Carish

New Fabia or New Swift?

Well,now this spares parts price list is speaking everything itself.

@Carish:

For even more clarification you can visit any Skoda dealership and ask people about their experience and then see the response yourself.Their service is also good now,maybe because they have very less cars to service as compared to MS and Hyundai etc so they are able to give you a good attention and yes,guy the Skoda has that premium feel which everyone wants to experience while driving as well as at the service station and this is the thing which a Maruti can never give you.

A final word:"Its true that Skodas can burn a hole in your pocket and make you cry,but that is the case when you make her cry and love banging her on every obstacle,else their build is tough enough to last decades".

TSiVipul2011-10-21 01:43:28

1St of all thanx for such nice reply. Liva is a not so good looking car. I had Jazz allover my mind but petrol prices are disturbing for a long term ownership plan.

I think the best suited car for you would be TATA Manza or Vista Diesel.

If you pick Vista then in 6 or 6.3 you may get topend version with 2 airbags, ABS, EBD, Climate Control AC, Company Fitted Music System with steering mounted controls.

Whereas in Manza same list of feature would cost you at least 1 lac to 1.5 lac higher.

Swift Vdi has service interval of 5000km

A small correction here.

As far as I know, apart from the old Generation Carbureted Marutis all others have 10000km service interval whether it is petrol or diesel.

First:1000km; Second5000km;Third10,000km and all the other services at 10,000km or 1 year which ever is earlier!

And skoda service interval I think is 15,000km or 1 year.carispassion2011-10-21 21:45:08

201199171441_500.jpg

Got the spare part price list from a reknowned site smiley4.gif

This seems to be a welcome move from Skoda! smiley32.gif

Haven't driven Fabia in india. So could not comment on the same.

Have driven Fabia Combi 1.6 diesel in Germany for around 900km. Didn't feel it to be very stable at speeds above 120kmph. I think the Swift might be slightly better in this field. I think the Fabia Cobi felt just a little better in high speed manners than our Ritz VDi in India; though I am not quite sure about this.

However, the 1.6 mill was very easy to drive and was quite responsive too!

+1 to Carispassion,the Fabia really misses that sportiness and confidence inspiring handling of a Swif,but I can say that handling of Fabia is still quite upto the mark but high-speed stability is really an issue,in fact I have fount Fabia really scary when I test drove a 1.6 and did 155 kph in itStill as an overall package especially if you consider ride and comfort,Fabia is still head and shoulders above the Swift.

Swift Vdi has service interval of 5000km

A small correction here.

As far as I know' date=' apart from the old Generation Carbureted Marutis all others have 10000km service interval whether it is petrol or diesel.

First:1000km; Second5000km;Third10,000km and all the other services at 10,000km or 1 year which ever is earlier!

And skoda service interval I think is 15,000km or 1 year.[/quote']

Thanx for the correction buddy... The sales person misguided me. and am sure you are correct because u own a maruti, right?

Every 5th car on the road you see would probably be a maruti swift, this has got to mean something right? The Swift is one of the most successful cars the Indian market has ever seen. Just one glitch in soooo many decades doesn