Sign in to follow this  
AMG1

ACI review: Tata Safari Storme

TATA has tried to play Safe with this Second Generation of Safari. They've tried to retain the DNA & Core appeal of the original Safari & have moulded it into New Soft avatar, all what it & what the time demands now.

But One this which it's sorely lacking is the Central MID screen, lending its New dash a Bald-Head look.

It would've been better if TATA would've provided a Small, fake GPS-like central screen to display minor Info bits, since even Manza also features that bit.

Tata solely miss out on the current trend of Front facing 3rd row. IMHO, the new gen Safari will miss those mad fan following which the previous gen Safari had for 10+ years with those brawny looks and tailmount spare tyre.

M&M designers with XUV made the Evergreen Safari look dull, but the Tata designers made it even worse. Any betting inside Tata?

Agree.. Tata cant call this as a new-gen Safari. Its just a facelift. I was expecting something extraordinary from the car this time around.

A beautifully crafted center console, a GPS like the one on Aria, some exclusive bits like a refrigerator (its a huge car.. can easily accommodate a small 15-20 ltr one), and to top it all, exquisite new exterior styling which would announce itself as a new car altogether.

The "new" Safari is a big disappointment for sure, Tata could have done better. I hope this is only the last "make-up" before a totally new model is launched, to help last minute sales. Somewhat similar to the way the horrible Verna Transform was launched before the Fluidic Verna came in.

I hope we can expect such good surprises from Tata! smiley1.gif

^^^

Guys, Safari is a big hit not only because it looked good, it has got various other goodness.

1. Its Ride Quality

2. Its space management( although it seats 5, no other car/MUV/SUV seats those 5 in such comfort in sub 12L price.

3. Go anywhere ability( again no match at its price)

So safari fans will still go for the new Safari, since it has got few other goodies attached to it.

1. Better Handling( Since its spare kicked down )

2. Overall betterness ( Since its based on Aria platform)

3. Probable front facing 3rd row( as seen in recent Auto Show)

4. Bold Front( Agreed the overall looks are a slight letdown, but the front is good)

Just look at its stance guys, it look million bucks, I know that the design is getting older and repitive but after it is an handsome butch looking SUV with much more brutness than XUV 5OO and others.