Apple1582

Which car wax is best for new cars...

Hi

I was looking for a car wax for my polo - will be delivered soon. I am a bit worried as many said that red fades much faster than other colors.

1) How can i protect the paint from UV rays?

2) Which brand do you prefer Turtle wax, formula one or any other?

3)The turtle wax website suggests Express shine for new cars. Your take on that?

4) I found 1) Super Hard Shell Paste Wax

2)Carnauba Cleaner Wax Paste in turtle wax website. Which one shall i use (only if you suggest turle wax)?

5) Difference between 1)Wet n' Black Tire Foam

2)Wet n' Black Ultra Wet Tire Shine Aerosol?

Apple +1

Even I'm looking for a good car wax.

Have been using Formula 1 since a year now.. but not satisfied with it. The shine doesn't last for more than a week!!

Although, I follow the advice of not washing the car for the next 2-3 days after waxing it.

And even though a tire polish makes a car look amazing, it lasts only for a few hours until you drive it again.

1. A lot of paint protection items are available these days from reputed brands like 3M and Meguaris, but getting a coating done in the beginning is not the most advisable as it scrapes off the new clear coat. My advise would be to take the car home, shampoo wash the surface with MF cloth, apply hard wax, like Turtle or Meguaris.

2. Paint protection solutions is best used after a year or two, till then shampoo and hard wax, may be liquid wax in the gap of hard wax. Wax also prevents UV rays damage. Use a good car cover when parked outside, rather than wasting money on a paint protection solution from the start.

3. Out of turtle and Formula1, I would pick turtle any day if it is available off the shelf. Much more durable. Express shine, ultra shine and blah blah shine are generally marketing styles. Pick any one and start using

4. Carnauba is the more popular one among the two. Reason : I do not know.

5. Keep away aerosol. Foams are better as it is not harmful for tyres or alloys. I have heard aerosol sprays discoloring alloys.

Additional tips

6. Do not just buy wax and tyre foams, buy a good shampoo and interior multipurpose cleaner also. For regular glass cleaning you can use Colin/Clean mate and Mr Muscle.

7. Buy MF cleaning cloth. 3M Scotch Brite cloths are available at Rs99/ piece. Buy at least 4 of them. Do not use those red/yellow cloths available at traffic signals

8. Apply shampoo with MF cloth or super soft sponges only. Use separate cloth for cleaning wheels. While cleaning car, start from top and move down below.

9. Buy only a few costly wax and shampoo, for regular cleaning you can buy Formula1 or Waxpol stuffs. Use premium products less frequently.

10. Underbody cleaning is also important. For VW cars, underbody jet wash is not recommended I guess, so you can wet wipe the underbody and wash the wheel wells by removing tyres. Cleaning inside of tyres is also essential.

Happy Polo days in advance. Have a shiny ridesmiley1.gif

Thanks neeraj and sb-alto.

You said about using hard wax, but i cant figure out from there website which is the product you were refering to.

1) Super Hard Shell Paste Wax

http://www.turtlewax.com/detail-Super%20Hard%20Shell%20Paste%20Wax-42-45.aspx

2) Carnauba Cleaner Wax Paste

http://www.turtlewax.com/detail-Carnauba%20Cleaner%20Wax%20Paste-42-46.aspx

Found an intresting article on Carnauba wax (courtesy autogeek)

The wax is produced by the Brazilian Tree of Life, a palm tree, in order to coat its leaves. The wax provides protection from the sweltering sun and it sheds water so it falls onto the ground and is absorbed by the tree

By hard wax, I meant hard paste ones. Those which are available in round tiffin box style packages.

Other one is the liquid wax, which is available in spray bottles, or normal bottles

I never knew about Carnauba wax properties, thanks for sharing. But one thing for sure, there are thousands of waxes and polishes available and each mentions some special use and its USP. Stick to one good and easily available paste wax and use MF cloth for cleaning.

I use Armorall liquid polish for the car.

I've also used Formula 1 earlier. From what I've noticed I feel most of the reputed brands likes the ones you suggested and the ones i have ,will all do the job equally well.

I have not found any noticeable difference between products even after prolonged use.

Just make sure its carnauba that's all.

Like suggested earlier its extremely important to use a car cover. But choosing a good car cover itself is a big story.

So if your car is parked indoors you're safe but if its always out then you want to invest in a good quality car cover.

For external body surface the best one, which I've came across is NanoWax 20120204_193824_images_2.jpg

or another cheap & best one is Formula1 Carnauba Wax.

But you need to use 3-4 times a month to keep your car shine & feel Glossy.

Initially use it twice atleast in first 10 days.dr_nishu2012-02-04 19:38:53

I will also endorse dr_nishu on nano wax.

Under his suggestion I bought nano wax and believe me its super good.

To give you an idea ,I waxed my car about 2weeks ago and drove in dusty conditions and even after I wiped it clean with water and touched it , I can feel the smoothness even now and in 2weeks I've wiped My car nearly 4 times with water and still I can feel it .

That's how good it is

Got my German beauty last week. Simply love the paint quality so trying to give true pampering from the begining

@sb-alto

I bought Turtle wax super hard shell paste from ebay. They claim something like it lasts for 12 months. Is that true?

Which method shall i follow

1) Apply hard wax at regular intervals

2) Apply hard wax at first and use liquid wax frequently

3) After applying hard wax Use NANO WAX frequently

4) Came across ICE Synthetic Spray Wax. Can i use it on top of hard wax?

Here is the link

http://www.turtlewax.com/detail-ICE%20Synthetic%20Spray%20Wax-42-90.aspx

I am looking for something that can be applied on top of hard wax and that can be applied on glass. headlights, taillights and exterior plastic...

I am a fan of Meguiar's. They have some amazing products and the quality is simply out of the world. For new cars, you can go ahead with quick wax, liquid was and my personal favourite the ultimate wax - works like magic for my car at least.

As per indian market , i feel most of the car polishes and waxes available are not upto mark in quality . Most of polishes available with local shops are fakes of reputed brands. Even formulas fake is abundantly available. I have tried a silicone polish from amway and its detergent resistant also. Atleast a sense of satisfaction that its orignal. You can give it a try. Costs around 500 rs for a bottle.

I suggest use a Paint Sealant Instead. They are much easy to apply, and the durability is much better than the traditional waxes. some good products in India are Ultima Paint Guard Plus, Optimum Opti Seal etc.