AMG1

ACI review: Maruti Ertiga

Dear Friends,

I drove this car (my friend has bought this 3 days back).

Total driving was for almost 2 hours for 200km which includes 50km in congested city traffic and 150km on highway between 2pm to 4pm. My feeling with this as below

1. We purposefully selected 7 of us to make it a full and and test. Most of them are taller than 5'8" and I am 5' 10" was driving most of the time.

2. Seating position in driving seat is very good where it   just look like sitting in my Ritz. Tilt steering adjustment is good to lift it up for a fellow like me who has long legs.

3. Driving is very smooth ( Its an LDI) with less cabin noise and very good pick up in full load.

4. Steering control is very smooth and visibility on all the sides is good.

5. Gearshift is smooth enough and acceleration is good.

6. AC is effective as it took 3 to 4 minutes to cool down the entire cabin ( glassess are sunfilmed with llumar normal which just under RTO limits ). I did not find any lack of power due to AC or full load of people.

7. Speed is good as I easily touched 130kmph ( beyond that I did not try because its a new vehcle)

8. In bumper to bumper traffic, the visibility in the front is good and can manage to get thru' the traffic easily.

9. I felt it took good cruising on highway at an average of 100kmph to 110kmph. There is no body roll and break works perfect

Overall my full marks to this LUV for its price, space, driving and seating comfort. More to this its a Suzuki vehicle so rest assured of mileage and maintenance free.

Its a good office going/family car with a best price in the segment and i expect numbers will go up very soon on the road.

At the same time there is also a decent possibility that it may be used as taxi as it can take 7 people with good luggage and economical.

After a lot of thinking I feel that this cannot be compared with any of the vehicles available in the market today as it is completely different

The Ertiga is an attractive option for customers looking to upgrade to a

sedan. Besides, families who had to earlier settle for Utility Vehicles

now have an option that is stylish, plush, spacious and attractively

priced.

All that, and if AC is a problem, you always have VCOOL smiley1.gif Will certainly help that problem go away...

Its a sensible car over the Innova or the Xylo so to compare where you do not have to spend a hefty amount to get premium features or a good family car. This one wins hands down...

It's a sure hit and first thing it will hit is the SX4. Its a sedan/MUV/large hatch rolled into one' date=' with the that sort of pricing it will kill many birds at one go. Maruti is going to have a many miles long waiting list with this product too. Maruti is in real trouble! Kind of trouble many auto makers would die for: unable to satiate demand for its products.[/quote']

Mark My words, such products creat huge buzz in market, but can't carry the flow to sell. I'm sure It'll repeat the story of Mahindra Voyger, Maruti Versa, Tata estate, Tata Indigo Marina,Ford Fusion & newest boy in the leage Skoda Yeti!

If you study the mentallity of  Indian Customers; then you'll come to know that when a cutomer crosses 5 lakh limit he either wan't a sedan or a SUV; they don't look at small MPVs or estates which may be far exellent and practicle for daily commute!

It'll take around 10 years to change this approch; as it happened in US @70s when people move from Muscle gas guzzlers to cute hot hatches!

@BF
Cooling was not that great' date=' it was slow but it was able to bring down the temperature taking maybe 5 minutes more than Swift in full heat at 2 in the afternoon. Considering the size and glass area, this was half expected. You will definitely need to add sunfilms on all the windows and probably V-kool on the front windshield. That would help a lot[/quote']

& after new regulation from Govt.; without any sunshade, ertiga (specially grey & black) will be serving as Solar Cooker in restaurents!smiley36.gif

The assistant told me it was the SX4 compressor' date=' which is very good in SX4 but not as efficient in Ertiga.

Those buying Ertiga need to set 20k on the side for a good set for sun films. This was the only flaw I was able to find in the car.[/quote']

Sun films aren't that much of costlly, If you bargain correctly. you can get the branded ones also about 6-7k.

Hi as i have booked ertiga zdi. please tell me its a best buy or not? I also ready in review that AC cooling is not good. So i should go for it or not?

If you can strech your budget or doesn't need to carry more than 5 at a time don't go for it!

On paper everything may be looking perfect, but belive me this kind of cars are not Heart graber & you will always had a feeling of sacrifice, so better to choose from following vehicles if your clearing above mentioned criterias:

1. Mahindra Xylo/Scorpio (If you need MPV)

2. Ford Fiesta Classic/ Nissan Sunny/Ford Figo/Volkswagon Polo (If you want to carry 5 & every single rupee spend on your vehicle to be value for mony)

3.Ford Fiesta(new)/Maruti Swift/Hundai Verna/Mitsubishi Lancer (If it's just going to be your toy & rear seats are going to occupy by Shoping bags)

Share your thoughts on this!

Maruti Ertiga MPV is proofed itself as the most utility vehicle. Sid you have taken good decision but I have heard that Ertiga DZI is having long waiting period.

As the demand for the top end version of Ertiga’s diesel version has surged dramatically. Due to the out stripping demand for the ZDi variant MSI has announced indefinite waiting period for the high end version of diesel ZDi version. Dealers suggest that the long waiting period is because of the supply constraint of alloy wheels that are affixed in the ZDi and ZXi versions.

Well, after all the buzz the Ertiga was making in the Automoblie Industry, i could not resent myself from test driving one.

So, i got my hands on a Ertiga Zdi. The car share's the same Swift platform, so its needless to say that the car drives really well. It is amazing at corners, has an outstanding grip to the road. It has a great view of the road, almost like a saloon. The 3rd row howsoever, is keen on seating two children comfortably, for two medium sized adults, it's not too comfortable. There is a general amount of turbo lag on the 1st and 2nd gears respectively, but after the 3rd gear the car thrusts on. The steering is unbelievably light and good to hold. The interiors are well done, a few plastics could have been better though. The air conditioning is very efficient. The seats are good, giving good support too !

Taking everything into the consideration, this car has been tailor made for Indian families. It can take in 7 people, not difficult to drive, and is priced at an amazing 5.89 lakhs for the base petrol and 7.30 for the base diesel.

Maruti has created a new segment, and has created a storm in the industry with both Honda and Fiat owing to launch their versions of the Mini-MPV's in India.

If you are keen on the car, and even more keen to bear the months long waiting period to get hold of one, Its the right car to opt for.

Since delivery of top end Ertiga was getting hampered due to unavailability of alloy wheels (not to mention the labor unrest) so MS has come up with alternative variant without alloy wheels.

But it seems (not sure) in doing so they have increased the price of car.

Also, the price difference vis-a-vis petrol/diesel models for alloys is inconsistent, 25k for diesel and 20k for petrol.

ex-delhi

ZDI BS IV (with alloys) - 860095

ZDI BS IV (without alloys) - 835095

ZXI BS IV (with alloys) - 740095

ZXI BS IV (without alloys) - 720095