Sign in to follow this  
Rajesh_M

Hyundai Eon long distance capability 380 kms

Hi, I have a question regarding Hyundai Eon long distance capability for 380 kms distance at one stretch. Can Hyundai Eon car with 814 cc engine with 3-cylinder, 55 bhp be used to travel for 380 kms from Bangalore to Chennai? Is the Eon car capable to do this distance in one stretch or do we need to give rest to the car and take breaks in between during the journey? Do I need  to carry additional engine coolant also just in case if the coolant runs out in highway? Pls advise. Thanks.

With a 43 litre fuel tank and with highway average of 15 kpl the Eon can easily cover 500kms in range if driven efficiently .

Please take 15 mins break every 2 hours its not for only the car but also for yourself because driven continuously for hours hampers judgement so just take a break even if you are not tired and stretch out.

... Do I need  to carry additional engine coolant also just in case if the coolant runs out in highway ?...

I see that this is your first post in our community.   Probably, you may

even be a new user of a four-wheeler.  That too, an entry level one.

Welcome to the group  of auto enthusiasts and experts.

Dear Rajesh, it will not run out (unless there is a leak of coolant). So, 

you need not carry any coolant additionally.  Nor, worry about it. 

As rightly pointed out by `rssh', do give (take) some rest after every

two hours or so (or about 130 to 150 kms).   I usually take a break after

3 hours of continuous driving in my Xylo (about 200 to 250 kms) just

for taking a bite and a limca. 

rameshbabu.n2012-04-08 22:53:49

@Rajesh, Even I recommend a break after 2 hrs, if possible, open the bonnet after 2 hrs of continuous run.

Have delicious briyani at Ambur, which comes exactly half way, that way 2 things are addressed.

Do not redline frequently, stay at 2000-2500rpm on 5th gear as much as possible.

Hi ... I am very new at the Forum. Need suggestions and opinions frim experts please. I want to drive from Goa to Kolkata which is approximately 2100 kms. I will be driving by Hyundai Eon Era+. Can Hyundai Eon car with 814 cc engine with 3-cylinder, 55 bhp be used to travel this distance ? What are the stop gaps I should give ? Do I need to carry any extra emergency kit or something ? Please help me in this regard. I dintknow how to ask . The only option came is to reply for someone else s post. So I chose to write here.