Sstar

My New Ritz Ldi

After a wait of almost a year, planning, thinking of options and evaluating them on various psotives and negatives, on Feb 20 2012 we booked Ritz Ldi at Rana motors with a delivery date given to us was March 11, 2012 which was almost a month. To our surprise we were shock to know the waiting on Ritz diesel as we were in the impression that it gets delivered in 2 - 5 days. Anyways, it was not that too high for us.

On March 11, 2012, my complete family went to pick the keys of our new member in the family. We had order some accessories like front PW, central locking, gear lock, wheel caps and side rub rail. All these accessory were pre-fitted by RANA motors before we came to the showroom to pick the car. And it was only some paper work which was needed from our side to get out on the road in new car.

Initial Ownership Review Comments from my father who is driving our Ritz for his daily commute of about 80 to 85 KM.

Mileage - As per my father, the Ritz is already giving us 19 KMPL in Delhi/NCR traffic with occasionally AC on (summers you know). This look amazing to me keeing in mind that my father traverses through some of the busiest place in Delhi where bumper to bumper traffic is very common.

Comfort - well this is the parameter which I think only ladies can judge because they are not driving rather enjoying the ride. And if they said good....then it is good. :)

Space - in our family the mean height is 5.7 (total members 5) and so far 4 people have travelled in it many times...there are no complaints. In fact they dont want to travel in our baby M800 anymore :( sad.

Pickup - As i mentioned earlier that my father is having  enthu driving style so I can update here that "he's lovin it". Spacially when turbo kicks in he likes to rev it.

Accessories update - Added additional floor mat (rubber ones) of 800 Rs. Seat Cover - 3500 Rs. The only thing which is left is stereo for which they are waiting for me to join the family first. So i'll update the forum some time in April.

This review I also posted on some other thread which I created to share my queries and get answers from ACI members.

My view: So far I have drove it for around 80 KM in one day in city travel

Congrats Sstar on your MJD beauty.

Actually, the MJDs opens up after 5k kms, so take utmost care on her atleast till 3k.

Hope you changed the Oil & its filter in her 1st service, if not do it while you go to MASS.

Is your 4 6" include 2 Compos, if not try to change if Reliance exchanges.

Congrats Sstar on your MJD beauty.

Actually' date=' the MJDs opens up after 5k kms, so take utmost care on her atleast till 3k.

Hope you changed the Oil & its filter in her 1st service, if not do it while you go to MASS.

Is your 4 6" include 2 Compos, if not try to change if Reliance exchanges.
[/quote']

Thanks bala. Yes we did changed filter and oil along with gasket. Actually, I forgot to mention this in issue list as during first service, when my father inspected the car from underneath, he discovered that there is a very little oil leakage. When he asked the service supervisor then he suggested to change the gasket and told us that this is something usual and need not to be worried.

Btw...what is compos? Please suggest. I would then be able to explain you.

And help me in posting images as I could not post it though I tried to copy paste directly in text area for writing comments.

1. what is compos? Please suggest. I would then be able to explain you.

2. And help me in posting images as I could not post it though I tried to copy paste directly in text area for writing comments.

1. Components, those are double the price of co-ax and sounds twice good.

2. Try with different browser.

1. Components' date=' those are double the price of co-ax and sounds twice good.

2. Try with different browser.
[/quote']

No they have not used Compos, they are fitted with normal coaxicle wire with couplers to support them.

I do not have any other browser on my office laptop :). Is there any other way?
Sstar2012-05-01 05:14:04

@sstar

your experience makes it a compelling buy' date=' tell me more about the AC , is it a normal AC or the Climate control one.
[/quote']

Ritz does not come with Auto Aircon (i.e. Climate control), my Ritz has manual HVAC system with 4 speed fan adjustment. So far whatever the summer has been, AC is excellent. I use it on 1st level most of the time and occasionally turn it to 2nd level and after 10 minutes again bring it down to 1st level.

So no problem with cooling...it is very effective.

Thanks Nishu. Yeah I agree this is very late and you may know the reason as I shared this in my previous post as well.

Btw...I looked into my Service Invoice for the first service. I found that MSIP service center charged 3400 Rs. for oil change and this amount is for the synthetic oil that they refilled during first service.

I have a query...does synthetic oil have any impact on run-in period? I guess it has as my car Mileage is dropped my 1 KMPL ?

Can anyone would suggest on this please?

I have a query...does synthetic oil have any impact on run-in period? I guess it has as my car Mileage is dropped my 1 KMPL ?

?

Can anyone?would?suggest on this please?

No harm in using it.

But what's the main difference Synthetic oil makes is that it makes the engine to Rev more quickly by its better lubrication properties. So which in Initial Run-In period isn't advised, generally.

So, better is that Mineral Oil should be used atleast till Initial 5-7k kms.

But many manufacturers recommend only Synthetic Oil use for their products like Skoda, VW, FIAT, etc.

& As far as i remember, Maruti has also shifted to the use of Synthetic engine Oil for its BS-IV diesel cars.

So, if Service centre advises it, then there's no harm in using it.

FE drop may be due to changing weather or different Traffic or Variable driving style.

So, better is to wait & check it out 2-3 times before reaching onto any solid conclusion.

Goodluck.

@Nishu: Thanks Nishu. I will update this post about my next observation.

Accessory updates:

Added rear parcel for Rs. 400. from external market. Price of the same from RANA Motors Rs. 1200 only.

Need advice on rear parking censors. Any specific thing that I should take care of while getting them fitted? Any brand, delear in Gurgaon. etc

Recently

Need advice on rear parking censors. Any specific thing that I should take care of while getting them fitted? Any brand' date=' delear in Gurgaon. etc

[/quote']

Check out : Reliance Autozone , Level 1, Ambience Mall, Ph: 0124 4665583

Up until recently they were offering the Car Reverse Parking System at a FLAT 52% Off

One of their car reverse parking system that retailed for 3100 was going for 1499

Check with them for the current offer on the same , before making the trip.

@Sstar;

Go for any Aftermarket Parking Sensors, but beware of Cutting & Splicing of the stock wiring of the car while its Installation as it'll lead to voiding of the Maruti Suzuki product Warranty.

@Sstar;
Go for any Aftermarket Parking Sensors' date=' but beware of Cutting & Splicing of the stock wiring of the car while its Installation as it'll lead to voiding of the Maruti Suzuki product Warranty.[/quote']

Thanks Nishu, How much do you think it would cost me? and Which would be the best pick in terms of brand?

Need advice on rear parking censors. Any specific thing that I should take care of while getting them fitted? Any brand' date=' delear in Gurgaon. etc

[/quote']

Check out : Reliance Autozone , Level 1, Ambience Mall, Ph: 0124 4665583

Up until recently they were offering the Car Reverse Parking System at a FLAT 52% Off

One of their car reverse parking system that retailed for 3100 was going for 1499

Check with them for the current offer on the same , before making the trip.

Thanks librankur, it is very near to my home. Will pay a visit.

@ Sstar

Good to know you live near buy the store.

While you are there also check for :

1) GPRS / GSM based Car Tracking devices that they might have.

2) IN DASH AVN with input for Reverse Parking Camera.

Do post what you find out here. Brands and pricing....

Thanking you in advance.

Problem

guys, I am facing issues with Pioneer system in my Ritz. It is a CD/FM/Aux however, I have noticed that when i plug-in any phone/ipod, the rear end left speaker stops working. However, if I use CD or FM then all four speakers work fine. I have sony X-plod 4 speakers each in each door.

Can someone suggest me what could be the problem?

I too face a very similar problem. In my case, front and rear right side works, while playing radio or cd, all four sings.

Do check if you are also facing similar problem. Check fad-balance and check if its front and back or right or left.

Any which case, it points to a FAULTY HU.

Any which case' date=' it points to a FAULTY HU.[/quote']

I am facing almost ditto problem but the only difference in what you shared in your response and in my issue is that in my case I noticed that only Rear-Left side speaker does not work fine. Rest of the 3 speakers (both front and rear-right) work fine in all three modes (CD/FM/AUX).

Does this mean I have to ask the seller to change the HU? Is there any chance that Aux cable can be at fault as well?
Sstar2012-05-22 09:27:40

@Sstar:

Congrats for the Ritz,its really one gem of a car and the practicality it offers is really mind blowing.

About the ICE problem,it sounds like your head unit has some minor problem.Just get it checked quite soon.

WHAT ABOUT SOME PICS?TSiVipul2012-05-22 09:37:48

@Sstar:
Congrats for the Ritz' date='its really one gem of a car and the practicality it offers is really mind blowing.

About the ICE problem,it sounds like your head unit has some minor problem.Just get it checked quite soon.

WHAT ABOUT SOME PICS?[/quote']

Thanks TSI. you are right it is a mature practical car.

On ICE, I am planning to visit the vendor this weekend as weekend is the only time I can visit.

For pics...I dont know how to upload them as I dont see a Browse button when I click the tree icon on the reply post section

@Sstar:

The problem seems to be with your Aux-In cable, which might be supporting 2.1 or 5.1 sound outputs, which may lead to differential speaker working.

Try to replace it with new, properly functioning one.

Later on its HU can be blamed, i think.

For pic uploading;

Upload the pic at Imagesharing site first & then copy the link of the uploaded image & paste it here on 'Post reply' column as in a manner

Where,'......' represents the link to the Image, uploaded at Image sharing site.

Please Note: Upload the Images of 'Large Thumbnail' size or not more than 640x480 resolution.