BonFre

Search ended with India's highest selling car (pg11)

@R1, yes Noise at high revvs is intruding. The problem is that Swift is not available & Micra being new is tricky. Beat is 3 cyls. With Vista & Punto there are a.s.s & reliablity issues. Figo sits too low & is old.

Not left with much choice!

Ritz shape & front leg room are a downer for me.

If Ertigas booking starts by 15th March, deliveries would follow by April, that would potentially mean raised prices.

@Ash, yes Liva would be a safe buy. Im not 100% decided but pretty close.

Color choice would be White or Silver.
BornFree2012-02-25 17:16:23

Liva is good car if not great . The car suit nicely in the city and the extra width make it spacious . To reduce noise I would recommend you to get michlein primacy LC tyres and get the 3M under body coating done right after delivery ,this will greatly reduce noise . Also if you want to go for the next step then get good damping done on the doors . Best of Luck!

Thanks rssh, yes the car has good space & ride is cosetting. Noise sure is on the higher side. There are so many hatches in the segment but none fulfilled the requirements for me. As I siad Im not 100% decided yet...!

@BF: I think you can also add the new Dzire to the list, it looks attractive and it's not bigger than a hatch and under 4 metres. That boot looks like a sawn off shot gun. Very sexy and very unlike the outgoing dzire which had a boot looking like a duck's behind.Durango Dude2012-02-26 06:54:58

@DD I don't think that he would like to wait for the Dzire because he likes the Swift better .

@BF The liva is a good allrounder just test drive it in the city in peak traffic to see if you can get adjusted to it . The only other wide bodied hatchback are the Vista and the i20 . Why not do a shoot out between the 3 of them and see which one is more comfortable for you.

@DD, already ruled out Dzire. Looks did not strike with me.

@rssh, TD'ed Liva today, its an ok car with shortcomings but nothing that could stop one from buying it.

Vista ruled out & so is i20, had a new i20 made an entry by now, I could have evaluated.

P.S: Whihc color to choose in Liva; Silver or White?
BornFree2012-02-26 13:25:41

@rssh' date=' TD'ed Liva today, its an ok car with shortcomings but nothing that could stop one from buying it.[/quote'] That's the USP of this car. It has bigger boot space and rear seat legroom compare to swift. One more point Toyota people has the right attitude. While searching for a car last year i had very good experience with them. Though i told i am not interested in etios they kept on calling and asking me to test drive. So i feel that they won't let you down for aftersales also.

Which color to choose in Liva; Silver or White?
Both looks good on this car. Though White is the safest buy and easy to maintain. Didn't you tried the Ultramarine Blue. Liva looks so beautiful in this colour.

@Ash, Yes the car appealed to my head. In comparison Swift looks over-priced & the long waiting period is a big turn-off. Marutis ace is the superb after sales/spares, if this is a priority then Toyota follows closest.

Both Micra & Pulse are good cars too but Nissan being new & somewhat girlish looks made me look elsewhere.

Punto, Vista were dismissed on account of niggles & a.s.s.

Beat is great too but I don't want to experiment with 3 cyl. Diesel.

Figo is a tough contender but older platform, Ford's a.s.s, low stance did not cut for me.

Ritz looks are not to my liking & an updated i20 is around the corner. So wasn't left with much choice. This is where "T" entered the arena!

Im keen on light shades, is Ultra-marine Silver the dark-Blue shade? A friend of mine got a Silver Liva delivered today, looked good.

@BF

Dont go for Silver. There is a silver Etios Sedan in our building. But the colour has gotten quite dull.

It would be better to go for White.

Regarding Ertiga, Maruti should provide some immunity for that. Ask the dealers what is the provision for Swift, if tax is implemented and the delivery is after that.

@R1,  My 1st choice was White too but similar to your comments, the manager said that White would loose its sheen & show up yellowish patches! Then my friend opted Silver, the car looked good.

Guess there's gonna be no immunity against price rise. Remember, on the bookings form also, companies clearly mention: Prices at the time of delivery will be charged.

keen on light shades' date=' is Ultra-marine Silver the dark-Blue shade? A friend of mine got a Silver Liva delivered today, looked good.
[/quote'] Yes its dark blue. We have two dezire in our colony one beige bought after my white polo. Looks dull as 3 year old car. Another is bought yesterday(its silver) , it looks dull like bought last year. So white is the best choice. This color lasts longer and scraches also doesn't look prominent on this color. As far as white color getting yellowish is concerned that depends on upkeep.

yes Liva would be a safe buy. Im not 100% decided but pretty close.

Color choice would be White or Silver.

70% of the job is done, If you've narrowed down to LIVA D.

Its my 2nd option/consideration at the moment now but anyhow it doesn't satisfy my ego & desires for my next car, that's why I'm skipping it.

But even then I've plans in my mind to upkeep the LIVA G-D with the present competition, like:

-Stanley leather Upholstery with Leather Insert door trims.

-Toyota Genuine Chrome Rings for AC Vents(Rs.1100 only).

-Toyota Genuine Fog Lamps(Rs.3300 only).

-Toyota OEM Music System, though its a bit downmarket(in both looks & Audio quality) as against After-Market ones but as I prefer factory finish for my products so OEM one is my choice.

-A Set of Gorgeous Chrome Alloys or OEM Etios Alloy wheels.

-Original Defogger for its Rear Tail-Gate(easily a possible fit).

Regarding colour Both Silver & White suits to LIVA but considering the Trend & Pros, White is the better option to consider but Please note, Metallic Shade has better lusture & are more Rust resistant than Non-Metallic shades.

@BF

The form says that, but look at how Mahindra raised the price of XUV. It bore 50% of the extra cost for those who had already booked. They will have to as due to knww jerk reaction, there will be mass cancellation if diesel cars!

Is the Liva available for ready delivery? If yes, postpone the decision to March 16, booking of Ertiga will open and the budget would have been announced.

@ash, I have a Black car & believe me I find the upkeep difficult. So narrowing on a lighter shade now. How does a Biege Liva look?

@Nish,  may I ask, whihc is your 1st choice?

Regarding accessories for Liva, I might get: (O.E.)

- Fog Lamps

- Defogger

- Antenna(yes that's not available with the car)

Non OE:

- Stereo

- Alloys

- Seat covers

For color, Im split between White & Silver!

@R1, MM raised prices of XUV but hike now is going to come from Govt. in form of taxes, companies will go fo all-out raise. A deadline has to be met, so Im not optimistic there. Note that Liva is not available readily, Im able to source it for now. As the budget time approaches, delivery periods will stretch due to demand.

@ash' date=' I have a Black car & believe me I find the upkeep difficult. So narrowing on a lighter shade now. How does a Biege Liva look?

[/quote'] I have seen biege one. Though its very subjective to like or dislike. But i found that this color doesn't add to the exitement of a viewer like the Blue does. Meant to say that a specific car looks better in some specific color which adds to its style and character. My choice of color for LIVA is

1. White

2. Ultra marine blue

3. Vermilion Red

This is based on my observation on LIVA ,i saw on road. Actually these first two colors changed my whole perception about LIVA, i had earlier.

One more thing while browsing the Liva website i found that they have put a classic collection of accessories like crome accent around gear knob base etc. I feel that Liva looks very good with multi spoke alloy wheels. So don't skeep having one either OEM or aftermarket. Also i heard that now liva comes with all black interior(website also displays black interior) which gave it more executive and upmarket look than earlier color. Be careful in choosing color for seat covers. It adds a lot to interior beauty. Try Beige/Black with a little black/white on it.

@BF: Dont go for Silver. There is a silver Etios Sedan in our building. But the colour has gotten quite dull.It would be better to go for White.

I disagree, I have had silver for 6 years now, sure it may look dull, but hides scratches like none other. But agree with white. I have seen a White Etios and looks very good.

@BF: How did you turn around to buy a Toyota again? You had some strong opinions about Toyota's brakes.

@Ash,  Saw Beige up close, did not like it much. Its a darker shade, had it been a little lighter, would have looked good. So, White it is till now.

Regarding accessories, things on my mind would be:

-Rear defogger

-ICE

-Seat covers

-Mats

-Mud flaps.

Alloys & wooden/chrome inserts may come later.

Btw, which color seat covers to go in for on a White car?

Also should I opt for carpet mats or rubber or both, one over other?

@DD, tough choice this time around. Yes my experience with Toyota brakes has been less than stellar but this car comes with ABS. A bigget factor tilting scales in its favour is a so-so competition. I mean I was unable to pick anything up from what the competition offers! My first choice was Swift but can't wait for soooo long. Factor in its favour was "M", what comes next to "M" is "T"(pun-un-intended) & so the choice!

I would recommend white just because it will suit the alloys better if you would take a contrast colour for the alloys (like subaru gold kind of) . Also don't install seat covers in the new car . Let them wear out in a couple of years then get new seat covers if you are happy with the fabric OE ones .

@BornFree

1. Wood inserts do not gel well. I suggest keep it simple and neat. (You might try sparco gear knob to replace that red ball )

2. Steel grey with black inserts for seat covers. (Art leather). Since your car will have tints (preferably black), color of seat covers will not be visible. Steel grey and black because dirtiness and stains are least visible.

I suggest seat covers from day 1, because fabric once spoiled will look bad and removing stains from fabric is not that easy.  ( Ovion ,Gsport and Autokame are preferable brands)

3. For alloys, I will suggest to wait a bit. Buying in a haste often results in bad buy since it is a matter of design and taste. Search the world to find the best one according to choice. Let the steel rims take the toil for sometime.

4. Same suggestion for ICE, take your time to find the right thing at the right price. (unless some already done extensive researchsmiley1.gif)

5. Mudflaps, the integrated ones look good (although not too effective). The problem with flexible mudflaps which are screwed to the wheel cladding, are

a) Gets loose with use

B) Becomes hard and break

c) Rusty screws become tough to open.

6. For floor mats, I suggest go for 100% covering PVC mats. Big rolls are available in many colours. Pick one and buy more than the floor area. Get seats removed in an accessory shop (when installing seat covers) and cut those mat according to shape. On top of that keep piece rubber mats.

Advantages of PVC mats

1. Water proof

2. Serious dirt collector

3. Cleaning is easy

4. Good sound insulation

5. Anti slip.

6. Does not fade

7. Does not ruin under carpet.

sb-alto2012-02-27 15:00:40

Steel grey with black inserts for seat covers. (Art leather). Since your car will have tints (preferably black)' date=' color of seat covers will not be visible. Steel grey and black because dirtiness and stains are least visible.
( Ovion ,Gsport and Autokame are preferable brands)
For alloys, I will suggest to wait a bit.
Same suggestion for ICE,
Mudflaps For floor mats, I suggest go for 100% covering PVC mat[/quote']

Almost missed this post, thanks Sb for a detailed note on Accessories.

Leather/art leather seat covers look good but may not go well with the weather up North, it gets sizzling hot in summers. Agree that darker shades would be better, will go with grey scheme of interiors too. What are "inserts"?

Yes no alloys in the begining.

No research as such for an ICE, will take help from Audio gurus on the Board.

Mudflaps a must, lets see what Toyota offer.

Your suggestions on mats useful but I won't cover entire carpet, may use thin rubber/PVC mats over carpeted ones.

Thread title edited: Since we have a consensus on color, its time to progress to Accessories & Delivery checklist.
BornFree2012-02-27 15:34:49

@BF;

You can get SILVER in month around time but for White, you need to hunt at multiple Toyota Dealerships.

But waiting for White was around 3-4 months, when I enquired about it in Jan12, while other colours like Blue or Beige were readily available(or within few days) then.

But atleast V-Spec variant was my demand of moment then.

@Bornfree

46m6M.jpg

Image of carpet mat of my polo for reference. Available in Beige/Black/transparent color. Costed me 1250 only which covers fr./Rr. and boot. Comes with velcro which sticks firmly with the carpet. Easy to clean and maintain.