AMG1

ACI review: Maruti Ertiga

Autocar India Exclusive: Real World Maruti Ertiga Review with Complete details

5PgGel.jpg

We've just driven the Maruti's new Ertiga and initial impressions are that the company has yet another winner on its hands. The Ertiga gets the basics right. It has three rows of seats, can seat seven and comes with the option of both petrol and diesel engines. Also, its monocoque construction promises much in terms of car-like comfort and driving manners.

With a length of 4265mm, the Ertiga is shorter than the other MPVs in the market, namely the Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo and Tata Aria. What

Well, there was a threat to Maruti's position. But now not only has it defended very well (Swift and Dzire) its time for counter attack!

All except LXI get ABS is an extremely good move!

The last paragraph sums everything up very nicely.

Nicely done review Nishu. I wonder did you try out last row seating as well? if yes please share those photos?as well.

Thanks.

But this is actually an Autocar India Official review.

Will comment on this later on, after getting hands on it personally.

It's a sure hit and first thing it will hit is the SX4. Its a sedan/MUV/large hatch rolled into one, with the that sort of pricing it will kill many birds at one go. Maruti is going to have a many miles long waiting list with this product too. Maruti is in real trouble! Kind of trouble many auto makers would die for: unable to satiate demand for its products.Durango Dude2012-03-24 08:01:09

Wow..

Each & every bit customization bit on Ertiga feels ideally designed & built for it.

None of these give her the Over-styled feel.

The best bits which I liked the most are the Central kinked Radiator Grille & Smoked Projector Headlamps.

@Rahul, do we see any of these customizations on offer post its launch? I hope to all of these would make it for the after market or even better, MGA kit.

Really looks nice...

everyone terms it to be a giant killer

but i dont see how just by introducing a cheaper , smaller version of the Innova can kill the giant.Xylo did it to no effect , and now maruti is trying its hands

its more like the poor mans innova , not innova , the segment benchmark and leader for as long as i can remember and still is even now.

Xylo was an MUV. This is a car. Xylo a Mahindra, Ertiga a Maruti. And Innova's huge size is rarely used by most people.

Also this car does not intend to compete with Innova but will still take some buyers from it because it will cater to those who want an MPV, rarely (but soometimes) use the third row, and want an easy to manoeuvre vehicle.

Toyota also knows there is a market for this, and thats why it has Avanza, which it is not announcing in India.

I expect sales of 6000-8000 a month!

I don't think there is any doubt on the success of Ertiga.

It's entering or rather creating a new segment. Hence no competition and MS will price it very well.

As mentioned in many other posts/forums, i think we should not compare it to Innova. Both products will have a market and will sell. Innova is a true MUV.

To me, it will take away some market from Xylo/Innova specially for families looking for a MUV (for occasional use). Apart from this, commercial players (intra city travel) will also have a liking to it due to it's expected very good FE.

I think the entry level premium sedans (Read City, Vena,Sunny, Rapid,Vento and yes, the SX4) will be the most affected by the introduction of Ertiga. At almost the same price, they get more

1. Space - yes

2. Comfort - yes (As per autocar review, the rear seat comfort is really good, if not more than entry level premium sedans)

3. Drivability - yes (Think as good as the Verna)

4. The very important FUEL EFFICIENCY - yes, very close to the sedans!

5. Extra 2 seats/more boot space - yes

6. Premium interiors - yes, but may be a notch lower compared to Verna/VW twins

7. Looks - Debatable. For me, the looks are as good as/ better than some of the sedans listed.

As already discussed, Innova sales might also be affected, but think not as badly as the above sedans!carispassion2012-04-09 09:23:21

Read on another forum that price of Ertiga ZDI seems to have leaked. 9.4 lacs ex Mumbai

I also expect MS to price it somewhere around 6.75 - 8 lacs for Petrol and 8 - 9.25 lacs for Diesel

Checked out Maruti Ertiga ZDi yesterday.

Woooow.. What a car it is. Simply great. smiley1.gif

It has got right blend of everything, Only Critical element remaining to be seen is the pricing.

Expect its 90PS 1.3 Diesel engine to be more refined than that of its 75PS avatar doing business in its smaller siblings.

Nicely done review Nishu. I wonder did you try out last row seating as well? if yes please share those photos?as well.

Yes, it is one of the best i've came across some of the 7-8 seater cars/UVs.

Especially its Underthigh support is exceptionally great, even better than Rear-Seat of Nissan Sunny sedan.

With Mid-row at rougly Mid position, which is sufficient for even 5.10ft tall persons, the last bench is as comfortable as Mid-row, whose comfort is further boosted by Side Armrests with Cupholders. Feels more of like a dedicated Bar-cabin to enjoy the ambience. smiley2.gif

Maruti Ertiga LUV Features List

LXi / LDi[/u/

ABS (LDI only)

Manual AC

Engine Immobilizer

Power Steering

Internally adjustable ORVM (Manual)

Accessory Socket

60/40 Spilt seats (2nd Row seats with seat slide)

Tilt Steering

Retractable cup holder

Body coloured bumpers

Low fuel warning lamp

Door Lock canceller(front)

VXi / VDi

Lxi/Ldi plus:

ABS with EBD (Optional in VXi, Standard in VDi)

Twin AC

Security alarm system (Door+ Hood)

Full Wheel cap

Tachometer

Front Fog Lamp

Audio+CD+USB

Speakers(FRX2+RRX2)

Seat back pocket(Co-driver side)

Front Seat belts shoulder adjust

Rear Centre Armrest(w/o cup holder)

Front & Rear Power windows

Driver

@BF

Best colour and a little unique is the light blue one.

55k looks reasonable for the features ZDi adds though, important ones being Airbags, Rear Wipers, Alloy Wheels, Audio Controls (you understand their utility once you start using them)