Sign in to follow this  
AMG1

ACI review: New Swift Dzire

That doesn't makes much of the difference actually.

There are 2 reasons behind this Smartwork;

-Firstly' date=' The bootlid of a sedan is actually a sort of a lid or a Curtain meant for covering the area & it is supported by a Metal cross-design frame beneath it, which actually provides the rigidity.

-Secondly, The bootlid of the sedan doesn't have to bear the load/weight of the components like Glass & its related components like a Hatchback.

[/quote']

But doesnt that mean more damage even for small impacts ? May not be any structural problem still a big dent will burn your hole.

marutidzire20.jpg

Quite frankly, i don't like the looks of the new dzire.

Previous version was already described as "notchback" on MSIL website so don't know what the new one should be called.

Yes, being a Maruti it will sell but it looks to be a confused product. MS is just trying to take maximum advantage of new Swift hatchback's success but they should have understood by now that by design Swift is such that it can never look good in sedan style.

1. Now there is no proper sedan from MS except SX4. So people who want proper sedan have no choice but to go for SX4 (which is already looking aged).

2. New dzire's positioning has made way for Ertiga to be positioned between it and SX4

friends please help me decide..

I want to buy desire Vdi cost is 6.9 On road

but am getting a ready delivery Ldi for 6.4

Now the point is I will have to fix a after market power window and central lock. for the Ldi which may cost around 15k

Is it advisable to go for Ldi and fix an after market power window and central lock?

There are no safety features in VDI. All the useful features in VDI can be installed aftermarket in an LDi. I suggest go for LDI. Power Windows and Central lock kit are available as Maruti general accessories and I will suggest you go for them.

But doesnt that mean more damage even for small impacts ? May not be any structural problem still a big dent will burn your hole.

Have you personally checked this out !!

I've properly checked this issue yesterday' date=' when I've checked this car & truly speaking it's not as thin/flimsy as the words suggest(at various forums).

IMHO, Its better than Etios sedan.

Coming to the technicalities, Dzire's boot lid is a very high set unit & the first Impact will be faced by its Bumper, which is very much protruding part as against its Boot-lid.

So it'll probably get saved in a Car-Car shunt & the same will happen in a Car-2/3 Wheeler shunt.

So, the cases left include, Car-SUV or Car-LCV/HCV Shunt & in these cases, even a mm(milimetre) thick metal sheet would hardly make a difference.

So the petrol dezire is better to drive than the diesel version?

Yes, as it feels more balanced, lighter & more Swifter.

dzire ldi booked..

Congrats alot goenka.

Do share its pics & Ownership experience here.

@Nishu

Yes! Felt lighter than my alto at least. But that can be because of absence of gas struts. Agree about the fact that bumper will take most hits and is enough to save the boot lid.

I have not seen the etios boot lid. May be these days lighter panels are used to save weight and improve FE. Just hope that these are no compromise in terms of safety.

sb-alto2012-02-04 06:26:45

Have you driven the Dzire diesel variant too? if so please share your experience

I have booked it but not driven is :-(

No' date=' It was not available at dealership then.

But I guess, I would be more or less like to Swift D.

I noticed on the data sheet that Swift VDI and Dzire VDI has the same weight 1050Kg.. No wonder the boot lid looks thin

There's lot of parts editing in Dzire with respect to the Swift to keep the weight & hence Dynamics similar.

Just a quick observation, price difference between Swift and New Dzire vis-a-vis now ranges from 35-45k for diesel and 40-60k for petrols.

So there might be many conversions happening from Swift to Dzire (specially diesel, owing also to long waiting list).

Sorry i was not able to edit my previous post so adding another one.

AT is a very good addition to Dzire but i fail to understand why are they charging a premium of 1.22 lacs on MT (comparing Vxi MT and Vxi AT ex Delhi prices)

For A-Star AT they charge only 50k premium over MT. Even Toyota charges only 70k as premium for it's AT Fortuner !!

Test drove the Dzire yesterday... and tell you, its a nice car. I already have a Swift(2008) and the new Dzire never felt like one unlike the earlier/outgoing model. The fact that the new Swift is entirely different than the one I own works in favor of this new entrant.

Its a fairly agile car, nice ride - not firm as on the Swift, handles fairly well and is more composed on speeds than the hatch.

The rear seat is quite comfortable and legroom is adequate too. Personally, I liked the wood trim on the split dash - gives a nice touch to the interiors. Even the boot seems sufficient, not too small to be written off as just a weekend carrier. I think it can fairly hold a couple of full size travel bags.

Pricing seemed too attractive to me with the VXi coming for 6.02 lacs and the ZXi for 6.96 lacs. Even the VDi seems good for 7.02 but the ZDi goes into the Honda City entrant category at close to 8 lacs (all prices on road) I was too tempted to get my hands on the VXi version just for its price!!

In all, a very good car, but personally I would have liked an all black interior just like the new Swift.

And as Sachin has mentioned, there are customers opting for / cancelling their bookings for the new Swift Dzire. Deliveries are also at a good pace with waiting period less than 6 weeks!! That was a surprise smiley1.gif

Yes Bala. I drove the ZXi variant. It has ABS and EBD plus wider 185/70 15" tires on it whereas the LXi and VXi have only 14 inchers and 165/80 tires. So the braking is definitely completely different. But with the Swift that I have, I find no problem with its braking. Grip does scare you when the tire tread ages... but that comes back with a tire change smiley1.gif

It surprised me that new Dzire is not a hatchback or sedan and a new name notchback. I don't know what it means, but surprising thing is that as off I know I have 50 cancellations of new swift and booking the dzire in just a day. Oh god what a crazy situation and I feel slowly Dzire will put a bad mark on selling numbers of New Swift(poor baby). One more surprise is that Ritz bookings are still on as it is even Dzire comes in. Quite confusing consumer choice at the moment. When I look at the new cars lined up in 2012 it is going to be a very tricky thing who buys which car and why

Front Discs are bigger & more effective in Dzire than Swift.

New Dzire features 15" Ventilated front Discs.

(Source: MS Dzire company brochure)

How can the size of the ventilated front discs be bigger than the size of the wheel. I am sure there is an error somewhere. smiley1.gif

How can the size of the ventilated front discs be bigger than the size of the wheel. I am sure there is an error somewhere. smiley1.gif

Even I thinks the same but the Ironic reality is that its the Company brochure which says this. smiley36.gif

The picture tells the story;

oZb6sl.jpg

(Source: Company brochure)dr_nishu2012-03-21 17:32:13

Old Dzire to be called Dzire Tour

(The taxi-market Dzire Tour will be available in both petrol and diesel variants priced at Rs 4.88 lakh and 5.91 lakh respectively).

Mar 19, 2012

Maruti has named the taxi-spec version of the Swift Dzire as the Dzire Tour. This version is basically the first-generation Dzire and it now comes only in the base LXi (petrol) and LDi (diesel). Standard features include an AC, power steering steel wheels. Both front and rear bumpers, outside rear-view mirrors and door handles are black.

The Dzire Tour is priced at Rs 5.91 lakh for the diesel and Rs 4.88 lakh for the petrol variant. It will only be sold to taxi and fleet operators. This model will go on sale next month (April 2012) onwards.

Given below is a price comparison of the Dzire Tour and its competitors (all prices, ex-showroom, Delhi).

Model (Diesel/Petrol)

Maruti Dzire Tour

Rs 5.91 lakh               Rs 4.88 lakh

Tata Indigo XL

Rs 5.91 lakh              Rs 6.29 lakh

Toyota Etios

Rs 6.69 lakh             Rs 5.14 lakh

Mahindra Verito

Rs 5.97 lakh             Rs 5.04 lakh. (ACI)