BonFre

Search ended with India's highest selling car (pg11)

Sb' date=' thnakfully Fiesta Classic, Optra, SX4, Manza are not on my mind. Already crossed out.

Though I can include Vento, new Accent.
[/quote']

New Accent?? When did it arrive? I am totally unaware ... poor me smiley12.gif

New Accent?? When did it arrive? I am totally unaware ... poor me smiley12.gif

My bad' date=' new Verna!smiley18.gif
[/quote']

ah...i see now. I must say you are juggling among lots of options. I just wonder you close the deal soon so that I can get some idea from you as well :)
Sstar2012-02-01 19:08:12

"Affection towards Micra", not really! 1st choice was Swift, un-availability made me look at other options. Out of the others Punto, Vista, Liva, etc. have been ruled out due ot various reasons already stated. Now the choice remains between Micra & Figo. Micra scores more on account of being new & loaded.

Scuttling of segments took me to Rapid & Sunny. Both are great cars, specially Rapid, simply loved it. Sunny is a bit plain jane.

In the meantime XUV draw thing came. Though I was keen but as its known, one should wait for sometime for MM products to settle down.

Now some people have suggested me try i20 & new Verna. I wasn't keen on i20 because heard a new/upgraded model is around the corner. Don't know when its gonna come! Will try Verna today, btw which Verna D variant to buy - 1.4L or 1.6L ?

Then Innova also entered the arena, still hanging balance! Now news of upgraded Xylo is doing rounds, my old flame Scorpio is also not far from the horizon. Can't get easier & more confusing than this!

@BF

To increase confusion, you also have Ertiga in March, Renault Duster and some Chevy Sail goodness coming in July approaching rapidly.

i20 Facelift is expected in August-Septemeber, just before the festive season. Expect a waiting of around four months for Verna. I think only diesel sedans you can get quickly would be Fiesta and Linea.

If you are looking at Rapid, what about Fabia if you dont mind the 3 cylinder engine. You might be able to get it quickly.

Mahindra products need to settle. One settled product's facelift is coming soon on 8th February. You can think of it, but it may be too big for your needs.

I suggest you close the deal quickly, as if the government infact outs the 80k tax on diesel vehicles you will have to start the thought process all over again

@R1,  thanks for increasing the confusion! Yes Ertiga was very much within the plans but March launch could make it fall into the price rise trap. What say?

Duster again is coming later in the year, if new policy comes, whole maths would have to be done again.

No Fabia because of 3-potter. Even Linea has been struck out. Among this category its Rapid vs Sunny. Verna because of long waiting is again out.

Yes I will look at the updated Xylo on Feb 8. Then it could be between Xylo & Innova. Toyota is quoting a 2 month waiting period for Innova too!

For die hard Swift fan, instead of compromising with other products, isn't it better to get swift/d-zire by paying some premium. Whatever premium you will pay will be offset in resale value of other product. What say? All the best.

@nikvinkt

Paying a premium always leaves a bad taste. And I don't think BF is compromising. He is ready to stretch his bidget for quality cars which Rapid and Innova are.

@BF

As I had said earlier, keep in ouch with the dealer. Be ready to book as soon as booking starts (rumored March 10).

We will know whether the tax is coming on February 26. So if you can hold off the decision till then it would be good. However do note that you may have to compromise then.

guys does the tax implications apply to sedan as well?

I mean if I understood well putting 80k tax on small diesel car will make them expensive as sedans...so wouldn't it be more sensible to buy diesel sedan since sedans are already have 22 % duty?

Totally confused! Now split between Pulse, Beat, Scorp & Rapid!

Most probably Rapid will see the door due to Skodas a.s.s. stories. Figo will be tested tomorrow.

Pulse & Beat are promising. As always an SUV(Scorp) might steal the march.

I don't want to spend extra after the said price rise but also want to wait for Ertiga, Eco-sport & Duster. Maybe Storm too.

A friend of mine is finalizing Liva, I hope I don't get carried away!

Thread title edited.

Most probably Rapid will see the door due to Skodas a.s.s. stories.

Yes' date=' these're actually getting very famous even Nowadays.

Even Rich to rich Skoda owners are scared of its Service visits & according to most of them a Casual visit to Skoda ASC costs roughly 15k everytime without Including any major part replacement.

Figo will be tested tomorrow.

Yes, still a Hot favourite of every Indian Diesel hatchback buyer.?Even I'm planning to have an another look at it.

But Beware of its Frequently scraping Low Rear section.

Pulse & Beat are promising.

Avoid Pulse as it lacks the very basic & most Important Safety feature i.e ABS.

So' date=' don't even think to buy it, especially if you're having even a bit of Highway usage in it.

?
I don't want to spend extra after the said price rise but also want to wait for Ertiga, Eco-sport & Duster. Maybe Storm too.

?

But Beware of 10% proposed Price hike for Diesel cars, which is going to be Imposed very soon.

A friend of mine is finalizing Liva' date=' I hope I don't get carried away!
[/quote']

Seriously an option to consider, If you don't bother about missing Tacho, Rear Defogger, Rear Wash-Wipe & can live with Bare-basic Interiors. dr_nishu2012-02-24 16:58:40

Yes guess I will do good staying away from Skoda. As a product, Rapid is a very good car.

During my earlier TD's Figo did scrape a couple of times but I shall be using the car over paved roads mostly, a few scrapes here & there won't matter much. Even Fords a.s.s is no great shakes & that's a bigger concern for me.

Im totally for ABS but Pulse's braking is ok. TD experience was impressive. I could overlook the absence of ABS here.

Regarding Liva, Tacho is something I cannot dream to live without but if I buy this car, will get an after-market one. Waiting period is ~1 month.

10%  hike news is scary but on the brighter side don't want to be stuck with a car which I don't like much. From the present breed Im finding it exceedingly difficult to make up mind.

Beat could well turn out to be the impulsive dark horse!

Seriously an option to consider' date=' If you don't bother about missing Tacho, Rear Defogger, Rear Wash-Wipe & can live with Bare-basic Interiors. [/quote']

Also the fact, that Liva is a made for India product without any basic crash worthy test. No Euro NCAP here. The build quality isnt like what a toyota should be. Even the top variant has too much cost cutting measures.

Scorpio is showing age now.

@BornFree

It will be difficult and confusing to narrow on one car if all segments are considered. smiley11.gif

@BornFree.

Just to toss the coin here...Why not Ritz Vdi (ABS)? After all it has many of the features that you want. I mean engine is same as swift (or would be same in future), Techo, good A.S.S...etc...etc.
Sstar2012-02-24 20:02:41

@BF

Ertiga launch is very near. Today I spotted 3 Ertigs early in the morning entering Maruti Service Masters (Maruti's JV service centers). May be for service training.The base LDI with ABS should very much be on your cards. You will have to book it as soon as the booking opens because we all know how well it is going to sell.

Before that only look for the cars immediately available because of the budget.

Also did you have a look at the new Xylo. Looks really good, and you must TD it too.

@Sb, guess Liva should be a safe car w.r.t. to crash worthiness. Not sure about the safety kit(ABS, Airbags) presence but this car must be based on some old Toyotas platform. If new, expect high tensile steal, absorbent chassis, etc.

@Star, did not like Ritz's looks & the central gear lever consol fouls with my left knee. Heard an updated Ritz is expected soon, lets see if its able ot change some perceptions!

@R1, do let me know whenever bookings for Ertiga start. What are your expectations for deliveries after booking?

I read the thread from the beginning again and all I can see is that you want to make the best possible decision for your new ride but waiting is not the option IMHO ,you have waited long enough .

I think the car you want is the Swift but the waiting period is turn off which I can understand . You need a FTD car and Micra or the Pulse will never give you joy driving them because the engine don't have pleanty power nor does the suspension so that you could take spirited corners . The best option is to buy a 90hp punto and get a RD box .

Of the sedan I would strongly recommand the Rapid just because it is cheaper than the Vento and also because the AMC and extended warrenty will keep you happy for 4 years . The general service cost is 8k for 15k km / annum .

The XUV 5OO is great vehicle but are you ready to shell out 15 lakhs and then visit the ASS for sensor failure or software glitches (I would buy the W6 if available in AWD) .

Also don't wait for the new i20 CRDI because Hyundai will not make it any stiffer (may be increase AC compressor to 110cc) .

The Ertiga looks promising but do you need a people mover which when full cannot keep their luggage ?

Thanks rssh, that was very helpful. Im kind off finalizing on Liva.

After Swift, only "T" can offer similar a.s.s. experience.

Will get aftermarket tacho. later.

Thread title edited.
BornFree2012-02-25 15:37:10

@BF

I recommend you test Liva at high speeds too, because noice insulation is supposed to be a prominent issue in Liva.

Also since you are settling down, wouldnt it be better to go for Ritz, whose looks will grow on you, than to go with a car, whose quality has been regularly questioned.

Anyways, regarding Ertiga, quite a few of the sources point to a March 15 date they start booking.

Thanks rssh' date=' that was very helpful. Im kind off finalizing on Liva.

After Swift, only "T" can offer similar a.s.s. experience.

?

Will get aftermarket tacho. later.

?

?

?

Thread title edited.
[/quote'] That's a safe buy . You already own a 'T'. So, must be aware of its goods and bad's'. Awaiting your detailed ownership report. I saw a Liva with alloys and vermillian red colour. Might be top model. Looks smashing. BTW which color you are thinking of.

Think twice if not twenty time before you leap to LIVA. one of my friend having it and he regrets for poor interior, poor insulation. Top of the head Toyota dealer Staff having an attitude while you talk about liva D seems not interested to promote the product.