BonFre

Search ended with India's highest selling car (pg11)

@ BornFree

You have trashed / thrashed every other car,except the INNOVA , so i feel its real close to your heart and possibly your next buy, what is its availability like , is this one also waiting for you ?smiley31.gif

Do share the smiley10.gif deal that the dealer is offering you ...

Stricken out Ertiga too' date=' not much exciting to own & drive. Guess I missed, what's CB's analysis of Maruti..?
[/quote']

What CB says & I agrees to;

@bf' date='Why left R-tiga?Its tall.It will be FE.Its front seats are super ERGONOMICALYou can push back the rear seat and lean as much as you can when needed when others drive.I too agree Innova is comfortable, but the R-tiga as a package with those front seats and reclining rear, its equally good.

[/quote']

@BF

Yes Ertiga won;t give you the feel that Swift or Punto does, but Innova doesn't do that either. Innova is another sedate car, which is HUGE, and it will be a pain in the tight spaces like mall parkings, with Ertiga you will feel like you are owning a hatch.

@BornFree

Rapid has reported lots of niggles and some serious issues. Moreover a skoda service is not the best.

Cruze was supposed to get a facelift. Is it out ? Or due ? I saw some scoops with facelift. Good car, but you would expect a lot from a car of that price. Feature list is not the best.

You can take a look at new Linea. Since fiat split from tata now, they might just improve their setup a bit. I heard that new Linea has a lot better fit and finish than previous one. Also if Rapid interest's you, why not Vento ?

@sb_alto

Rapid and Cruze already shot down by him.

New Cruze in June,

Linea no one buys (Even with heavy discounting year round.)

Vento is a great option.(The 1.6 Highline Diesel with its FE is the pick.)

The Vento IPL Edition II. -A Highline AT Petrol- Currently @18L + 

- for a cause

I would say that the Ertiga is the best bet because the ride quality is better than most maruti with the extra long wheelbase help here also the Taxi image is not a factor when buying this vehicle . Its more of a soccer moms hatchback (if at all there is one) ,were as the Innova provides good ride quality but the city driving will be hectic unless you hire a driver ,the Ertiga in this situation is 2 size smaller and almost sedan in overall dimensions hence easier to park in city traffic .

@rahul you could anyways get the Thar with AC from the showroom itself . They will add the Bolero AC so even if it comes with factory fitter AC won't make much sense because one needs to invest in a good hard top .

Ertiga surely is a great vehicle but I did not find it exciting to own/drive. Need something I can relate with...! I might be making a wrong decision based on wrong notions but have set heart to decide more than the head.

Innova too is not the ideal vehicle for me but just liked driving it around. Of late I've developed a liking for nicely handling cars & thus there's a rekindled interest in Rapid/Vento & maybe Cruze. Not sure whether the later handles well or not but just thinking it does.

Thar was sure on my wishlist at some point of time, it still is but I know I will be making a foolish decision if I ever buy it. Yes its there, its a Jeep but a very crude one at that. Still if I end up with this, it would be a 100% buy from the heart. Troubles will start post-delivery...!

Another car which never interested me but is on the mind is Etios. Lets see if Mr. practicality rules, this might be it...

No end to confusions in sight yet...!

Another car which never interested me but is on the mind is Etios. Lets see if Mr. practicality rules' date=' this might be it...

No end to confusions in sight yet...!
[/quote']

Exactly.

Toyota Etios have really started making the difference & is like the bait in Executive Sedan seekers.

It have started making Impact with its;

-Segment Lowest Ownership costs.

-Highest Fuel efficiency among its segment(met an Etios Liva owner today & he was extremely satisfied with its 25kmpl overall).

-High desirability Quotient.

-Sorted Mechanicals & Drivetrain.

Though where it's deficient is in Aspirational Quotient & Interiors, which are more like of Entry level Maruti Suzuki's(Alto, Wagon-R) than to the segment to which it belongs.

But lets see, either Heart or Head wins !!

Till then wait for few major launches in upcoming 2 months, i.e:

-Chevrolet SAIL.

-Facelifted Mahindra Verito.

-New Fluidic Hyundai Elantra.

-Renault Duster.

Else, I think we've evaluated almost all the feasible options, available in the Market today.

*Update*

After test driving & evaluating almost every car this side of 11L Rs, stretching from Hatches to UV's, SUV's & Sedans, it was time to take a call & the pressures of impending price hike on diesel cars forced for an "early" decision.

Quite a few cars were booked & full payments for some were made, only to be cancelled & taken back. Prominent among those are Toyota Liva, Innova, Maruti Ertiga. Each of these cars are good in their own right but somehow did not fulfill my requirements which were very skewed to begin with! One car among these was also booked which arrived just in nick of time & did not think twice pouncing on to it. Though the final decision was no brainer & a very common car which lakhs of Indians drive, a car that overtook the highest selling model, yes its finally the "SWIFT". A White Vdi. Now don't ask me "why not Zdi?" I simply did not see the worth of ~ a lakh extra for the features kitty.

Pics. & a short initial review to come up in a new thread.

Thread title edited.

Welcome to the Swift family :) And big congratulations on your new purchase.

I'd still had stretched to get that ZDi actually.. more for the rear wash/wipe and defogger actually. Its a pain driving a hatch without that in rains! And for the alloys, wider spec tires, USB integrated music player, ABS - EBD and airbags, its certainly worth the stretch man!!

Thanks. Got my booking converted to Zdi once but then reverted back to Vdi. The money one ends up paying for Zdi brings within sniffing distance of bigger cars. Sunny, Rapid, Scorpio, etc. appeal more at that price. I would be going in for after-market Alloys, wider tyres & an ICE system.

Yes that makes a valid argument too. I think even the base version of the City would come in the ZDi's price range, and thats not bad!

Will wait for your owner review of your Swift along with pictures :) Happy motoring...

Are you considering starting a new thread under the ownership reviews? Would love to get updates on the car.. how it performs and the cost you may bear for its maintenance.

I don't recollect the name of the member here.. but he has put up very nice review of his Ford Fiesta.

@ bornfree

Many congratulations on your new buy , these day cars clock 1000 too soon , yours already had its 1st service.

Such happy details are now being missed on the board , try and replace " the last replied post " with " Last created post" as the criteria in the HOT TOPICS section.

Now my question :

What is the fuel economy that you are getting ? is it true that the FE of a ZDi is lesser than that of a VDi is lesser than that of a LDi?

@Librankur, VDi and LDi will return identical FE. Its the ZDi which will give a little less than the other 2 variants. Its mainly because of the tire size. A higher spec tire (ZDi comes with 15" 185 sections) will increase rolling resistance which in turn affects FE.

Also, your driving style matters a lot when trying to extract good figures out of your car...

'India comes home in a Maruti Suzuki'

Congratulations alot on buying the New Swift diesel.

Being having a VDi, you might miss on some critical features but have the Swift-ness to enjoy on.

Waiting for the Ownership experience of your Swift with a bunch of its pics.