Sign in to follow this  
AMG1

ACI review: New Swift Dzire

I soo wish maruti had equipped this vehicle with better brakes smiley19.gif

Yes, that's the demand of everyone, both who owns & who wishes to own one.

But the actual problem has multiple aspects behind it:

-Light bodyshell.

-Engine-Chassis design sync is still lacking somewhere.

Its only the ABS in the top-end ZXi/ZDi variants gets some success in extracting some more out of its brakes, is assistance with Electronic Management Sensors.

Else, its a technical design limit/restriction.

Maruti Swift Dezire becomes more costly!

Prices of the Dezire Diesel raised by 2-2.5% today across all models. Now the already over priced Swift gets more costly.

But the Client base of the Dezire has shifted towards the Ertiga.This is because it's only around 2 lakhs more that the Dezire with the same driving comfort.

@TAUREAN CZAR

....Only around 2 Lakhs.... from your post

2 lakhs for this segment of car is nearly 20- 25% increase in the value of the car , a buyer can easily move to other manufacturers...

The price difference actually ,Model to Model (Dzire-Ertiga), is between 1-1.4 Lakhs, coupled with , ERTIGA being a bigger and newer product, could be the reason for the move, as you suggested

Wow !!

What a great method to promote Corruption in already Super Corrupt country.

The company is just making fools of customers like us, who're in a queue since last 1 year to buy their products . Since booking the car to the delivery one will come across 2-3 price hikes.

-If I buy the Swift ZDi now. Then;

Initial Booking price was: Rs.6.45 lacs

Its Ex-showroom price after

First price Increment by MSIL: Rs.6.75 lacs.

Post-budget Increment: Rs.6.85 lacs.

So, I'll be getting the Swift at price more than 40k to what I deserves or what I wished.

Similarly for Dzire ZDi, its;

Initial Introductory Price: Rs.7.21 lacs.

Post budget Price: Rs. 7.35 lacs.

After 1st price rise: Rs.7.50 lacs.

So, again I'll be getting the Swift Dzire at price ~30k to what I deserves or what I wished.

Why, the Hell I've waited for a Year !!

Just to had the car at prices, what they've intended after Union Budget 2012 with a Price increments of Rs.30-40k.

Simply ridiculous. smiley7.gif

Instead, It would've better that I'd have opted the car at the time of its launch by Paying Rs.30k Premium over its OTR price.

By doing that, I would've enjoyed the car to the max till now with paying the amounts what I would be paying now for car Minus the Phone call bills (used to ring up the dealer & Headache what I'm getting now.

So, its better to be Corrupt now than to suffer again & again.

Regarding the Pricing as aspect of the car, now the On-Road of Dzire ZDi, has gone into full-fledged Sedan category as Sunny XL costs Rs.8.88 lacs now, whereas Dzire costs Rs.8.20 lacs PTR now.

So, with 60k price difference & 600mm length difference, I seriously need to re-consider my decision now.

C'mon guys, Waiting for your responses at

Hatchback Blues thread.

C'mon, Maruti Suzuki, change your such kind of policies else your market share is definitely going to be ruined from now, as its going down now.

Hope any MSIL official would be reading this post, which is posted on the behalf of every Indian, who's against paying a Bribe & can stand for his/her rights.dr_nishu2012-05-08 20:55:01

these teaser rates had to end ,when they saw people have fallen for the product,they harp a new note, input costs,

i feel its more like monopolising on their market leader position and queue management to create artifical demand for a product,

when they had swift they said wait we will give you new swift,when they had new swift they said wait we will give you new dzire,now they have the new dzire and they want us to wait for ertiga.

we just end up jumping queues and getting nothing,while they make money from our booking amounts all along.

you are right about the hikes though , my scorpio cost went up from 11.30 to 11.61 and now is at 11.65 and still no sight of the vehicle.

I agree with you, MS seems to be misusing demand for it's cars ever since launch of new swift.

If they can't supply as per demand then they should only take orders as per their capacity. Although many people objected to the way M&M used lottery system for it's XUV bookings but atleast it was aimed to fulfill demand in a reasonable amount of time and not wait endlessly.

Moreover, i think demand for diesel cars has gone over top of Maruti as they seem to be charging the maximum and discrete premium over petrol counterparts. No other manufacturer (nissan, hyundai, toyota etc) is extracting so much premium in the name of diesel.

^^^

I agree to your view on Maruti overpricing, but it has got its reasons

1. They don't own diesel tech, they have to pay loyality

2. The new Swift is too premium compared to old one.

3. Last but not least, NO REAL COMPETITORs

Tell me one Diesel Hatch which is close to perfect.

Which other Diesel looks Good, Fun2Drive, Good Ride(New Swift here), Good AfSS, NewTech MJD(Nissan/Figo/Liva are old), Powerful and last but not least, a clatterfree 4 cylinder.

The only problem in my view is SPONGY brakes, otherwise its 99% perfect( 1% for Boot space)

@Bala

Sorry, but i don't agree to the reasons you have mentioned for extracting too much premium on diesel by MS.

Agreed that Swift is still best in it's segment but it was so almost since it's launch. As far as i can remember MS doesn't use to extract so much premium for diesel at that time.

With every new launch this premium difference seems to increase for MS. Ertiga is another example when they charge 1.4 lacs premium on base variant.

With Ertiga, I feel that Maruti is selling Petrol variant with least possible profit margin, as the cost of petrol is 30-50k below expected levels.

The difference can be looked at this way. The difference is more because petrol is cheap and not because diesel is costly, cos in my opinion the diesel is priced very well when we compare to other cars in the price range.

So its not the premium on diesel, its the subsidy on petrol. Currently if you see Ritz, with discounts on petrol the difference again reaches 1.4 lakhs, so this difference was always there.

@sachin,

Again the NO COMPETITORness lets maruti price their cars sky high.

As said earlier, If you are an Car enthu looking for a good looking hatch, only Swift & Punto appeals and many are running away from Fiat, so it's obvious Swift will be selling( Even if priced 50k more).

Similarly, the Only 7 Seater Self driving car(like) sub 10L is Ertiga. In this budget, you can opt for Grande or Xylo too, but it neither drives like a car nor too compact for city drives, so again NO COMPETITION.

@sachin

What M&M did with their booking was an honest way to deal with crowd management , so you may think, just look at the facts

Though actual bookings were much higher than 25k ,lets take them to be 25k

Bookings received 25K booking amount 80K = Rs 2000000000/-

This does not include other costs to the applicants , like draft charges ...  etc

This is the amount they collected and after draw returned the same to unsucessful applicants ,what you did not see is the interest they earned on the enarmous amount in quick time.

Maruti is taking 5-10K as booking amount , see the number maruti needs to match with what Mahindra pulled off or see how many XUVs would mahindra have to produce to earn this much ...

I would consider it a precision strike by Mahindra

I myself booked two in the hope of getting atleast one , both bookings were promptly returned.

What I suggest , should be an industry norm for all bookings by car dealers or for any other booking that does not promise a quick delivery is something on the lines of ASBA in the stock market, this way the banks interest is not lost by the applicant and the dealer makes none .

Also this way the dealer would be more inclined for actual sales / deliveries rather than just taking bookings , as now he is no longer making money out of bookings.The dealer will make money only when he actually does a sale. @ 4-10% 

smiley2.gif

@ankur

I know what M&M did was also not the best approach and they did earn lot on the interest on the bookings returned.

But the same holds true for MS or for that matter any manufacturer. They also do earn interest for the bookings which get cancelled (for any reason). Swift too crossed 1 lac bookings and with whatever x amount they took for each booking, you can easily figure out the total amount.

So, although the approach which M&M took was not the best but still i consider it better than taking money from people and keeping them on wait endlessly.

You missed my point completely , the crux lies in the last few lines.

MS waiting queue is highly questionable , this issue has been raised many a times during the time its new swift bookings opened , when they were claiming bookings far exceeding the actual numbers, to many stories in the media then , we also know the way MS hops customers to multiple queues creating artificial demand , as mentioned in previous posts , even if i assume what you are saying is true , lets do the math

10K*100K = Rs1000000000/- 

This is half of what Mahindra acquired in 10 days , Maruti did the same in several months, what i was saying essential is that they both are at fault.

Let me try once again in a different way,

I was evaluating two thieves and was saying no matter who won they both are still thieves.

You on the other side are siding with the ways of one of the thieves.

The difference between our posts is our outlook , while you still seen to be siding with one of the thief , i want both of them caught with what i proposed in the last few lines of my initial post to you.

smiley2.gif

I think you missed the point i was trying to make.

I never said that what M&M did was correct. I said what they did was better than what MS is upto.

There is a difference between keeping customers wait endlessly AND making customers wait in an informed way.

their still remains a difference in our outlooks, by showing you all those calculations , in my replies to you , i was focusing more on the LOOT / MONETARY aspect of the process , while you remain focused on the WAIT aspect.

what i had said in my first reply was that both LOOT AND WAIT , can be controlled if dealers are stopped from making money from bookngs.

this is the best i could come up with , in so many words,hoping this brings closure.

smiley2.gifsmiley2.gif

Its your choice. Corruption is always there You stop giving the money, you raise your voice. Maruti is not moral police and you can't expect them to keep tab on such a huge no. of dealers with such a huge volume.

They are sending out 20k Swift and 15k Dzire out there in the market. This is no artificial demand. Its called a blockbuster hit.

And yes they earn through bookings, and why shouldn't they? They are here to do business. They are not an NGO doing public service and putting people on wheels. They made a competent product and they are profiting from it. Others can do the same if they are capable to.

@rahul and ankur

cool off dear, i think it's going way off topic as per thread.

anyway, all people have opinion and no product/manufacturer is perfect. so i think that's the best way to put it up.

Thanks to Maruti's waiting game, I have bought a Ford Figo diesel Titanium although my choice by default was the Swift. Well I'm glad I made the choice as the Figo is a brilliant and honest car, hard to fault with.   And that was easy on my wallet too!

The new Swift Dzire is an excellent buy, provided that you can actually "buy" it. MS should not get too cosy with their top spot and not be too complacent, rivals like Hyundai are close on their heels. And wait till Honda launches their diesel engines!

Thanks to Maruti's waiting game, I have bought a Ford Figo diesel Titanium although my choice by default was the Swift. Well I'm glad I made the choice as the Figo is a brilliant and honest car, hard to fault with.   And that was easy on my wallet too!

The new Swift Dzire is an excellent buy, provided that you can actually "buy" it. MS should not get too cosy with their top spot and not be too complacent, rivals like Hyundai are close on their heels. And wait till Honda launches their diesel engines!