Durango Dude

Maruti replaces a Swift ZDI 'Lemon'!

This why Maruti is Numero Uno. Its customer treatment is unchallenged, and this is how it maintains it. No company can make completely perfect working cars. Accepting it can ensure customer faith. I will bet that he wont look beyond a Maruti in his life.

If it was a Tata, even though it would have caught fire he would be going for court rounds for next 3-4 years!

They are numero uno, not for Nothing. I read the thread, and was glad how things worked without much issues. But I do not think that this was any general procedure to mend things. Already that Maruti is under stress about labour problem, and swift bookings have high waiting period, it can be a marketing gesture to pacify things as well. I feel that Maruti has utilized the issue to great extent.

But one thing that I always feel, is that Maruti Service Centers have become worse. Careless and taking things for granted.

@DD and others

I agree that MS is numero uno in ASS...but as of now!!

Continuing on this Swift story, one my close friend got his new swift Vdi delivered just couple of weeks back.

Soon afer he realised that the braking power on his new swift was no better than an old M800. I mean even on a speed of 60-70 he was unsure whether his car will stop when required.

Since then he is running around MS service guys to get the things sorted out but no avail till now.

I mean ASS of a car manufacturer exists only because their cars sell...

And i don't buy this logic that not every car manufactured would be perfect...if this is the case then MS or for that matter any manufacturer should tell the person taking delivery of a car that "Sir, going by the probablity rate, you might be the unlucky one to be receiving a defective unit"...

Getting things right first time itself in what one expects and i guess MS is fast forgetting it...

@DD...thanks for the link for the Swift braking issue

After going thru the thread it is clear that L/V diesel variant swift owners are feeling the same issue (lack of braking power). This was never the case with old swift (as far as i know).

Knowing this, it becomes MSIL's responsibility to acknowledge the issue and assure each of it's customers that corrective action will be taken.

However, atleast for now no such action has been taken and moreover the ASS guys are not even telling this that it's a known issue...which is quite bad to say the least.

@DD...thanks for the link for the Swift braking issue

?

After going thru the thread it is clear that L/V diesel variant swift owners are feeling the same issue (lack of braking power). This was never the case with old swift (as far as i know).

Knowing this' date=' it becomes MSIL's responsibility to acknowledge the issue and assure each of it's customers that corrective action will be taken.

?

However, atleast for now no such action has been taken and moreover the ASS guys are not even telling this that it's a known issue...which is quite bad to say the least.

?
[/quote']

hi, i own the new maruti swift vxi and i find the brakes of the car to be perfectly fine. You have to keep in mind that the L/V variants do not have abs and just plain power brakes, so your bound to find the brakes slightly unsatisfactory if your used to driving a car which has abs.   

@harsh

1. Do you own the new swift vxi or the old one?

here i am referring to my friend's vdi and going thru the link which DD has posted, many new swift users specially diesel ones are facing braking issue on Ldi/Vdi variants.

i know that L/V doesn't have ABS but still it shouldn't be poorer than what a M800 used to have. But this is exactly what is happening.