Which is best ..OptraMagnum/Scorpio

i have read the entire thread that members are giving suggestions about every car except the optra and scorpio

also the scorpio is no junk as is written in this thread. i have driven it lots and infact enjoyed driving it. about reliability, the scorpio has no major issues and it has a tried and tested engine, so no worries

i have driven the magnum for just 2-3 kms and found it to be exceptional

out of the two, i personally like the scorpio because of the commanding view of the road it gives, i can scare any rickshaw or small puny cars in a scorpio

I have seen few Scorpios hit 3 wheelers here in Punjab and severely damage the plastic bumper and grille, next time you are showing off of bullying smaller cars, do that in the comfort of something like a Jonga or Trax, at least the contact will be solid metal to metal.

i have read the entire thread that members are giving suggestions about every car except the optra and scorpio

also the scorpio is no junk as is written in this thread. i have driven it lots and infact enjoyed driving it. about reliability' date=' the scorpio has no major issues and it has a tried and tested engine, so no worries

out of the two, i personally like the scorpio because of the commanding view of the road it gives, i can scare any rickshaw or small puny cars in a scorpio
[/quote']

smiley36.gif ...true

also the scorpio is no junk as is written in this thread. i have driven it lots and infact enjoyed driving it. about reliability' date=' the scorpio has no major issues and it has a tried and tested engine, so no worries

[/quote']

very true jay.... and that princely feeling we get only in an SUV, and not a saloon...

and about dashing the scorpio, i think jay means he just scares puny cars and not bash them!

but still, i have had an accident with my scorpio. we dashed a wagon R from behind. we were doing 90 kmph and we did brake (but u know how scorpio's brakes are!!) the wagon R's bumper erupted from left side, its taillights broke and the boot door was badly dented. and suprisingly my scorpio just had its bumper going down by about 2 cms. all we had to do was lift the bumper and tighten it. the bumper still stands there proudly (after a year of the accident) with no signs of damage. mahindra is tough.

Instead of going in for the Scorpio you could go in for the Sumo Grande, the other BIG car that Tata launched besides the Nano at the Auto Expo.It is in the same price range and comes with a lot of new features including a 2.2 dicor engine and it gives 16-20 kmpl to the liter.