librankur

Petrol cars get even cheaper

Maruti , Hyundai and Honda have decided to increase dealer commissions and discounts on petrol variants to boot their sales. GM to follow suit.

The Current Dealer Margins are

Petrol Cars - 4 %

Diesel Cars - 4 %

after this news revised dealer Margins will be

Petrol Cars - 10 %

Diesel cars - 4 %

So next time you go shopping for a new car , you know how much more can you bargain down your price to. (upto 10% more)

Happy Petrol Car Shopping !!!

smiley32.gif

I've never seen bargaining done for cars???

What the dealer quotes in the brochure is the final right...

Of course he will start off with a whole lot of freebies and cash discounts by himself so beyond that it's not possible i suppose

I've never seen bargaining done for cars???
What the dealer quotes in the brochure is the final right...
Of course he will start off with a whole lot of freebies and cash discounts by himself so beyond that it's not possible i suppose

what ....you never bargained ....

The freebies and cash discounts that you are talking about , were earlier given by dealers to clear excess inventory within the 4 % bracket , now its 10 % , so now you have an extra 6 % to play with.

A CAR in my understanding is now the single most expensive purchase a household ever makes , so it would help a common household save a lot if he can bargain to his fullest , i have deliberately put HOME aside because most have scaled down their need of owning a house to renting one.

footmats , clocks , religious idols , perfumes , body covers , insurance premium waivers , knowing about all discounts that apply to your profile and claiming them etc. are other ways to bargain , i am sure atleast you would have done that.

Maruti ' date=' Hyundai and Honda have decided to increase dealer commissions and discounts on petrol variants to boot their sales. GM to follow suit.

The Current Dealer Margins are

?

Petrol Cars - 4 %

Diesel Cars - 4 %

?

after this news revised dealer Margins will be

?

Petrol Cars - 10 %

Diesel cars - 4 %

?

So next time you go shopping?for a new car?, you know how much more can you bargain down your price to. (upto 10% more)

?

Happy Petrol Car Shopping !!!

?

? smiley32.gif
[/quote']

I'm planning to buy a VW polo 1.2 in the next couple of months. I have started my pre buying routine, like dealer inquiries, financing options etc. But I believe the VW dealer is reluctant to offer a single goodie/discount. However, I've made my point clear about having discounts and free goodies but ever since then I have not heard from them. Its been a week. Initially they used to call everyday, as if they are selling a credit card to me. Since you mentioned about increasing dealer margin, I think I should not leave any stone unturned to get my best deal. According to normal practice, what kind of discounts and goodies I can expect and are reasonable to ask?

I've never seen bargaining done for cars???What the dealer quotes in the brochure is the final right...Of course he will start off with a whole lot of freebies and cash discounts by himself so beyond that it's not possible i suppose

I think stiff competition is working in consumers favour, shopping for cars has somewhat become like shopping for vegetables in India. people bargain to the fullest for cash discounts, goodies to free insurance, extended warranty etc. It is also very important to know the time of bargain, usually at the mid- end of the month because dealers have to achieve their sales target and would go that extra mile for you.

A friend of mine bought a jazz about 3 months ago and believe it or not he managed a discount of 65k + goodies and free insurance. He followed the same practice of haggling around mid- end of the month. Also, make them know that you are serious about your purchase and will visit other dealers. They will bend over backwards.

Happy haggling.

@kuntal

If you are so fond of the VW group , you really missed out on the "Once in a lifetime offer" by them where you were being given discounts across all the bases you covered

The deal was initially for the month of December but because of the backlog of unsold cars it continued to the better half of Feb - March 12.So for starter you have the range you can play with (in the lines of the just ended scheme) now add the excise increase and that shoud be your price for the new car.

If backdated models of the same car dont bother you and they still have them go for them coz nothing had changed on the new model barring price hike.Tried for Vento Highline in the month of December 11 , could only manage a 50K discount as per the offer , i let it go,  later got a cool 82K on the exact same car , this Feb 12 in delhi (car for commercial  purpose so not in my personal car list )  only thing bad is i that i could only manage the colour black, but for that price cut was willing to go for it , offcouse a 2011 model.

Happy Bargaining and best of luck on your new purchase.
librankur2012-04-25 13:42:43

@kuntal

If you are so fond of the VW group ...

If backdated models of the same car dont bother you and they still have them go for them coz nothing had changed on the new model barring price hike

Kuntal , You will be happy with the cuts now , VW 2011 models are 1Lakh cheaper , do take a second look. Also, petrol 2012 models of Polo are 60 K cheaper

I beg to disagree. Snob value is still sky high for brands like Honda & Toyota. I have been contemplating on my buying decision for over a month now, however dealers in western part of delhi are real blood *******s. Especially honda as they are not ready to offer even a single rupee discount.

I beg to disagree. Snob value is still sky high for brands like Honda & Toyota. I have been contemplating on my buying decision for over a month now' date=' however dealers in western part of delhi are real blood *******s. Especially honda as they are not ready to offer even a single rupee discount.[/quote']

I did not get what are you disagreeing on .Who said anything about Honda or Toyota ? i am clueless , even if it was said , in what context?? care to fill me up here.

Let me try once again,

Discounts are on PETROL models of all brands , which DONT have waiting periods on them

You mentioned HONDA

They have waiting period on BRIO and JAZZ so no discounts there but on the CITY you do get a discount of 5K(Corporate )

Similarly,

You mentioned TOYOTA

There are discounts on LIVA and ETIOS (22.5K)

, consider this post and reply back with the model you are buying.

@librankur

I'm delighted about the 60k discount on Polo 2012. Bad part is I'm traveling on business, so not in touch with my VW sales rep. However he is very inefficient, he has never cared to reply to my queries and concerns. In fact I am updated about VW pricing and offers through you.

In what form are the discounts offered? It better be cash.

I saw the GOLF GTI in London looks amazing, I guess we are not going to have that in India. Also, Even the base Polo in Europe comes with airbags and rear discs brakes and alloy wheels as standard. Something our country is very lenient on, safety in cars.

Consider me your sales rep .then smiley2.gif

AIRBAGS are not a FAD in india , they are just seen as wastefull expenditure , people talk more about the amount it takes to replace the balloon rather than the lives it saves.

There are not many i20 takers , perhaps the only certified car in its segment , Swift Z variants are also not very well taken , buyers stop at the V segment , coz Z means airbags for them and they are ...

When i wanted airbags for my new vehicle , the sales guy say , sir no need , very strong vehicle , buy a fancy number instead from us for the same cost.

FOOLS RUNNING LOOSE

Just relax my friend, please don't get worked up for no rhyme or reason. I guess its a given & the world knows it that there will be no discounts extended on models which have a waiting period.

The thread reads petrol cars so i don't care who said what, I was trying to share my personal experience which apparently is for Honda City & Altis. Its not just Honda, I guess most of the manufactures are offering corporate discount, however dealer discount is not been offered by no dealers whatsoever in western part of Delhi.

thanks librankur. i just wrote an email to my consultant about the same. I hope he understands that I'm serious about my purchase. Although he has never replied to my earlier mails. I'm hoping he would this time around.

sorry to go off topic with this but I am getting a garmin navigator for 89 USD is it worth picking it up?

Also do you think its advisable to go for 2 din in dash entertainment system with navigation?

Recommend:- brand, speakers, cost? nothing too exorbitant.

@kuntal

There is no such availability in india at below 5k, its a good buy , the operative word here remaining , AFTER SALES SUPPORT

DO write back with the exact model so that we can compare it with what we have in India , In mumbai alone their are 3 dealers for Garmin , the largest one being at Bandra(W) .

IN DASH AVN has to go with the CURVES of your dash for the 2 DIN SPACE, choose the one that compliments the curves on your vehicles dash .

In India , a good IN DASH AVN can set you back by almost 40K ,  A universal type could cost you 30K,though there loads of chinese ones also .

If you get a one from where you are now , and its at a steal or fraction of the price i mentioned , i could be a good buy , the operative word still remaining , AFTER SALES SERVICE / SUPPORT

Not a big fan of music , anything or nothing , will do for me.

Just relax my friend' date=' please don't get worked up for no rhyme or reason. I guess its a given & the world knows it that there will be no discounts extended on models which have a waiting period.

The thread reads petrol cars so i don't care who said what, I was trying to share my personal experience which apparently is for Honda City & Altis. Its not just Honda, I guess most of the manufactures are offering corporate discount, however dealer discount is not been offered by no dealers whatsoever in western part of Delhi.
[/quote']

I am hoping what you see posted in the thread CURRENT CAR DISCOUNTS for today 16/05/2012 makes you understand what i had been saying all along. Discounts are everywhere...

Sale: $89.9

Garmin - nuvi 40 GPS

Model: 010-00990-01

Garmin nuvi 50 GPS

Price- 108 $

Model: 010-00991-01

ok, I do agree with you on the after sales part. Again how convenient it is to load our local maps, thats something I am not sure about. Upgrade etc.

About in dash navigation, there is a US company called BOSS since 1988, making in dash infotainment, in the range of 300 to 500 USD, and some of them are good ones. But again ASS is an issue and I have never heard about this company before or its products.

Sale: $89.9

Garmin - nuvi 40 GPS

Model: 010-00990-01

Garmin nuvi 50 GPS
Price- 108 $
Model: 010-00991-01

I am hoping this eases you a bit , prices at which you are getting the product is practically half of what we have in Delhi. Read more

I have deleted some content as they had hyperlinks

With nuvi 40LM and 50LM Garmin is targeting affordable market segment, The devices will come with free maps of Singapore and Malaysia also

New Delhi, May 15, 2012- Garmin Corporation, a unit of Garmin Ltd., the global leader in satellite navigation, today entered the mass market with the launch of nuvi 40LM and 50LM devices. To be priced at Rs 8450 and Rs 9990 for nuvi 40LM and 50LM respectively, Garmin is making sure that people with limited use of GPS features should also enjoy the advantages of technology. Meanwhile, Garmin announced its new India office grand open in Jasola, New delhi.

The devices will come with free maps of Singapore and Malaysia, two of the most visited places by Indian vacationers. In India, NAVTEQ Maps power portable navigation devices (PNDs) by worldwide leading navigation brand, Garmin. These devices like other Garmin devices will have broadcast in Hindi and Indian English. The step was taken to provide easier solution to the users and direct them to their final destination.

These devices like other Garmin devices will have broadcast in Hindi and Indian English. The step was taken to provide easier solution to the users and direct them to their final destination.

I like your statement about incorporating Indian English smiley36.gif Though its a good strategy but I guess they have failed to consider that we very well understand European and American accents.

Thanks for that. Its half the price here. I think after sales for garmin should not be an issue. Its local american companies thats bothering me. Anyway I shall stay clear and look for something available locally. I browsed the reliance autozone website and they have advertised two din touch system for 20k INR. I remember one of the brands was Pioneer.

I browsed the reliance autozone website and they have advertised two din touch system for 20k INR. I remember one of the brands was Pioneer.

Where did you see pricing on the items on the website, i could find none , post link here ,if possible, else PM me the link