BonFre

Search ended with India's highest selling car (pg11)

Starts from 4.6L for diesel.

Impossible..

Are you kiding dude !!

IMHO, You're guessing it w.r.t the base Petrol version price of 3.6 lacs.

But In reality the picture is different,

Its base version XV Diesel is priced at 5.72 lacs;

& its top end XV Premium retails at 6.17 lacs only.

(Ex-Showroom, Delhi)

While it can vary from state to state, due to differential state tax structure.dr_nishu2011-12-24 19:29:57

@Nishu :

Actually these are not ex showroom prices. The only Nissan dealer is giving 40k off + 20k exchange benefit + insurance free + 15k accessories on the diesel. So in the advertisement it says comes down to 4.67L . May be I should post the newspaper ad like I used to. smiley1.gif

Actually these are not ex showroom prices.

The only Nissan dealer is giving 40k off + 20k exchange benefit + insurance free + 15k accessories on the diesel. So in the advertisement it says comes down to 4.67L . May be I should post the newspaper ad like I used to. smiley1.gif

Yes, definitely It would be better if you can share that pic.

As In North region(upto Delhi), Micra Diesel is next best selling Diesel hatchback here after Swift & Figo D.

At my place Micra D XV & XV Premium costs 5.80 lacs & 6.24 lacs ex-showroom respectively without any discounts prevailing.

However, any Corporate employee can stretch it for 8-10k discount or equal valued freebies, Nothing else.

Also, from 1st Jan12, 2-3% price increase for Nissan cars is on cards.

Strange that Kolkata's exclusive Nissan dealer is offering so much & If this is true then Me & BF are flying to Kolkata for Micras to save 1.5 lacs on Micra Diesel.

On the lighter note, Will meet you also on the same trip. smiley4.gif

Hope BF is also reading our these posts.

Yeah !! what an idea sirjee !! Yes, I will upload it soon,

On a lighter note, do not forget that it is an exchange offer. By any chance you come by air or train, they might take that airbus or the train for the Micra. smiley2.gif

On a lighter note' date=' do not forget that it is an exchange offer. By any chance you come by air or train, they might take that airbus or the train for the Micra. smiley2.gif

[/quote']

lol..smiley36.gif

You took it too seriously dude !

For the exchange of Airbus, whole Nissan showroom can be purchased, else deduct 20k(exchange bonus) from Discount price i.e: I don't mind Micra D at 4.8 lacs instead of 4.6 lacs.

smiley2.gif

@BF;

Btw, Today ACI have shared Test Drive review of Renault Pulse dCi & mentioned its Price at Rs.6.17 lacs(ex-showroom, Delhi) for the top-end variant they featured, which is pretty close to the Micra's top-end diesel variant. Read it out at Renault Pulse, as it seems to be a pretty good option for Premium Diesel hatchback seekers.dr_nishu2011-12-26 17:06:08

*Imp. update*  With the news of bumping up prices/tax/duty on diesel cars soon, Im a man in a hurry to finalize my purchase.

For those who missed, the contenders as of today stand as: MICRA, PUNTO, VISTA, LIVA, FIGO. SWIFT is out because its relatively difficult to procure one.

Have embarked on a cut-out mission. This is the only way I could devise in order to reach a conclusion. Know its carnage & I love all the cars but...here goes:

Stricken out LIVA. Could not live with its cost-cutting, absence of tacho, high NVH, drab interiors. So much so, I had to prematurely cut short the TD as I wa so damn pissed with the vehicle. What was Toyota thinking, the hatch game has moved forward, much-much forward!

2nd victim, sadly the PUNTO. Blame the utterly high NVH, pathetically slow pick-up, restricted leg-room & a host of other things. To be precise Im still concerned about Fiat's after sales/spares/niggles.

Surprise entry: VISTA. TD was an eye-opener, how much has the car improved! I was pretty much floored, almost finalized on this!

Where to start, great space, airy, low NVH, good pick-up, nice gearbox, compatible Ride & Hnadling, etc. Fly in the ointment continues to be my fear of Tata's long term reliability/quality, after sales.

I would have to say, Vista's TD opened my eyes to a big extent. Still to be tested are Micra & Figo, expect this soon.

Please give your inputs fellows...

Indica Vista looks good after delivery and looks old after the first week of use. And rattles develop even before first service.

From Vista, you can expect these -ve s

1. Body colour fading

2. Dash board fading in patches

3. Rattling

4. Swirl marks all over the rear black plastic part (with rear wiper). I have seen a showroom car with ugly swirl marks.

5. The plastic covering the wheel arch is sure to come off after 5k kms. It will either loosen and fall or break.

Thanks Sb for those inputs. I actually don't know much about Vista because it was never on my radar earlier so never bothered to read/listen to any reviews.

On the -ves. you stated, it sounds bad that a car starts to age so fast. Btw Rattling of all would be the biggest nuisance for me.

Please do add whatever more you know about the car...

When is the new Dzire coming? I guess everything is ready. Will they accept a booking now and may be deliver the first one to yousmiley1.gif. Might end up getting the new dzire faster than swift.

About Indica, the main problem that gets visible is the premature paint fade and the ugly paint quality, including blotches and rusts. The next visible thing is the spoiled dash. The plastic becomes sticky and becomes a dirt magnet. The surface gets oily and leaves permanent stains. This is a common tata problem.

Other niggles remain, and service is not good either, still one lucky owner can get away with these factors, but not aging

Dzire launch is on 1st Feb I guess. Yes the car could be booked for a faster delivery but Im more inclined towards a hatch for practical purposes.

I've heard this so many times that Tata cars don't age well. Some say if you maintian them nicely, they remain ok.

Niggles in Tata products are a big consideration.

Actually I suggested Shorter Dzire because it is less than 4m and almost a hatch. I felt it is more practical than swift with bigger boot.

Also I am not complaining about Vista altogether. It is a sheer value for what you pay, but ownership stories are mostly without a big smile.

Well, No skoda fabia or VW polo ?smiley36.gif

Haha...I don't wanna blow a big hole in my pocket everytime I visit an authorised Skoda/VW service station...

Guess I should wait for 1st Feb. for Dzire short boot to release!

Haha, BF..

A Moderator & a RC again in a same mould or a Dilemma.

If you're leaving Punto, then there's no point in considering a Vista D, as both of these cars share a common set of Pros & Cons, as afterall their parents are same i.e One is own child(Vista) & another is adopted(T:F 50:50 JV).

Punto is just an Vista with sorted out ride, handling & somewhat better Snob value.

I'm sorry to share but Vista will definitely ruin your Image & your children's aspirations for a good branded car.

Instead go for as you were earlier planned, A Micra dCi or A Swift D or a New Dzire(ZDi's only for ABS-equipped better brakes reason)

Dzire is still having a backlog of deliveries but the condition is still better than Swift & the pending orders are mere 40% as compared to Swift.

Enquire from all the nearby dealers & book it at the most appropriate one which gives the assurance of early delivery.

Else others are Money bashing options in both AfSS & Re-Sale values.

5. The plastic covering the wheel arch is sure to come off after 5k kms. It will either loosen and fall or break.

smiley3.gif

I guess, you're not talkin about Indica V2 !! dr_nishu2012-01-27 19:41:21

Yeah & what a dilemma!

I know the talk  of Vista among enthusiasts invites a couple of laughs but seriously I never even considered the car before I TD'ed it. Its pull/pick-up/kick is so addictive, you time & again pump the accelerator to experience that. Overall package appealed to me, space, comfort, drive, EF, etc. Spares & service ain't expensive either.

Both Punto & Vista are different as bread & butter, they do share a lot amongst themselves but this is not evident on drive. Both cars are totally different in character, Punto has slow pick-up, Vista just takes-off. Punto is cramped, Vista is roomy. The list could go on...

Im not too concerned on the "image" part & no kids on the horizon buddy! Swift was my 1st choice but the long waiting periods has forced me to look otherwise. Thankfully I've sidelined Liva, Punto, Beat, Polo, Ritz. Main battle between Vista, Micra & Figo now.

New Dzire could well turn out to be an impulsive plunge but then again all depends upon the delivery schedules. If Im not getting my car in Feb. itself, Im out of the hunt!

Even for once you've shortlisted Vista, then there's no point in bringing in Micra & Figo as;

-1.3 QjD Engine is much better than Nissan & Ford's.

-Interiors Space is brilliant.

-Interior Ambience is Pleasingly great.

-Safety & Driving comfort is Superb.

-Super cheap service(IIRC its Rs.2000-2600 only for a Paid service) and maintenance.

-Cheap spare parts & Initial price as Vista 1.3 VX costs 6 lac OTR.

-Better than New Swift in FE, Safety, Comfort & VFM fronts.

But the same set of gripes remain against Japanese or European rivals, like;

-Initial Niggles, though covered in Warranty but a Sore Irritant in Overall Peace of mind Ownership factor.

-Its finishing will last not more than a year.

-Panel gaps widens as you clock more & more miles.

-Mechanical parts(like Clutch, Steering wheel, etc) will develop too much free-play in Warranty period itself.

-Taxi-Image also plays a Spoilsport in the Ownership feel.

If still you're blown up by this baby-TATA, like me then go for it.

And the best option is to get rid of these cons is to Re-Sell the car 3-4 years after its purchase. dr_nishu2012-01-28 09:31:16

smiley3.gif

I guess' date=' you're not talkin about Indica V2 !! [/quote']

Oh no! Not that black thing. I actually meant the plastic which covers the wheel well(starting from mud flaps and ending near the front bumper). The cover over the wheel, not that cladding on the body. Vistas do not have that cladding.

@Bornfree

Figo, Beat and Micra are in safe hands. They will neither have delivery delays and prices did not rise by mountains. So the risk involved is with Swift, SDzire and Vista.

BTW, keep on bugging MS showrooms. You never know when a white VDi booked by someone came to showroom with recent cancel. Many people are cancelling swift bookings, this might be your lucky time.

With Vista I will be getting 4 yrs of Warranty, use the car for this time & then bye-bye!

I have previously owned a Ford & a Fiat, both have left a very bad taste. Never owned a Tata though, hopes not high too!

Nissan is in un-known waters still, dunno how its long term upkeep is gonna be.

Btw enquired from Maruti showroom about the new Dzire, the exec. said bookings are On & waiting is ~4-5months. So this one ruled out. Swift out of turn from cancellations is slim because premium payers are already in que.

Micra & Figo are last hopes, lets see which one excites or is it gonna be a Tata in the end!

Are Vista's spares available from outside market? If yes, like Maruti, its a big advantage.

I know Tata product is not in the same league as the International ones but they are improving by the day.

Btw, I will also check out Rapid. Maybe just for curosity sakes & Ritz too! I know Im sort of re-visiting the short-list!

Vista spares are cheaper than Indica V2, that is for sure. Moreover most of the components from old Vista are carried over and some new parts are borrowed from manza. So getting spares is not an issue. It might not match exactly after 5 years but design and size of spares should not change much.

For eg, if you see the Indica eV2 now, most of the spares are re modeled old parts. So an old Indica user (say with non clear tail lights) might not find the same one in case of loss, but can replace it with a new clear type new one of same size and design. This is true in case of my Alto too. Even new bumpers and lights are exact fit without any metal modification. Tata's also enjoy this part sharing these days.

So I guess you should not worry about availability of spares at least now.

sb-alto2012-01-29 09:53:40

Are Vista's spares available from outside market? If yes' date=' like Maruti, its a big advantage.

[/quote']

Even Genuine Parts(MGA) of Swift/Ritz onwards aren't available freely in the market. You may come across few of their frequently used parts in the market, like Brake pads, Engine Oils, etc but don't expect its Critical parts(including Engine) parts to be available in Market.

It doesn't make sense too, as If you'll get Extended 4th year warranty you can't get your car serviced or any Critical part repaired outside its ASC before this period's completion, as it'll void its warranty.

So, whether a TATA or Maruti or a Skoda, you'll have to buy its parts, get its Serviced at its ASC only, before its Warranty period completes.

@BornFree : If you have decided to go for Vista then I would say you would love it everytime you would take it out on road as when I TD it in Nov 2011, I was sure that I would take Vx for sure but right now the plans are ON & on hold.

However, I would like you to please check the A/C effectiveness. I am not sure which part of India are you in but in NCR it really gets hot at 44 degree celcius so my buying decision would be closed on the performance of A/C for sure.

Good luck and do share you experience of buying a Vista (if you would do buy).
Sstar2012-01-30 22:33:08

*Update*: TD'ed quite a few cars today:

Micra:-

Driver seat legroom & position - check

pick-up - check

feature laoded -check

Ride - check

Price - un-check

Sunny:-

Legroom - check

pick-up - check

Ride - check

Price - un-check

XUV-5OO:-

Space - check

Interiors - check

pick-up - check

Ride - check

Front looks - un-check

Rapid:-

Looks - check

Full TD to follow.

This was a small gist of things, Im totally confused as of now, more cars = more confusion.smiley5.gif

Thinking of booking XUV but un-decided! S.E. said paid service costs 3500/- & period is 5k kms.

For Micra paid service costs 3.5k & Sunny = 4k. Interval 10k kms.

Rapid - servie cost = 6k, 15k kms. All figures as told by sales execs.

Guys is there any other car left to consider!

P.S: Vista has taken a backseat now!smiley1.gif

Thread Title edited.
BornFree2012-01-31 14:49:57

Yes! A lot left ... May be you should give a visit to SHREYANS smiley36.gif

On a serious note:

1. If Vista , why no Manza ?

2. Fiesta Classic ??

3. Optra Magnum D ? (Prices are all time low I guess)

4. SX4 D ?