not hesitate to TD old version. I have also seen the Brio, it seems perfect alternative to I-10, Wagon-r, Beat, Ritz etc with an edge. The quality and cabin space management are superb, only issue is the Boot space.. People may not select Brio, because it does not have space to fix the CNG kitsmiley2.gif. All the best.

[/quote']

I have seen the Brio on the day it was launched...the boot is small but it is the perfect car for city use...Regarding the CNG I had talk with sales executive and he told me that you can fix smaller tank 8lit or 10lit in the boot for CNG. In-fact got the news that Honda itself is planning to launch the CNG Brio in next 6-12 months.

@kadam_19, thats enough for me. I had i10 and I sold it just because of 2 reasons

Bumpy ride and to make it worse the route to my office is full of potholes and speed breakers at every 50m

Lack of Low rpm torque and I use to face engine 'stalling' often

If the above 2 problems are not there in Honda Jazz then thats the car for me.

Today I spoke to a sales person from Olympia Honda and he told me that new car for test drive will come in a week or two. Waiting with my fingers crossed