BonFre

Search ended with India's highest selling car (pg11)

By inserts I meant two things. Stitches of different colour tones on the seat and second is the coloured door panels. While that red looks whako, grey looks dull.

I can understand the weather part. Genuine leather is super costly and fabric gets spoiled too soon. (I know a friend who screwed the fabric on the day of PUJA, spilling coconut water, mustard oil and a bit of sindoor).

If hot weather is an issue, then go for premium sun control films.(Vkool)

Just one mat often spoils exposed soft carpets. (like the thin hump on the rear )

How about 3D kagu mats ? smiley4.gif

Fog lamps is a must for Delhi/Punjab fog. Get  rear fogs too if possible.

A stitched steering cover is also essential if not provided.

sb-alto2012-02-27 15:45:14

@Ash, those mats are pretty interesting. looks like rubber/pvc but is it really fabric material? Velcro thing useful.

@Sb, Would avoid door trims for now.

Yup, seat covers save the original underneath but then what'd their use!

Hot weather is a big issue, sun films are banned. So, will have to opt for seat covers that remain cool both fabric & color wise but at the same time not too darn light.

Again mats are very useful but whole exercise won't be to save original ones. They would also wear as the car does. Interestingly the little hump in Liva is really "little", middle passenger on rear can get comfy! Tell me more about 3D kagu...

Opting for Fogs(front). Rear installation in rear lights?

No steering cover for now.

@Nish, now that waiting for deliveries may just put mud on plans! Also I would opt for base GD variant.

BornFree2012-02-27 16:06:49

I will add two more :

1. Anti rust coating.

2. Door side protection strips OE (with chrome)

3. Yes rear fogs too. (if provision is there)

Also do check out these photos

etios1.jpg

etios2.jpg

etios4.jpg

etios5.jpg

sb-alto2012-02-27 16:29:29

Go for 3D kagu mats because they are shaped in 3dimension so the dirt collected will not get spilled on the carpets . They are expensive but well worth it (around 4k) .

The front fog is a good buy because no one like the hole in the bumper also also because one can always run them with parking lamp at dusk time in the city .

For music system tell me your budget and then accordingly I can suggest you a system . Also please get c drive or primacy LC tyres because the poor NVH in liva will really put you off if you frequently drive on cement roads . Get 3M underbody coating as well.

Also first use the OE seats for a few weeks then decide in what areas you need extra padding so that the new seat cover guy could install some extra foam also with new cover. 

Also the second choice of colour would be blue for me because that colour suits the liva well and it looks sporty.

Sb, Two tone seat covers would surely look sporty. Will choose a  matching scheme.

Rubber/PVS mats are good but won't feet slip over these, specially drivers? & are these put over fabric mats or directly over carpet?

rssh, Will check out "3d kagu" mats.

ICE recommendations after delivery(if at all)!

You are right about these OE mats. They become slippery in wet conditions. The normal studded ones available in big bazzar or spencers are way better. 3D mats are expensive, but looks damn good. BTW most mats have velcro at the bottom to prevent mat slips.

Once again, OE fogs are more fancy than effective. The fog lamp size is universal, so you can get good H3 fogs from outside. Do have a check about their effectiveness at night before buying from toyota.

How expensive are the 3D mats? Dind't know about velcro becoming standard these days because not had to go scouting for mats since a long time!

Yes O.E. fogs are mere cosmetic effect but don't wan't to get work done from outside.

Would avoid door trims for now.

I'd advice you to go for Complete Upholstery' date=' especially if you're keen on Leather or Leather-like Seat Covers, etc.

A complete set will include everything like;

-Leather Seat Covers.

-Leather Door Trims.

-Leather Steering Wheel Grip Cover.

-Leather Gearshift knob cover.

The whole package for Genuine leather begins from 16-18k onwards. IMHO, Stanley range begins from 20k onwards.

One of my friend have done the Stanley job done in his Lancer & OMG, it was really brilliant & the best bit of that was Door trims with Dual Stiching all-around.

Yup, seat covers save the original underneath but then what'd their use!

As per my experience with my cars, Original Seat Covers are the Worst ones & are nothing but are just meant to Cover the foam underneath.

The Stock covers of ETIOS seats are really pathetic, even a Travel bag sold at the Roadside shop has better lining than it. smiley36.gif

?

Hot weather is a big issue' date=' sun films are banned. ASo, will have to opt for seat covers that remain cool both fabric & color wise but at the same time not too darn light.
[/quote']

IMHO, Sunfilms with VLT(Visible light Transmission) 70% are Permissible by the law. So, you can safely go for it but of good brands like 3M, Llumar, Vkool or Garware.

Fabric Door trims also play a good role in Reducing the Inner heating of the car.

Advantage & Disadvantage of Leather Upholstery is the same, as its gets Cooled & Heated very easily & quickly as soon as the AC is switched On or Off resp.

Again mats are very useful but whole exercise won't be to save original ones. They would also wear as the car does. Interestingly the little hump in Liva is really "little"' date=' middle passenger on rear can get comfy! Tell me more about 3D kagu...
[/quote']

What we've done in our Alto is the Double layered matting;

-Mats lying Immediately above OEM Carpet are Carpet fabric mats.

& to prevent getting them dirty or Wear out soon, we've keep another Mats of PVC, transparent in colour.

Result being: Clean, Dry & Good looking Interiors with Ambience of the Fabric all-around.

But definitely try to experiment something new in my upcoming New car.

Rear installation in rear lights?

Not possible that much easily & isn't either needed too.

?

No steering cover for now.

Depends upon the usage & choice.

@Nish' date=' now that waiting for deliveries may just put mud on plans! Also I would opt for base GD variant.

[/quote']

Top end GD with Airbags is still available but Base GD is even difficult to get early.

My Opinion: Go for Top-end GD, as Airbags are the demand of the moment regarding Safety, these days.

If White isn't available, then you can also opt for Silver GD also. Its equally good in looks & is having the advantage of being Metallic too.

My 8 years old Alto carpets also have velcro at the edges. Generally velcro is provided with full mats (not the 4 piece mats). I will try to take a pic of my mat and post it.

3D kagu are priced around 4-5k (as correctly said by rssh). But there are Indian 3D mats too, which are priced half. But fit and finish is definitely better in case of the imported ones.

Go for OE fogs then. I have figured out that there is an advantage of these 12v timid lamps. These are similar to the bulbs used in rear tail lamp cluster, so you can replace these bulbs with yellow ones in winter(fogs) or buy a pair of led tail bulbs and use it as DRL. (very cheap).

How is sun film banned there? AFAIK only road legal tints are allowed, but how can it be banned altogether ?

@BornFree

I have an Etios (G) Serene Bluish Silver petrol (purchased in Apr last year) and I had spent on below accessories (not in one go though). I hope you might find it useful.

OEM Accessories:

- Mud Flaps - Absolute necessity, mind you on top Etios/Liva variants the front or rear (don't know exactly which one) can't be fitted due to side skirts

- Floor/boot Mats (standard fabric one)

- Steering cover (grey/black)

- Gear knob (red one, now they have silver/grey also i think)

- Door side visor

- Fog lamps

- Chrome shift boot bezel, radiator grille, rear door lid garnish

After market accessories:

- 7" touch screen music system with bluetooth, sd card, aux etc connectivity for around 12k

- 2 rear Sony speakers for around 4800

- Reverse camera which gets connected to the music system screen for 1200

- Leatherite seat covers (black with little red lines) for 4k

- Smoky color plastic/pvc floor mats for around 750

- Antenna for 300

- 3M sun control film + anti glare film for wind screen for 3k

@BF

I had gotten transparent mats in Noida. Costed me 1.7k for Honda City. Completely satisfied with them. There are mats for each and every specific model, and be warned there may be shopkeeper trying to sell generic goods.

Also regarding 3D mats, I recommend you check this link

Get sunfilm from 3M or Llumar. Have heard good reviews on CR70.

And regarding seat covers, be careful while selecting Stanley. They and spillage are not the best of friends. Have seen a seat cover permanently stained because of a coke spill. It may be better going for no leather from brand like Autofoam.

BTW, sorry if I missed, which variant are you going for? I hope it is G-SP considering braking and other safety issues and the relatively small price of 30k for pretty big features.

@BF...I would say do not go for accessories & add-ons immediately after buying the new vehicle. As the more time you will spend in the car driving it, the more you will understand what exactly would be good for your needs and comfort.

However, things like mat, steering wheel cover, mud flaps are essential. I would say, if Toyota provided things are not up to the quality and reliability then buy them before you take the delivery of the car. As you would like to keep your new car clean from day one.

Good luck for the purchase...I guess you and I were in the same boat at some point of time...but I got off now :)
Sstar2012-02-28 19:46:15

Guys there a slight re-jig, Im again at the crossroads & split between Liva & Figo.

For Figo Im inclined towards Zxi model. Don't know what to choose!

On the sidelines, Innova has an outside chance.

Thread title edited.
BornFree2012-02-29 15:48:18

Guys there a slight re-jig' date=' Im again at the crossroads & split between Liva & Figo.

For Figo Im inclined towards Zxi model. Don't know what to choose!

On the sidelines, Innova has an outside chance.

[/quote']

From "Diesel to petrol" and from "no to Figo" to "perhaps Figo"? Is there any specific reason for this sudden change in your view?

No Sstar' date=' its Figo diesel. I may be mistaken on model name, could be Zdi! Wait a minute, Im sure its Zxi diesel. [/quote']

O yes....i understood now. Actually, I am eagerly waiting to drive my new Ritz Ldi which I will not be able to do before 10 April.

May be I am falling for her...so mistakely thought that Zxi is petrol by relating Ford variant with MSIL.
Sstar2012-02-29 16:03:30

@BornFree

I will vote for figo still, but do watch out for these things(or take another TD)

1. Weak headlamps (zxi will have fogs). If you have friends with figo, check headlamp efficiency at night. I was disappointed.

2. Ground clearance. Try to drive it over bad roads.

If you want the Figo go for the titanium varient because it has everything that one will want from a diesel hatch and you don't need to put any aftermarket accessories.

Zxi , as it should have that important Tacho, but Titanium will be the best betsmiley1.gif

Previously exi had tacho, but as someone pointed out, the new figo is minus tacho in Exi too.

Decrease accessory budget and go for titanium smiley17.gif

Figo looks good in White, dark grey, and red. If you have white in mind, go for it. Silver lacks the flair.

The Figo looks good with darker colours IMHO and the best colour is sea grey which matched perfectly well with the cars character and also the OE alloy wheels suit it well . If you can then go for the stretch for the Titanium otherwise the Zxi is a better VFM to Exi.

So guys Im back to square one! Ask how? Well many have been stricken out & what remains is: Figo, Sunny & Innova. I know these are across segments but this is how it is. I started with Hatches, went to Sedans & even evaluated MUV's. Budget has been pretty flexible as well, stretching from 5-10L.

When it comes to Figo, Im concerned about Ford's a.s.s, spare parts price & availability & reliability.

On Sunny its more about Nissan's a.s.s & spares costs. Reliability is unknown too.

With Innova, no such concerns. Just that I won't get that ultra-high FE.

Models Im keen on:

Figo Zxi, White

Sunny base, golden/beige.

Innova G with single A.C, P.S, P.W, C.L. White or Silver.

Till now Im more inclined towards Sunny...

P.S: Liva is history!

Thread title edited.

@Bornfree: The newest in these three is Sunny. Ample space - in cabin and boot. Safety features even in base ( i think I am 99% correct) and a segment higher then Figo.

It would be Best Buy i think so.
Sstar2012-03-02 18:11:28