Sstar

A Diesel Hatch in 5 to 5.5 Lac

Go for the Figo it is a better overall package than the Ritz . The ride and handling are much better and the in city driving with the Figo will be stress free due to the city friendly turbo spool . The Ritz is a good product but the LDi varient is too bare bone.

Thanks guys...I have asked my brother to see Ford and MS both on this Saturday and then decide which way you would like to sit.

Wait and watch...by this Sunday I will post some good news here on this thread.smiley1.gif

But meanwhile, I will not be there with them on this important decision day .... sad sad sad smiley28.gif

Ford Figo scores on cheaper Service costs as against High Service costs of Maruti Diesel cars, which is around Rs. 5.5-6k/Paid Service at 10,000kms.

Expect 1-1.5 lakh kms or 4-years of ownership ease with both of these cars.

My choice is for Ritz of these 2.

For Raw power from MJD, far better GC that wont scrap every bumps when loaded, Far better looks ( both internally & externally ).

@sstar,

I agree to rssh on Figo being a overall better package but I still cant accept the Figo as a Youthful car.

Ritz will get a slight facelift by mid-2012. Secondly. Do not understimate the Renault Pulse dCI. The only drawback is the small dealer network but the car quite good. Looks better than the MIcra too..!

Renault Pulse is a good car but is priced at a premium and may not fall in his budget . Also pulse doesn't have ABS even in the top varient inspite of premium pricing . The engine is a gem but the overall dynamics aren't great . Better to buy cheaper Micra than Pulse (30-40k less) if you really like that car.

Hi All,

I got update from my brother that we have booked Ritz Ldi on this sunday.

Finally, I would say a long search of 3 to 5 months has ended smiley32.gif

Thank you all for your valuable opinions

Hi All' date='

I got update from my brother that we have booked Ritz Ldi on this sunday.[/quote']

Congrats sstar, you are soon going to drive the most youthful & powerful car from your choice.

Finally you are going to get the max value for your money. You will appreciate your brother after few months, once ypur engine opens up and you understand your car.

IMHO, Ritz has unmatched VFM factor in its segment and will always be my choice.

creativebala2012-02-20 18:48:00

Hi
Is there any specific reason to ignore Beat ? even having three year warranty pack.

1. Engine refinement as when I test drove it in Nov 2011, I found it very noisy inside the cabin.

2. Lack of power for Highway driving in Beat Diesel as I was planning this car to be used for highway commutiing purpose. And Beat Diesel engine starts loosing out of oxygen just after 75 KMPH and above.

3. Space - both in cabin and boot.

Beat Diesel is not a bad car for people those who are looking for a city commuting, bumper to bumper traffic. However, it is not meant for high speed highway cruses. 

You can get this clue from the Beat Diesel ad too smiley2.gif
Sstar2012-02-22 17:56:53

what is the waiting period of Ritz Ldi Silver colour?

We have booked it on Feb 20 but so fat "No Idea". Expected delivery date given to us was March 15, 2012.

Any clues???

@Sstar;
In which City you've booked Ritz ??

Here in ours state' date=' there's a ready delivery for any variant of Ritz, except ZXi petrol which is somewhat short on Supplies. [/quote']

Gurgaon.

Gurgaon.

If you're a Resident of Haryana state then Try to get the car from any other Non-NCR city of Haryana, ASAP as If the proposed Green Tax may gets implemented Post budget announcement, it can significantly increase the prices of New Diesel cars.

I'm sure you can easily get it from Panipat, Sonepat of Karnal region & before 31st of March 2012. Just give a Try.

Goodluck.

smiley1.gif

Gurgaon.

If you're a Resident of Haryana state then Try to get the car from any other Non-NCR city of Haryana' date=' ASAP as If the proposed Green Tax may gets implemented Post budget announcement, it can significantly increase the prices of New Diesel cars.
I'm sure you can easily get it from Panipat, Sonepat of Karnal region & before 31st of March 2012. Just give a Try.
Goodluck.
smiley1.gif [/quote']

yes home is in Gurgaon and we booked it at RANA motors. They had given March 15 as delivery date. but I have told them I am going to get car on before MArch 11 else booking is cancel as it is not a meaningful thing to get it on higher rates....rather I will think to opt for a petrol sedan with CNG option.

@Sstar;

Though Budget 2012-13 will be out by around 15th March, but its changes will be implemented atleast not before by 1st April2012. So, don't worry if you're getting delivery by 15th or nearby it.

Even Specific Taxing on Diesel cars is still a very Suspicious question & will be answered only by Mid of this month, but as the people/customers itself are raising this fact again & again.

So, the dealers are also trying to exploit this situation to the Max, atleast till the Budget 2012-13 gets unveiled.

However, Excise Duty increase of 2% is on the cards for sure, in this budget for both Petrol & Diesel cars.

dr_nishu2012-03-02 20:41:15

@ dr_nishu:

This is true that budget gets effective from next fiscal year however, if am sure...the sales guy told my brother that post march 15, they will charge additional excise duty as the they plan to either deliver on/before March 15 or in next fiscal (which will automatically apply the taxes).

But I am shock to see that GOI is looking to hike tax on petrol cars as well.

anways....time will tell this. But you shared a valuable information. Thanks for sharing smiley1.gif

Update:

I got to know from my brother that my Ritz is going to be delivered on March 11, 2012.

And since it is Sunday,hence whole family will be going to get the keys.

smiley32.gif
Sstar2012-03-07 16:26:22

Congrats Sstar to you and your family on the new Ritz. Its a diesel' date=' LDI I guess.[/quote']

Thanks DD...Yes it is Ldi. But I have asked the dealer for some MGA as pre-installed.

Congrats Sstar for your upcoming soon' date=' Ritz D.
Be alert for the PDI, Pre-delivery & Delivery process.
Goodluck.[/quote']
Thanks Nishu, are you having some checklist with you? please share if you have it.
Sstar2012-03-08 14:46:01

Thanks Nishu' date=' are you having some checklist with you? please share if you have it.
[/quote']

Just read, think & follow this post carefully;

1) PDI: As you are buying a Maruti Suzuki, I guess PDI won't be a problem in your purchase. Reasons being;

-MS cars are fast selling cars so stock piling up is less.

-MS cars itself are almost Trouble-free with high levels of Precision engineering.

So, these factors make PDI an almost Zero-Worry issue.

But for the sake of satisfaction, you must check out the car offered to you as per PDI form Supplied there at the delivery spot.

Main points need to be checked out there are:

-Body Surface for Scratches.

-Lights(check for the scratches or any signs of breakage) & its working.

-Tyres form & brand.(MS mostly uses Goodyear, JK or MRFs).

-Electrical switches, Indicator stalks, AC controls & functioning.

-Seats(form & fabric). check for any cuts or else.

2) Other Pre-Delivery prospects:

Do check out for documentation & Read the declarations carefully before signing them, as usually PDI forms are signed before checking out the car in person.

So, this type of Attentive-ness is needed.

Don't get flown up in the Emotions of car purchase. As you're getting the delivery on Sunday so go through these with ease.

On Finance front, Try to negotiate as much as possible & try to get as much as possible, as after its a Product-Monetary deal between you & the Dealer.

3) Delivery process:

-Firstly, Don't forget to click a pic at the time of dealer, as dealer can forget it very easily.

Rest, Drive safe & carefully and Follow company Instructions while 1st 1000kms of you car.

Goodluck n Have a Happy delivery of your car. smiley20.gif