kalyansundar

New Swift D vs Hyundai i20 CRDi vs Toyota

@bala- I have been driving swift for last 4 yrs n trust me its ergonomics r poor. U never get comfortable . Most of them may not even notice it but, if ur talkin serious drivin u agree to my view. Mind you i20 is not better.. poor under thigh support n uneven accelerator n clutch pedal.

Try Ford fiesta classic, its ergonomics r awesome.

Offer on Ritz VDi ABS??

Yes even I too have heard that there ae some offers of about 20-30 k on this car.

In my views,if Honda Jazz is in the list,then leave everything else and get this car.Nothing really comes close in any field.

Offer on Ritz VDi ABS??

Yes even I too have heard that there ae some offers of about 20-30 k on this car.

When I've enquired the sales person told that no offer is available on diesel variants, also you can not cancel the booking for ABS version once done, as they are made against orders..

After a total market research I've made up my mind to go for a Toyota and I've cancelled the Swift booking and given the cheque to Toyota.. smiley1.gif

Model: Liva GD, Colour: White

The car was ready and I haven't missed the opportunity. Though the car doesn't have any alloy wheel option and I've to live without alloys for next 3 years (known as warranty period.. smiley19.gif )

I've tried contacting Toyota through mails and calls (for alloys.. smiley36.gif) But nope, no result; all of them warned me that if any fitting problem happened then I may not get the warranty shield for tiers(default 6 months) and suspension(..?? don't know..!!) I got scared and cancelled the dream for alloys..

Front and back spoilers are not available as accessories coz trained resources are not available... Now they are saying Kenwood HU is not available due to Thiland flood so they'll give Pioneer HU, will confirm which model tomorrow.. But I think they are too costly at dealer.. Should I go for after-market, will it void my warranty..??

Can anyone please suggest a good spare shop in Kolkata..??

Congrats on the new car , just tell them to put the Etios sedan alloys they will fit the liva easily or else go and find of pair of them aftermarket . Get the music system and aftermarket ;it not really a rocket science to fit aftermarket stuff with keeping the warrenty intact ;and also you get then cheap outside the dealership .

PS : the dealer is playing with you on the alloys thing .

PS : the dealer is playing with you on the alloys thing .

You're very true..

When I've asked them to get the Liva petrol V model alloys only, they replied this is not possible as this is not coming as accessories to Liva GD model specific and hence they will not fit accessories from different model/version (...very funny considering a dealer under Toyota brand..) So bottom line, Liva GD owner have to stay without alloys, otherwise loose warranty and prepare for unforeseen harassment...

@kalyan

Why dont you ask the dealer to show you the clause which states that fitting an alloy will void warranty. Else tell them to give this in writing. There is no way an alloy can void warranty.

Also going for aftermarket ICE will never void warranty. The quotes that you got from the dealer are very very high, if not just a bit high. Do not waste money like that. Preferably, take a friend along from your office, who has a car and is a proper Kol resident. Also if you are a bit soft by nature, make sure you get a stern and hot headed friend with you. Helps a lot in car buying and offer negotiating.

Check PM.

20111227#5690876973898768130

Hi all,

First, apologies for the delayed update as I haven't got any time to login and update the status. The good news is I got the delivery of my white Liva a week before and already driven 1800 Kms .. :) Yes, it's true 1800 on 10 days..!!

Used for my every day office journey (120KM) for 1 week and then done two long drives, one to Durgapur (300 Kms) and now I'm in Sambalpur (650 Kms one way).. Completed my first service on 1100 Kms.. I'll post a detail ownership review once I touch 5K mark, below are few points on my initial findings..

+Ve

1) I never feel tired, even yesterday after driving 400Kms on a single day.

2) Superb mileage, atlest 20 with 20% city bumper to bumper traffic and 60 Kms off-roading with AC on all the time. Yes off-roading in a hatchback on NH6 in Jharkhand, OMG..!! what a pathetic condition of the road (read National highway connecting Kolkata-Mumbai). In Bengal its nice, in Orissa its good but in Jharkhand even the trucks are finding it very hard... I scribbled the under-body atleast 3-4 times...

3) The car feels solid, even during 60 Kms of off-roading no rattle.. no jik jik...

4) Very comfortable for 5 adults

5) Stunning look, really a head turner after the sticker job, everywhere I stopped the car atleast some people are asking about this beauty..

6) Torquey engine and stable behavior, nice for highway cruising @100 and as well as for city driving. Crossed long ghats comfortably as well, the long 3rd gear is very handy..

-Ve

1) Watch out the corners, it's not that great say like Swift

2) The car literally starts dancing on consecutive potholes, the suspension is very soft I think to improve the ride quality but Indian roads are the culprit.. :)

3) This engine doesn't like to be revved beyond 120, touched 140 once but not confident on that so didn't tried it again, very noisy cabin, you can listen to the engine sound from the cabin very clearly, so I started listening music at high dbs.. :)

Thanks,

Kalyan

Hi all,

First, apologies for the delayed update as I haven't got any time to login and update the status. I got the delivery of my white Liva on last Friday and already driven 1800 Kms .. :) Yes, it's true 1800 on 10 days..!!

Used for my every day office journey (120KM) for 1 week and then done two long drives, one to Durgapur (300 Kms) and now I'm in Sambalpur (650 Kms one way).. Completed my first service on 1100 Kms.. I'll post a detail ownership review once I touch 5K mark, below are few points on my initial findings..

+Ve

2) Superb mileage, atlest 20 with 20% city bumper to bumper traffic and 60 Kms of off-roading with AC on all the time. Yes off-roading in a hatchback on NH6 in Jharkhand, OMG..!! what a pathetic condition of the road (read National highway connecting Kolkata-Mumbai). In Bengal its nice, in Orissa its good but in Jharkhand even the trucks are finding it very hard... I scribbled the under-body atleast 3-4 times...

3) The car feels solid, even during 60 Kms of off-roading no rattle.. no jik jik...

5) Stunning look, really a head turner after the sticker job, everywhere I stopped the car atleast some people are asking about this beauty..

6) Torquey engine and stable behavior, nice for highway cruising @100 and as well as for city driving. Crossed long ghats comfortably as well, the long 3rd gear is very handy..

-Ve

2) The car literally starts dancing on consecutive potholes, the suspension is very soft I think to improve the ride quality but Indian roads are the culprit.. :)

3) This engine doesn't like to be revved beyond 120, touched 140 once but not confident on that so didn't tried it again, very noisy cabin, you can listen to the engine sound from the cabin very clearly, so I started listening music at high dbs.. :)

Thanks,

Kalyan

Hi all' date='

First, apologies for the delayed update as I haven't got any time to login and update the status. I got the delivery of my white Liva on last Friday and already driven 1800 Kms .. :) Yes, it's true 1800 on 10 days..!!

+Ve
2) Superb mileage, atlest 20 with 20% city bumper to bumper traffic and 60 Kms of off-roading with AC on all the time. Yes off-roading in a hatchback on NH6 in Jharkhand, OMG..!! what a pathetic condition of the road (read National highway connecting Kolkata-Mumbai). In Bengal its nice, in Orissa its good but in Jharkhand even the trucks are finding it very hard... I scribbled the under-body atleast 3-4 times...

-Ve

Thanks,
Kalyan[/quote']

Congrates on your new purchase. I know it's hard to digest if your car is noisy. I have not been keen to buy Liva D because of this reason and the second is the quality of material. Because of these two reasons I avoided thinking on it, though I am still in search of a new D car (which will continue after March now).

Congrates once again.
Sstar2011-12-28 19:02:50

Id rather wait another month for my new maruti swift which I have booked other than being hasty and buying some other car which I will definitely get much faster' date=' but it wont even be half as good as a maruti swift!![/quote']

In which month you've booked the New Swift ??

What's the expected delivery month quoted by the MS dealer !

I have booked the swift zdi white colour yesterday . The dealer told me that he can deliver the car in august . He told me that he can give me by june if there were any cancellations in the bookings :).

I m also looking for my next car..currently driving i10 from last 4 years now wants to upgrade to Diesel car in the bracket of 7 lacs..looking for good interiors,comfort,fuel efficiency & reliable product..getting confused between new i20 Sport & Dezire Zdi as price difference is only 20K between the two..

I found the exterior & interior of i20 far better than Dezire which is neither a hatch back nor a sedan so i am a bit inclined towards with new i20,any wrong feedback about i20..also not looking for 7 seater as our is small family..so hatch back is fine with us...plz suggest

Interior space and quality is the USP of the i20 . The boot space is more than enough for a hatchback ,the only problem is that the AC is not that great and one needs to invest on good quality sunfilms otherwise the car pleases the drivers who drive in a calm manner .

The new Dzire though looks better than the earlier one but the boot is too small for it to be considered a sedan . May be a notchback option might have worked better for Maruti .

Hi Thnx..plz specify if there is major problem with AC of i20..as i am quite satisfied with AC of i10..

i20 uses the AC compressor same as i10, which takes the longer time to cool bigger i20's cabin.

@ dr nishu the i20 has a smaller compressor than even the i10 . It is a 90cc unit were as the i10 has 110cc unit . Hyundai chose this configuration because the car is heavy for a 1.2lt engine so if one puts a big compressor the engine will not deliver power in uphill climbs as easily . The Figo is a chiller because it has a 150cc compressor .

If you buy i20 then I suggest you keep 10k aside for 3M CR70 and CS50or RE50 sunfilm which in my experience with i20 compliments the smaller capacity AC very well.