Sstar

A Diesel Hatch in 5 to 5.5 Lac

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement of a diesel hatch. I have a budget around 5 to 5.5 Lac INR. I want following things from this car. These are as per my priority list as well.

1. Good space for 5

2. Safety

3. Good handling specially on Highways as I am planning this for long journeys as well

4. Good looks

5. Maintenance

Can you guys throw some light on this question please?

Thread moved. 

BornFree2011-10-29 15:42:21

Figo/Indica' date=' choices are limited to these in this price range, may have a look at the used car market for better choices.[/quote']

Sorry my friend. but I could not understand why a budget of five and half lacs will not make me able to buy a new one.
Sstar2011-10-04 14:10:24

Figo/Indica' date=' choices are limited to these in this price range, may have a look at the used car market for better choices.[/quote']

Sorry my friend. but I could not understand why a budget of five and half lacs will not make me able to buy a new one.

Dear Sstar,

You can always buy a brand new diesel car with that sort of money. 

But the choices are limited, as rightly said by DD. 

You can get a brand new Indica Diesel or a Figo Diesel or even a Beat Diesel

(which starts at 4.3 L onwards). 

Beyond that, it becomes difficult as of now.

All the best.

@Sstar

if seating 5 is your top priority than its Indica Vista, Figo could also do it but with 5 people on board it will scraped bumpers.

other's in option are Micra or Ritz but the interior space Vista offers is unmatched.

Edit: Swift diesel is also an option but try seating 5 and see if they have a comfy ride.
sarabjeet2011-10-04 15:38:19

Go for New Swift LDi.

Its having the least waiting period amongst all of its Variants.

If not in a stretched position, atleast Swift can accomodate 3 persons at rear in reasonable comfort.

Go for it or Do check out Ritz if you don't want to wait.

Liva G-sp ticks all of your option but for it's looks. Do check it out. My other choice would be new Vista. I wouldn't recommend a Figo, if you travel with 5 at most time. This is from my personal experience of owning a spark, which will get badly hit everytime we take it out. Now we stopped using it for highway trips.

I was wondering if I could go in for Polo TDI Trendline. But I have seen on ACI that 3 pot engine is not good. Has VW changed anything in Polo's engine to minimise its -ves?

How about punto?
Sstar2011-10-05 10:03:50

FIGO, SWIFT, POLO, PUNTO, BEAT, i20, RITZ, VISTA,FABIA, MICRA, LIVA

So out of all these diesel variant, the most appealing seem to be SWIFT , POLO AND FIGO due to various reasons...

but out of these three which has the best leg space and comfort?

Well i will never recommend an Indica to anyone. Too many niggles with the car. You can always go for the Ritz. It matches all your requirements except for the 4th one i.e Good Looks. :)

But it is an amazing car. Don't go for the Beat diesel as it lacks power and overtaking can be a problem.

I would highly recommend the Skoda Fabia or the Polo if you can push your budget to 6 Lakh.

Ritz , Indica eV2, Indigo-CS  , Vista, Liva

Tata vehicle do have some problems but overall Tata diesel vehicles are good choice.

You also have an option of Premier Rio. It has good engine, space as well as boot space but reliability is big issue.

Hi Guys' date='

I have a requirement of a diesel hatch. I have a budget around 5 to 5.5 Lac INR. I want following things from this car. These are as per my priority list as well.

?

Good space for 5

Safety

Good handling specially on Highways as I am planning this for long journeys as well

Good looks

Maintenance

[/quote']

Another option is to go for Fiat Punto 1.3 MjD Active variant as it offers the best of all of your above quoted needs.

Its priced at 5.25 lacs & this festival season it comes with healthy discounts too.

Only you've to get its Registration done seprately, else everything comes free with it.

I have find only one problem with Punto is its Rear seat Headroom.They can improve its interiors also. Otherwise the car is a perfect one with its

beauty,Engine,Build quality etc.Fiat is very much capable of investing

4000 cr to build new sales and service network in India.There is no

other reason for selling only 1000 Puntos per month after giving Free insurance,Heavy discount,extended warranty etc.

Fiat is very much capable of investing

4000 cr to build new sales and service network in India.There is no

other reason for selling only 1000 Puntos per month after giving Free insurance' date='Heavy discount,extended warranty etc.

[/quote']

Didn't got it exactly.

Can you explain it in l'll bit better way.

I had visited the Chevrolet showroom today..

couldn TD the beat Tdci but for 5.5 OTR mumbai with PW front and PS its a Steal.. as no other diesel car gets close to this in terms of price but i have a feeling that Figo for 5.8 EXI Diesel OTR mumbai is a better deal

My view is also for Either Figo Exi TDCI or Polo Trendline TDi. I know Figo is one for which I can strech my budget to 5.8 or 6 to get a Titanium but I am concerned on ground clearance.

Can any one of you give me a comparison analysis where in yuo can tell me ground clearance of Figo, Polo, Punto?
Sstar2011-10-07 09:28:15

GC of Punto:171 mm

Figo:168 mm

Polo:168 mm

Source:Autocar India

One can never conclude the bottom scrapping ability with these figures. The major factors being

1. Entry/ Exit Angle, Polo suffers from this

2. Softer suspension, Spark, Figo, City, Civic suffers

3. Longer wheel base

You can go for the Figo TDCI Exi version in the given price range.It has good driveability,is spacious,comfy and offers good ride & handling combo.However for safety features you have to opt for the titanium. smiley1.gif

GC of Punto:171 mm

Figo:168 mm

Polo:168 mm

Source:Autocar India

One can never conclude the bottom scrapping ability with these figures. The major factors being

1. Entry/ Exit Angle' date=' Polo suffers from this

2. Softer suspension, Spark, Figo, City, Civic suffers

3. Longer wheel base
[/quote']

Would this mean that Polo has stiff suspension and Figo has softer?

If this is true then why does people vote Highway drivability of Figo to higher lever of satisfaction? I think stiff suspension gives you grip on the road while changing lanes on fast speeds?
Sstar2011-10-07 12:39:13

@Star,

Even I always used to wonder how come Ford & Fiat offers both Great Ride & Handling. If suspension is soft, handling suffers, but these magitians so something special.

wrt Polo - There is a lip like structure in the lower point of bumper, when you carelessly enter a bump, you might break the bumper lip.

wrt Figo, It has softer suspension. If 5 travel in it with reasonable luggage on a long trip, your heart will miss a beat at every Speed(vehicle) braker before every toll. Be sure to kiss many brakers on longer trips.