BonFre

Search ended with India's highest selling car (pg11)

If the "more price = more quality" statement holds juice, it should be applicable across the Board. Sadly, the story isn't so.  For the segment itself, Figo is a nicely equipped car with good quality, still the price is lowest.

On Liva, missing Tacho is a big-big deal for me. Moreso when it comes to a diesel because the power band is extremely narrow, so much unlike the high revving petrols.

I was impressed with the Liva when I drove it. Sure but there were many areas spotted that needed immediate attention by the company. Hopefully Toyota should take care of those by the expo but Im a bit not so hopeful because it would be too soon for a Toyota to go through changes. So typically unlike Toyota, or do they intend to shock & surprise us!

Micra execs. are after my life, think Im inching closer to it. Reports of upcoming price hike are adding fuel. Silver color is available in lower variant, my choice was White. They are offering me some scheme on it, obviously its stock clearance.

Now importantly, should I go for the kill or wait for the Expo to spring up some new surprises?

Another update: While I was impressed with the Figo but latest long TD did not turn out to be very comfy. The car sits pretty low, bottoming out is not an issue for me but low seating is.

Now importantly' date=' should I go for the kill or wait for the Expo to spring up some new surprises?
[/quote']

?

All depends on you & your preferences, as if you're already satisfied with Micra then there's no logic in delaying it, especially when its confirmed price rise is on the anvil.

If you're in doubt, then waiting does make sense but I'd suggest you to have a review on upcoming launches, rather than to 'Wait for the Rain on a Sunny day'.

Just to add a bit more to your confusion -Mahindra's Mini Xylo launch is expected on 7th Jan2012(as per other Auto forums).

But wait for it only if you're not bothered about buying a 3-cylinder Diesel engined car with Floaty handling.

Else you're going in a right direction.

Another update: While I was impressed with the Figo but latest long TD did not turn out to be very comfy. The car sits pretty low' date=' bottoming out is not an issue for me but low seating is.
[/quote']

The same is the trouble with me too, as I don't like too much low cars. The same is the case with the Rear Seat of Fluidic Verna also.

One of the best Rear seat comfort i've seen it is in the Tata cars & this bar is raised one step up with Manza.dr_nishu2011-12-16 16:04:10

@BF

Try to sweeten the deal further. Appear disintersted saying that " I will already lose money because of  resale on an year old car, better get a newer model. amybe I will wait for Renault Pulse." This will send the running to get you a better offer.

My brother in law is also in market. Was tempted a lot by Fiat guys offering him Punto Petrol at 4.9 lakhs Gurgaon on road, and Diesel at 5.8 lakhs on road. However I somehow made him to reject the offer. Now he waits for the RIII.

Nish, Im kind-off not completely sold out on the Micra. If at all, its going to be an impulsive purchase fueled by the impending price hike!

Xylo-mini is already on my mind, nothing wrong in checking out a new launch. At the same time, hopes not high.

Regarding the Figo, I usually use the front seats only but while driving it, I was conciously looking out for huge/big imperfections on the road due to the feedback it transfers inside. From inside it seems like riding on scooter tyres!

R1, yes that's what Im upto. Btw, Beat execs are offering me some goodies, have just kept them on the ringside!

Punto reminds me of the update its gonna get early next year. Going by Fiat, guess its going to be a minor tweak only.

Wish we had Micras long ownership reviews, focussing on a.s.s, spares & prices.

I have a neighbor with Micra petrol. A$$ spares and service cost can be collected, except diesel info.

Mini Xylo should be a good product, but I doubt its hatch like character and handling. Also quality is not top class.

There is a good discount on Ritz. Although you said that looks are not on your favor, still a good value. And do not loose hope on Etios. If refreshed this expo can be a game changer.

**EDIT**

And what if Chevy Sail launches a diesel ? smiley17.gif

sb-alto2011-12-16 16:52:12

Chevy Sail most probably not launching before June. According to my friend in General Motors, they have not yet even finalised the variants!

A Chevy Sail launch before March would be a surprise. They may unveil the car though!

Sb, Ritz surely is a no-nonsense car & I will check it out. Though the chances of it making to my garage look pretty slim! Blame it on the too practical approach due to which I would find it difficult to develop much attachment with the car. Cars being emotional extentions for enthusiasts, need that something extra to strike a cord.

Xylo would bring in hatch like manuverability & UV like space. Could be the dark horse...

Now when I think of it, its "Micra or Expo". Is Micra that exciting that we can overlook the Expo? No, not in hell! What about the price rise, can we afford to overlook that? With a heavy heart & a lighter pocket, Yes.

Thread Title Edited.
BornFree2011-12-16 17:59:49

Regarding the Figo' date=' I usually use the front seats only but while driving it, I was conciously looking out for huge/big imperfections on the road due to the feedback it transfers inside. From inside it seems like riding on scooter tyres!
[/quote']

Ditto same to same observations & views.

IMHO, its the basic difference between Figo & its parent Fiesta Classic. The latter is pretty much high set over the Figo & I haven't heard much about the floor scrapping issues of Fiesta Classic, unlike Figo.

Even Micra is also having low seating position with High set dashboard & gives the feeling of a low car, but its Relatively higher GC, Stiffer suspension & Higher centre of Gravity changes the picture altogether as compared to Figo.

Old Swift was having an exactly Ideal driving seating position & that made it highly popular among every age groups but To be very Frank, -After Test Driving New Swift for around 4-5 times, I'm yet to find an exactly/nearly Identical seating position & comfort in it despite of the presence of Tilt Steering & Height adjustable Driver's Seat in New Swift ZDi.

Now when I think of it' date=' its "Micra or Expo". Is Micra that exciting that we can overlook the Expo? No, not in hell! What about the price rise, can we afford to overlook that? With a heavy heart & a lighter pocket, Yes.

[/quote']

Price rise for Nissan Micra & Sunny is 2-3% i.e ~10k for Micra & around 18-20k for Sunny.

Recent popped the idea into my mind, Considering from the Re-Sale point of view, If you sell your car after 5 years then you can easily fetch more than 40k in the price of 2012 model/billed/Registered car as compared to 2011 version.

So, 10-12k stands nowhere infront of ~40k, plus you're getting the option to see the other exhaustive/viable options at AutoExpo12.

So, Waiting does seems to be more fruitful than being Impulsive now & Hope it'll ease both of your Heart & Pocket now.

Chevy Sail most probably not launching before June. According to my friend in General Motors' date=' they have not yet even finalised the variants!A Chevy Sail launch before March would be a surprise. They may unveil the car though!

[/quote']

Yes, SAIL is expectedly coming by June12.

Even I haven't heard of a GM-India's production of Fiat-shared 1.3 MjD engine, which is proposed to be used for New SAIL hatchback & Sedan.

Even if its going to be unveiled or launched, expect a Petrol version of it, until its going to be accompanied by Diesel engine by June-July 2012.

IMHO' date=' Liva base Diesel with ABS at Rs.5.55 lacs is a Steal in our market.
As per my basket of preferred needs, it lacks Tachometer, Rear defogger or Wash wipe(any one).
Else its almost a complete package with AC, EPS, All Power windows, Remote Central locking, Wheel caps, Body coloured door handles-mirrors & most importantly ABS.
Music System retrofit is a better option, than Toyota's boring & flimsy looking stock MP3 player, as available in in its higher Petrol variants.[/quote']

how can this be possible? I mean getting LIVA Diesel with ABS on just 5.5 Lacs on road?? I can not believe it

Nish, yes there's lot of logic in your comments on price rise & subsequent resale drop. Things are getting clearer, a 10k hike for Micra is not much. Plus the additional garnish of the expo. Think I would do good waiting than taking a plunge now & repenting later.

About Figo, low seating coupled with not so comfy ride & extremely low  window sills, break the deal for me.

Micra is still in un-known waters when it comes to a.s.s & spares/prices etc. Had it been Swift in Micras place, would have been worth-while taking the plunge but I guess Micra is not as much a prized catch.

how can this be possible? I mean getting LIVA Diesel with ABS on just 5.5 Lacs on road?? I can not believe it

Yes it's but 5.55 lacs is an Ex-Showroom price for Liva in my City(check for yours at Toyota website), while On-the Road will add up costs to another 50k, total summing upto ~Rs.6 lacs.

Here's the feature list for Etios Liva 1.4 Diesel

EXTERIORS;

-Front Grille Body Colour

-Body Coloured Bumpers

-Body Coloured Door Handles

-B Pillar Black Out

-Intermittent Wiper

-Tubeless Tyres

-Full Wheel Caps

COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE

-Air Conditioner with Heater & Clean Air Filter

-Power Windows

-Electric Power Steering

-Central Locking

-Cooled Glove Box

-Front Cabin Lights

-Front Power Outlet (12V)

-Sporty Front Headrest

-Pillow Type Rear Headrest

-Tilt Steering

-Digital Tripmeter

-Speakers (4)

INTERIOR

-Internally Adjustable ORVM

-Fabric Upholstery

-3 Spoke Steering Wheel

-7 Bottle Holders (One Litre)

-Front Door Pockets

-Rear Door Pockets

-Day/Night Inside Rear View Mirror

-Driver - side Sunvisor

-Passenger - side Sunvisor with Mirror

-Assist Grip with Coat Hook (3)

-Remote Fuel Lid Opener

-Remote Tailgate Opener

SAFETY

-SRS Airbags (Optional)

-ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System)

-EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution)

-Immobiliser

-Keyless Entry

-Driver Seatbelt Warning (Optional)

-Door Ajar Warning

@sb;

3.6 lacs is a beginning price for Micra base Petrol.

Heard that 10k discount is also going on its Diesel variants also.

Liva there is looking attractive Nish!

Hope "T" tweaks it by Expo. I definitely want to see a Tacho. with the speedo.

Btw, would it make sense buying a Beat D now? Chevy. execs are after my life!smiley4.gif
BornFree2011-12-18 17:00:07

Beat D isnt bad, if you can live with the small boot and lacklusture driving manners. A big plus on styling, value and Maintenance Cost. But I guess cars like Liva and Micra are lot more practical. Consider it only if the top most variant turns out too cheap.

I actually Test-drove the Beat a couple of times, for the most part it was Ok. Apart from the fact that it runs out of steam on highways pretty early & engine sounds gruff.

Does the car really come good on maintenance costs? What's the long term story?

Liva there is looking attractive Nish!

Hope "T" tweaks it by Expo. I definitely want to see a Tacho. with the speedo.

?

Like Micra' date=' Liva is definitely growing up on people minds as it gets familiar, especially in White & Silver shades.

Btw, would it make sense buying a Beat D now? Chevy. execs are after my life!smiley4.gif

Beat D is a good car, but I didn't want to prefer it as of its 3-potter diesel engine & High price tag(Yes high, it Diesel top-end 'LT-O' variant retails at about 5.6 lacs INR) which is very close to Figo D TITANIUM.

Its much better built than Figo & is having more fineese into it too, but overall I'd prefer Ritz VDi ABS(5.6 lacs) or Nissan Micra dCi XV(base) instead of it.

The latter shares its USP of 'being the frugal' with the Beat D.

LIVA is out of picture currently due to its well known shortcomings.

Remember the JULY 2010 issue (spare parts survey issue- Chevy sail cover story)

These are some of the total cost of all spares

1. Beat petrol - Rs 44567 Petrol

2. Punto diesel - Rs 56310

3. Figo Diesel - Rs 46088

4. i20 Diesel - Rs 58328

5. Swift Diesel(old)- Rs 48229

6. Ritz diesel - Rs 43296 cheapest

7. Fabia Diesel- 71392

8. Polo Diesel - 64881

9. Indica Vista D - Rs 56867

If Beat petrol spares are costlier than Ritz D, then I doubt if after 3 years, beat D maintenance will be cheaper. Just thought of sharing and reminding.

Remember the JULY 2010 issue (spare parts survey issue- Chevy sail cover story)

If Beat petrol spares are costlier than Ritz D' date=' then I doubt if after 3 years, beat D maintenance will be cheaper. Just thought of sharing and reminding.
[/quote']

Plus it is way TOO noisy. I Test Drove it personally. but felt dis hearten after hearing its sound

For me, after almost An year of endless waiting, which passed just like a second, now these upcoming 18 days are looking like a centuries to wait.. smiley24.gif

Expecting this Auto Expo to bring some Showers for us(me & BF).

To be on a safer side, I would rather choose a car which is new, yet there in the market long enough for some discounts and proper ownership reviews, than a completely new car.

BTW Micra diesel is also on discount.