drkeshav

Latest Verito Experience - A brief report

Friends. I am happy that a number of readers of this forum and other have been soliciting my advice for buying Verito. Well! I tried to tender sane and objective suggestions and many have bought Verito. Good luck to them and congratulations.

Here is my latest experience with Verito. Four days ago, I travelled a distance of 600 kilometers in my Verito D4. I passed through hill track (180 Kilometers), very bad roads of Himachal and Uttarakhand (about 70 kilometers) and rest on good highways. The car gave no problem at all and absorbed the potholes very efficiently. The average consumption of fuel came out to be 24.50 Kms/litre which is real good keeping in view the condition of the roads. I do not push the car to its limits and drive with a moderate velocity of 70 to 80 Kms/ hour. The speed limit on National Highways is 90 Kms/hour. There is some logic behind it. There is no fun in driving like a mad man being chased by a demon. Driving should be fun and an enjoyable experience. As I have said in one of my posts and all of us know very well, high speed even on Freeways does not give any significant advantage in terms of time and fuel savings. But high speed driving increases our stress level and blood pressure leading to wrong judgement (latest unfortunate case of son of Mr. Azharudin) . So drive at a moderate speed and stay healthy.

Thread moved.
BornFree2011-10-29 15:42:54

Thanks for the comment. Yes, the average is real good. I try to avoid excessive braking and drive at a moderate speed. If we all follow some basic principles of driving, we will get good average as well as peace of mind. Incidently, I have asked by a number of my friends to write a small book on Car Care. So I will be publishing a very practical manual entitled "Car Care Manual". I hope, even the experts will derive benefit from it.

Now about the photos. I have posted photos of my Verito at http://mahindralogan.forumotion.com/t814-at-last-photos-of-my-verito-d4-with-love-from-shimla. Kindly do visit and let me have your opinion. I will be posting some new photos soon. The car is three months old and has done about 4000 Kilometers.

When I go out on my lecture tour, I test the capacity of this car (not speed). And I always find that Verito is a good and economical family car. For me, looks are of no consequence. It is the safety and performance alongwith comfort, which are most important. Good Luck.

@Drkeshav:

I will keep mum on speed limits and all that stuff,same for some reason,but still I frequently make long drives(sometimes as long as 2-3k kms)but my speed limits are now upto 180-190 on open stretches but still I manage to get 10+ out of my Laura and 15+ on my Corolla.

Recently I too tried to get a good FE figure on my Corolla on a trip to Jaipur and surprisingly I managed to get 24.2 overall but my top speed limit was 130(that 6th gear seems to be useless most of the time).

But your FE figure is really astonishing and I think you need to carry on with that 'Car care manual' thing,I'd like to be among the first readers of the book.

TSiVipul2011-10-13 14:11:45

Thanks. I am collecting relevant material from all knjown sources for the manual and I would like to send the draft to persons like you who are keen motorists for suggestions and comments. I wish that people will save fuel even if they are billionairs. After all oil is national property and we have to be careful how much we use and how much we waste. Hope you also agree with me.

@Drkeshav:
Sir, I could not see pics on the URL as it asked me to Register on that forum whcih I want to avoid as password management is difficult for me. Kindly, post pics in this thread if you can.

Actually, I am looking for new car within 3 4 months now. So I want to see some personalized opinions and captures of some of the options in the market, before I could pick anyone of them.

Posting after a long time. My Verito has done 18000> and is still going strong. What I wrote earlier stands good. The car is good and FE is very good (At 46 degree outside, with full AC on, average is more than 21 Km/Ltr. Otherwise about 25 to 27 Km/Ltr) Not bad at all. The engine is a bit under powered, but I drive easy, no hurry on the road as I do not want to meet my maker before time. After 2000rpm, the car shows its teeth. Well, I tried upto 120 Km/Hr and there was no problem. At lower speeds, the car seems slow and overtaking is difficult, but after 100 Km/hr, no problem. Funny thing is this: When top speed limit is 90 Km/hr, then why to speed up. I have seen lots of accidents due to over speeding.

Well those who want a good, comfortable, economical and hardy car, Verito get the first place in its segment. Happy driving.

Incidently what I think car companies should do something so that very high speed is arrested for our safety. Will it be possible? Life is more important than thrill of speed. Any takers?