AMG1

ACI review: Maruti Ertiga

Very goog pricing for Petrol.

Good for diesel, though a bit into Xylo's range now.

This will definitely eat into C1/C2 segments sale.

MSIL expects to sell 5k units/month, i wonder why?

When Innova being premium by atleast 2-3 lacs can sell 5k+ consistently then i think Ertiga should sell atleast in 7-8k units/month range.

I did some analysis (yes lots of free time today!smiley17.gif). This show how well the Ertiga fits in.

• It challenges everybody (including Nissan Sunny), while still safeguarding its relative the New Dzire.
  • A gap ranging from 70k-1.1lakh povides Maruti the opportunity to accomodate its upcoming sedan (possibly SX4 classic)
  • Worst hit cars in my opinion won't be MUV, they will be the sedans. It offers everything a Sedan does. A plush rear seat for chauffeur driven, good driving position for the self driving, economical. Maruti could not capture the sedan space with SX4, but with this it is set to impact it in the biggest way possible. We can see in 10-14 lakh segment how Innova overshadoes everyone else, though that comparison may be called a little skewed.
  • The VFM Sedans (Nissan Sunny, Skoda Rapid etc.) would be sweating profusely now! Sunny base petrol still seems a good buy considering ABS and driver airbags provided, the XL(mid) is blown away, because people would want to spend the 25k extra and go for the "MARUTI" Ertiga top variant. The XV is blown out of picture.
  • The Xylo and Innova will be affected but only to a small extent. Those who buy them for personal use will in 80% of the cases switch to Ertiga. But as we all know they are mostly used for commercial purpose of hauling 7 people, and this is where Ertiga will have to prove itself. You can expect those aerdynamic fully covered careers for Ertiga to be out soon.

I expect sales of around 7000-8000 a month provided Maruti can manufacture them. Don't be surprised if the bookings cross 20k by the end of the month.

Those interested in this vehicle, I recommend you hurry!

Features

FEATURES Description LXi/LDi VXi/VDi ZXi/ZDi

Safety & Security

Driver and passenger airbag --icon_correct.gif

ABS with Brake Assist & EBDPetrol-Oicon_correct.gif

Dieselicon_correct.gificon_correct.gificon_correct.gif

Front seat belt3-point ELR (Dr+CoDr)icon_correct.gificon_correct.gificon_correct.gif

Pretensioner & Force limiter (Dr + Co-Dr)--icon_correct.gif

2nd row seat belt3-point ELR seat belts x 2 (side)icon_correct.gificon_correct.gificon_correct.gif

With centre 2-point lap belticon_correct.gificon_correct.gificon_correct.gif

3rd row seat belt3-point ELR seat belts x2icon_correct.gificon_correct.gificon_correct.gif

Security Alarm SystemDoor + Hood Sensing-icon_correct.gificon_correct.gif

Immobilizer icon_correct.gificon_correct.gificon_correct.gif

Instrument Panel & Console

Tachometer -icon_correct.gificon_correct.gif

Information display integrated into meter clusterDigital clockicon_correct.gificon_correct.gificon_correct.gif

Outside temperature gauge--icon_correct.gif

Fuel consumption gauge (instantaneous/average)icon_correct.gificon_correct.gificon_correct.gif

Driving rangeicon_correct.gificon_correct.gificon_correct.gif

Seat belt reminder (driver

Very interesting pricing!! I would surely like to check it personally at a showroom soon smiley1.gif

Although I am keen on buying a Diesel, the price gap is a little too much from its Petrol variant. Would have surely liked a wash-wipe on the VXi/VDi for at least the ABS variant.

Went and looked at the car in flesh. Has enough space both in the middle row as well as 3rd to seat adults with right adjustment in the middle row. I am close to 6 ft. and I found it comfortable. Boot space is also not as bad as seen in the pics. There was a family of 4 + the driver taking a test drive and the car drove as smooth as any car. No lag at all.

Perfect car with Perfect pricing.

Ertiga clocks 400 booking in Maharashtra on its first day of its launch.

Finally I'm expecting a relief to Swift & New Dzire waiting period as ~10% Dzire owners are going to shift their bookings for this car.

Sunny & fluidic Verna are the most affected.

It seems like people are fast falling in LUV with the very recently launched Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. In a development that hints at the big change in the market, the new Life Utiility Vehicle has received around 400 bookings in Maharashtra alone.(economic times)

space is really low on both the second and third row.

Would prefer it to go 6 seater with the second row as captain seats

its only suited for small distances for longer ones be prepared to disembark crippled from the experience 

The third row is cramped, but then one should not expect any S class at the back. Except for the Force one, most MUVs and SUVs have cramped rear bench. Still I would say that it is not worthless.

The middle row is adequately spacious unless you are some Mathew Hayden or Usain Bolt. Moreover the middle row can be moved back and forth just like front seats, making the seating more flexible. As a whole is the car is not cramped at all, even for more than average tall people.

The Ertiga is very much suited for long distances. It has got all characteristics of a touring car.

The third row is manageable. I am 6'2" and my friend was 5'8" and we managed to get a config, so that if I am in the middle with front row adjusted for him, he was able to sit in the last row without much problem. Yes for long journeys it may be a little uncomfortable, but if you are planning to do frequent journeys where you are going to use last row, then this car is not for you.

It is for those who at some times feel the need to carry 6-7 people, but not often. For those who feel the need often would be better positioned to go for Xylo, Innova etc.

@BF

Cooling was not that great, it was slow but it was able to bring down the temperature taking maybe 5 minutes more than Swift in full heat at 2 in the afternoon. Considering the size and glass area, this was half expected. You will definitely need to add sunfilms on all the windows and probably V-kool on the front windshield. That would help a lot

Yes because I took two test-drives of around an hour each & A.C. failed miserably to cool the cabin. Even towards the end of TD's, the cabin did not cool. 

Btw are they using the same compressor as in Swift? If yes, low cooling is expected.

The assistant told me it was the SX4 compressor, which is very good in SX4 but not as efficient in Ertiga.

Those buying Ertiga need to set 20k on the side for a good set for sun films. This was the only flaw I was able to find in the car.

Yes in-efficient A.C. is a big flaw in the car & I expect the company to do something in this regard sometime soon. Weather where I reside is extremely hot & an effective A.C. is a requirement.

Comparitively in my other cars, I sometimes have to switch off the A.C. due to chill it creates. Not so in the Ertiga! Im still waiting for reviews of the same from others to confirm the presence of the issue. Or was it just me!
BornFree2012-04-17 16:20:55

20120417_172105_Twitter_-_@horm.png

10000 in 5 days! Expect it to cross 25k by the end of the month. This caps the stunning launch by Maruti. Let it never be said that Maruti can't sell big cars.

Maruti, in your next move start manufacturing next-gen Vitara in India. Get the price to 10 lakhs and knock the living daylights out of XUV 500!

@BF

AC issue is there, however I don't think the issue is as big as the issue in i20. Also with the engines at its service and the volume it has to cool, I dont expect a big solution. What you need to do is test a car with sunfilms if possible. The above tweet shows that unless you want huge waiting period in this too, you need to move fast.rahul18102012-04-17 17:39:23

Maybe the Ertiga can sell a lac units in a month but for me its nothing more than a smiley21.gif.

I did the TD,okay it has got good performance(for its size and engine)but still its not upto the mark,front seats are okay,plastic quality etc is good.Dash is also looking good.Ride and handling is also good and FE is also good.

But when it comes to overall driving comfort..its not the car for me and my driving style.Its terribly undertyred and under hard braking those 185 section tyres try their best to give up.

And why that spaceless third row?Instead they should have offered some more spacious rear seats and more comfort.C'mon yaar I am Innova type and the Ertiga which is priced near to the Xylo feels like a spartan cave in front of the Xylo.

about bookings,when cars like Verna and XUV can gain a lot then why not Ertiga?

Amazingly one thing is common in all three,what? "I literally hate all three of them"..smiley36.gif

My friend once said that in India if 2 wheeler 5 should travel and if car 10 should travel is the funda. Considering that anyone with a budget of 7+ lakhs would only go for this car unless he is a bachelor or a enthusiast. This is the most practical car in our country.