BonFre

Search ended with India's highest selling car (pg11)

The union budget 2012 has opened whole new avenues for me! No frantic buying now & I shall be re-revisiting my requirements, needs, etc. with an all new perspective.

As an immediate effect, Im inclined towards Swift/Dzire & Innova. Happy to give a final goodbye to Liva, Punto, Figo, Rapid.

Will see the coming Ertiga for sure & maybe Duster if it arrives by May, not any later.

Thread title edited.
BornFree2012-03-16 11:47:39

@BF

I dont expect Maruti to prepone the launch of Ertiga. Its too late to do that. I think the bookings may have opened by now. If you are interested better book it before it also gets a 3 month waiting period. If you want more information check out the March ACI issue. Has Ertiga preview.

Asked local dealer Yesterday, as of now they are not taking booking for Ertiga. Could someone confirm the status at their respective locations...?

Btw what's the cars height, equal to Ritz or more?

That height seems ok, ingress-egress should be a breeze.

Could you dig a bit deeper & bring out the weight & width figures..?

I know the length, its ~400mm longer than the Swift.

Engine: 1.4 liter petrol / 1.3 liter Turbo Diesel

Power: 95PS @ 6000 rpm / 90 PS @ 4000 rpm

Torque: 130 NM @ 4000 rpm / 200 Nm @ 1750 rpm

Fuel efficiency: 16.02 kmpl / 20.77 kmpl

Length x Width x Height : 4265mm x 1695mm x 1685mm

Fuel efficiency : Diesel 20.77 and Petrol 16.02 Km per litre

This information is from the leaked Indonesia Ertiga brochure

Yup, in my opinion this is one vehicle that can dare say, what the Xylo tried but failed. "The era of Sedans is over"

And I am sure Toyota would be watching this space very closely, not because it threatens Innova, but because, it has a vehicle in this segment, known as Avanza which has long been rumored to come to Indian shoresrahul18102012-03-19 06:08:07

So we are back & with things changed, even more complicated. Of late my back problem has resurfaced & Im now looking for a supremely comfy car. Choices are: Super comfy Innova, Diesel rocket Cruze, middle of the road Verna, Mr. spacious Sunny, affordable Skoda Rapid & the good old well new now Swift. All in diesel avatars.

My Swift Zdi arrived at the dealership some days back but before that the back problem started. I was already considering Innova, almost finalized on it. Then thought of evaluating cars that fall in this price segment. Prior to this I never saw these cars.

For a start I TD'ed the Verna today. Its actually a pretty rounded product save for the Handling, over-servoed steering & highish price. Also noticed, the car crashes over sharp potholes. Never driven Cruze.

Innova appeals to me because of the seating comfort, ingress/egress it offers. I just walk in-out of the vehicle. Alright I will not be needing those 7-8 seats & penalized on FE but comfort just takes me back there!

On the models: Innova middle GX variant, Verna middle variant, Rapid top, Sunny any, Swift top.

On Swift Zdi I would spending ~7.5L & in just a couple more, I can get a bigger car from a category above. Also Im well passed the collage going age & hatches really don't appeal much. Swift is a great car but at the end of the day its a small hatch, I want to get something bigger.

Thread title edited.
BornFree2012-05-08 13:22:37

@bornfree

Great choice , INNOVA ,a toyota never loses its value., pale looks though.

PS: Parking is a bit of a trouble , if your back aches now your neck will later , even with all the gizmos you get today to park your car , there is just too much moving around by the driver to fit it into tight spots

Recently while looking for an automatic ride , i chanced upon an CRUZE Diesel Auto, but its way to expensive , so did left it alone.

VERNA : First thing that comes to my mind is 8-10 months waiting in delhi , that too with a 80K booking amount,and even longer waiting for an automatic...

SUNNY good on space but low on snob value,looks good only in bright colours.

RAPID : Mid Size car of the year (Diesel) : Nearly three months waiting if booked through their website , try going to the dealer instead.

Swift : Too small for you and endless waiting period.

PS : If you are from delhi and willing to sell your SWIFT ZDi booking , do PM me your quote.

Yeah parking the Innova will be a chore but I plan to install a reverse camera if I get that. The reverse camera on "V" variant does a good job.

Im able to source Verna as a ready delivery. For now atleast! Same for the Rapid too, almost reaily available.

I like the Swift but now Im thinking of getting something bigger! As a matter of principle, I will let my allotted car go to the next one in line, i.e. if I do not get it.

woo-hoo

you are living a dream , you seem to be an ADMINISTRATOR with these manufacturers also smiley2.gif

you have ready deliveries of practically all cars you like and here i am stuck with lakhs (Up untill recently 12.5L now close to 11L) locked up in booking amounts and no one even turns a blind eye towards me.

What are you doing right that we arent?

One thing that i have learnt is that if you go for a LOAN for your vehicle from the dealer you booked you car at , you are sure to get a car in a jiffy.

Tell me more WAYS TO GET YOUR CAR EARLY ...

If you like this, start it as a topic and with your initiation we all would get to know a few more tricks to get vehicles delivered early.

smiley2.gif

Does the reverse camera of the Innova , have guidelines ?

@BF;

Out of these I'd advice you to opt for Nissan Sunny diesel.

Its much more VFM than its rivals & is Nissan brand is having edge over other in terms of Goodwill too.

you have ready deliveries of practically all cars you like and here?i am?stuck with lakhs (Up untill recently 12.5L now close to 11L) locked up?in booking amounts and no one even turns a blind eye towards me.

Frankly speaking, I'm just literally hanged upon by this Maruti Suzuki fools. No one till now have Irritated & annoyed me so much, how they've done to me & from this case, I literally got the feel that I'm living in the 'World of Corruption'.

Else, I got Honda Activa within 2 months after booking to gift it to my sis, at the time where people have waited for more than 6-7 months.

And now the case is that,

-I'm getting Nissan Sunny(any variant, any colour) delivery on the same day.

-Skoda Rapid within 15 days.

-Hyundai Verna 1.6 & New Hyundai i20 CRDi(any variant) within 1 month with full advance payment in case of Cash & Down payment + Loan DO in case on Loan cases.

I'm not sure about the CRDi Automatic though.

If you're from Haryana or are having Domicile on Haryana, you can get the car sooner than in Delhi.

In short, the 'Waiting Period' is basically a vague term for a company but Is actually a Time lag between the Purcahse order at Dealer end & allotment of stock by the company. Nothing else.

So, actually it's only variable as per the queue dealers are having.

In our region, People are bigger fan of Maruti & Toyota diesels, so queue & Corruption is more for them as compared to others. So the scene varies as per the region & demands.

@BF

My choice from the above as I have previously mentioned would be Sunny. However what happened to Ertiga?

Verna may be a good choice, but have heard any stories of Hyundai diesels not aging well and increase of maintenance and labor costs.

Innova comfort can be easily gotten in cheaper easier to maneuvre cars like Sunny or the Ertiga using only 5 seats.

Another car to check, if you are looking to go ahead with Verna would be Fiesta, the enthusiasts diesel sedan. You may get some great deals on it too.

Also you will have Duster in July if you want to think on that.

Also you will have Duster in July if you want to think on that.

Are you sure about this ??

As I've heard that Duster is expected by September-Oct 2012.

Any concrete info is welcomed.

Called Mahindra Dealership today & as per them New face-lift Verito is expected by next upcoming 1.5-2 months & New Xylo CS is expected by End July 2012 or August beginning.

@dr_nishu

India made Duster is launching in the UK on 28th June. So my guess is they won't be delaying India launch that much. Also the Renault official had said in Auto Expo of late Q2 launch.

i have information from two sources , one says car is being tested in chennai and is soon to launch next few weeks , the other says , car will make a Diwali opening and just after that we will have , renaults new sedan, SCELA, i hope i got the name right

i say dont trust any source unless you see it at a showroom near you and in the variant you like,word has it that they will start with a petrol,then a diesel and then may be an auto,

dont get your hopes up yet.

@dr_nishu

"paaji , punjabian di shan wakhri , tusi loki jo chavo kar sakde oo"

i really like your take on WAITING PERIOD

In Delhi they have stopped issuing Temporary certificates ,for in demand cars , cars on which they have a waiting period and vice versa from other states

Domicile certificate does work and can get you a car easily in a state of low demand, the thing is that Delhi RTO could refuse its registration , happened to an acquaintance and then will have to live with a HR number.Also moving cars to other states is a big problem here  

In delhi they are aslo said to be introducing a new law where only , DL numbers could ply on roads , other States car will either have to pay extra for extended stay / usage .

What happens is in delhi we have cars from all over NCR where Registration cost differ drastically , sometime (quarter /half ) the cost of what we pay in delhi ,  

Those who buy cars from other places at cheaper Registration rates and use ther vehicles extensively in delhi would come under this ambit.

So its better to have a delhi number if you stay in delhi (UP , HR ) numbers a no no.

@Libran, Im getting delivery confirmations without trying/effort...!

@Nish, I can understand your frustation with Maruti. Case with me is a little different, Im able to source the car but not able to make up my mind!

Sunny as of now is there somewhere in my mind but not at the top. I was never a fan of Hyundais but Verna TD has changed things quite a bit. Not too keen on Vento/Rapid either, their a.s.s/costs, etc. keep me at bay.

@R1, well I tried Ertiga & like it too, could not spot any major -ves too. Exitement factor was missing though, it looks like a proper family car & that's what it is. I know Innova every bit is that too but its comfort is un-surpassed.

Sunny is very comfy too but the seating is low, not very but I found Innovas seating, ingress/egress really good. Fiesta is nowhere on the radar because of it being a sales dud & thus resale would be a disaster.

Duster looks appealing. Renault has to deliver in order to create a name, it still is in no-mans land.

Its tough deciding between - Swift, Sunny, Verna & Innova. Each has it major USP's, Swift makes the cut with most followed by Innova, Verna & Sunny. Verna is a backdoor entry here because never considered it earlier. Sunnys interiors are average, except the enormous space. I don't know how will I be able to decide, pretty tough...!

@BornFree

Out of the 4 shortlisted by you, my suggestion will be:

Innova -> Sunny -> Swift -> Verna

If you really need a 5+ seater then still nothing beats Innova. It's build to last a lifetime, probably more than it's owner.

Between Sunny/Verna, I prefer Sunny. Although i personally don't like Swift but yes it's been selling like anything so not much to say here.

@bf,

Why left R-tiga?

Its tall.

It will be FE.

Its front seats are super ERGONOMICAL

You can push back the rear seat and lean as much as you can when needed when others drive.

I too agree Innova is comfortable, but the R-tiga as a package with those front seats and reclining rear, its equally good.

I was never a fan of Hyundais but Verna TD has changed things quite a bit. Not too keen on Vento/Rapid either' date=' their a.s.s/costs, etc. keep me at bay.[/quote']

New Verna is desirable of them all, but it excels in none except its 1.6l, 128PS engine.

Its having;

-Average Dynamics.

-Floating Handling above 80kmph.

-Poor Rear Seat Comfort(even who sat for the 1st time in it can complain about it).

-Poor Ground Clearance.

-Hyundai's are also not much Reliable in long run also.

But where New Verna scores is in Desirability & Feel-good factor & Its so much Irresistible in latter that only I know how I'm cursing the car here, as I'm just coming after seeing it infront of my Door. smiley17.gif

Plus, i don't feel that your Back will feel relaxed in it, thanks to its Super-low seating.

Regarding Nissan Sunny, You'll cherish it always, I'll remain & deliver the same as it does on very first day of its delivery.

So, Sunny seems to be a Heart-Brain combo purchase.

Even I'm still hanged upon by this option, but its my parking & Budget constraints which are putting an

smiley37.gif on it.

Another option is Ertiga ZDi & I want to Re-iterate the words same as Creativebala suggested.

He has 100% perfect analysis of Maruti Suzuki diesels.

As librankur suggested, Innova might give you Neck pains alongwith back but Ertiga would eradicated these both, I guess.dr_nishu2012-05-09 15:09:57

Nishi, you've pretty much pinned Verna on most counts! During my TD the other day I too experienced the same:

-Average Dynamics - Really a poor handler.
-Poor Ground Clearance - experienced this 1st hand, it scrapped it belly over not so high ground.

- Thud from front suspension while passing over sharp potholes.

- No Telescopic steering.

Apart from what I like in the Verna is that it manages to do almost everything while excelling in none. Refinement, sound deadning, comfort are good. Reversa cemera is a great feature to have as I found out.

Im in two minds on Sunny, its a good car but is devoid of that premium feel both inside-out.

Stricken out Ertiga too, not much exciting to own & drive. Guess I missed, what's CB's analysis of Maruti..?
BornFree2012-05-09 15:28:00