Sstar

My New Ritz Ldi

Guys,

Recently I have been to on Highways (NH-1) and I drove my Ritz straight up to Wagah Border from Gurgaon. The whole journey was around 1078 KM which we covered in 2 days. The overall experience of driving for fun and quite relaxing.

During this run, i found that driving Ritz with over 100 KMPH speed with 5 adults in cabin and 2 soft bags was not at all a stress on the DDiS engine (a.ka. FIAT Multijet). This engine is really a gem and does not let you down on need of power, acceleration, FE or NVH. In fact, when i was driving at 80 to 100 KMPH I felt that it is running very slow. I mean this was kind of enthusiasm that I got while i drove it on NH-1.

Personally, on ride quality, I would rate it between 7 to 8 out of 10 points and the only reason that 2/3 points are not given is because many times I found diversions on NH-1 and on a speed of 100 + it was some how difficult to manager the body roll on high speed. However, when I used to slow down before the the diversion comes then it was not a problem till 80KMPH of speed.

FE wise, we got 19.64 KM of overall fuel efficiency with all time A/c on which includes driving from Gurgaon through Delhi to jump on to NH-1, diversions (which were too may), a more than 1 hour bumper to bumper drive in Ludhiana and then drive in Amritsar (as we went to Harmindar Sahib - Golden Temple) and return drive through Delhi to Gurgaon.

This was the first journey that I took on our Ritz and I throughly enjoyed it. I am posting a pick here.

yQWWo.jpg

Just to share, I am planning another trip in September month to Rishikesh this time. And I think that would be a total of 700 KM of journey (from & to Gurgaon).

Hi Guys,

After a long time, I am updating this thread.

Updates: Done 7000 KM in approx 6 months, with a FE of 17 KMPL within city and 20 KPML on highway. Overall, 15% highway and 85% city driving.

Recently, my father while parking the car - just smashed the car into the Pole from rear...However, luckly, nothing much happened as bad as the sound was but just got a scretch on the bumper.

However, one issue that I have been noticing for last couple of days. The issue is, I have seen some engine oil drops on the ground just under the hood. The amount is just few drops though I wanted to know people's opinion here. Is it something serious?

Please share your opinions.

Edited by Sstar

However, one issue that I have been noticing for last couple of days. The issue is, I have seen some engine oil drops on the ground just under the hood. The amount is just few drops though I wanted to know people's opinion here. Is it something serious?

Please share your opinions.

Firstly make sure that its an Oil or something else & then try to bend for your car, to see where it's exactly dripping from below.

If it dripping from the engine, then there seems to be 2 probabilities;

1) Since you've been for a long drive on ups & downs of the road to Ludhiana & Amritsar. I know how's the road actually is ??

so, have you hit on the car's underbody by a stone or a pebble or something else, while onto your journey.

2) Or another chance may be of the loose oil drain bolt, which might can happen if:

-It was left loose by the Service centre guys or

-It might have become loose due to the engine vibes itself, since the engine of your car have gone through a sternous drive of ~1000kms.

IMHO, the problem seems to be of the type, explained just above.

@Nishu, Thanks buddy.

I went to service center just after coming back from the trip (for 2nd service in Aug 2012) and asked their personel to lift the car so that I can see under the body. I found that there was not any underbody damage. At that time, the oil dipping was there and when I asked about the cause then the service personnel said it is comign from intercooler and it happens when the car has run high speeds for long hours. Truly speaking, I did not feel satisfied with his answer but after the service was done. There was no complaint of such issue for about 2 months.

Also, though the road condition was not so good at certain places, but we made sure nothing such incidence should happen with the car.

In fact we complaint about this issue before as well during the first service which happened in the April 2012 month. At that time my father took the car to the service center and he has also observed this issue (which I updated in this thread) but that time it was faulty gasket which was then replaced and resolved the issue.

Morevoer this issue has started occuring again after futher completing 1000 KM after the trip. And recently, in last two-three weeks ago I again saw those oily patches on the floor where we park the car. Since the floor is cemented so it was easier for us to touch the surface to judge whether it is oil or something else. I found it is oil. And it only happens when car is parked for overnight. Though the quantity is like few drops only.

In fact i asked my father to observer this behaviour in his office too...but so far he as not seen similar patches in his office parking area (that is too cemented one). So I am not sure what exactly is happening here...and little worried as well. :unsure:

Update on Oil issue:

Interestingly, after reporting this issue in this thread...I kept on watching it closely however, it seems to be gone. I dont know what exactly had corrected this but I am surprised this.

Update:

Some time back my car has accidently hit the pole from behind when my father was parking it. It was a big thud sound and for a sudden my father and me were both got one beat skip out of our hearts.

But interesting thing is that not much damage to the rear. The bumper went inside completely and came out on it own. However, there is a scrach of a size of finger on the bumper and a ball pen point dent on the boot door.

I will update further on the fix soon.

FE Updates

It has been 1 year & 1 month now and my car has driven 12100 KM till today morning. I thought to update some figures on FE front.

Mostly, it is being used for Gurgaon-Delhi-Gurgaon run via MG road which stays crowded even at 11 o clock in the night and then we all know about Delhi, how good it is with traffic management.

However, after taking all these conditions in consideration, I have noticed the FE is at 17 KMPL with AC and 20 KMPL was the figure during winter times (i.e. without AC). These are pure city commuting figures and I expect a -1 KMPL as the summer progresses in Northern India. But so far so good....isn't it... :)

Edited by Sstar

I just bought Jopasu Car Duster yesterday and used it in today morning....believe me or not. It work far far better then the regular wet cloth cleaning done by cleaner.

My father (who was earlier making fun of me in the evening on buying this product at 500 Rs) was completely amaze to see the goodness of the job done by it.

I highly endorse it to other ACIans for their beloved ones. :)

It has been around 1 year now, so time to update some information on my Ritz as well.

The car has done 17310 KM as on today and it is running it absolutely plush condition, touch wood no fault, rattles, or repairs as of now. I have been continuously using it for my office commute and as well as for weekend Gurgaon-Delhi-Gurgaon run as well. It is very satisfying experience so far.

On Accessory front, I have not added much of them, just the basic but useful ones are available as I am against of any flashy stuff.

The car is giving me 17 KMPL in CIty and sometimes even more, but 17 is good enough from a city driving point of view. I will be sharing latest photos soon.

Edited by Sstar

Hey guys,

Recently did the 2nd year end / 20000 KM service of my Ritz, ODO was showing 18400 KM though but time wise it was the time. No complaints from my side, the car was running smooth. Total amount spent 11K.... :( MS is now not cheap.

Here is the breakup of expense..use Zoom to view.

post-6529-0-37004100-1395818762_thumb.jp

Edited by Sstar

Reading part-wise cost breakup, i won't say its expensive.

All the jobs performed are mandatory & every job done is essential to keep the car moving swiftly for lacs of kms.

Haven't they replaced it gear/transmission oil ?

& what's there in Service kit ?

As a remarks, You would have saved couple of grands if opted for Mineral engine oil instead of Synthetic one but IMHO the money spend on synthetic engine oil is well spend. There're two reasons for it -First being the engine oil life, for mineral it's ~5k kms while for synthetic it's almost double plus you'll get improved NVH & better engine refinement.

Why did they use mobil 1 shouldn't they use Mobil devlac1 which is made for diesel engine also the rate at which they have charge you is very high almost 1100 bucks/ litre. I buy it for around 800 bucks/litre , also don't opt for service kit they include engine flushing (which isn't required for normal maintained vehicle) then oil treatment which are just additives then they add greasing which is good for for all of this charging 1600 bucks is too much. Also did you opt for turbo intercooler cleaning ? It is unnecessary unless specified on manual ,next time take out your manual when he starts writting job card and prepare to ask question if the same is not specified on manual.

Wheel alignment and balancing is a 350 buck job and the tyre shops have better callibrated machine than most service centres. Also there is no fuel filter change which in itself is a costly item and you will have to change at 30k kms.

There is a direct saving of 2500 bucks for unnecessary items on the list. Also mineral oil last easily for 10k kms and synthetic oil for 15k kms (I have run almost 14k kms on synthetic and will service next month)

This is surely expensive.

When was your last service,? how much it cost you then.?

@Librankur

It was around 6K to 8K (and I think I have updated in this thread as well). That service was done under 3 first free services which was also at the end of 10K KMs. This time it was for 2nd Year or 20K KMs.

Haven't they replaced it gear/transmission oil ?

& what's there in Service kit ?

As a remarks, You would have saved couple of grands if opted for Mineral engine oil instead of Synthetic one but IMHO the money spend on synthetic engine oil is well spend. There're two reasons for it -First being the engine oil life, for mineral it's ~5k kms while for synthetic it's almost double plus you'll get improved NVH & better engine refinement.

@ NIshu

Yes they did.

Even I thought to go for mineral oil this time but I did not go for it considering your experience with the NVH. I wanted to keep the car as smooth as possible.

Why did they use mobil 1 shouldn't they use Mobil devlac1 which is made for diesel engine also the rate at which they have charge you is very high almost 1100 bucks/ litre. I buy it for around 800 bucks/litre , also don't opt for service kit they include engine flushing (which isn't required for normal maintained vehicle) then oil treatment which are just additives then they add greasing which is good for for all of this charging 1600 bucks is too much. Also did you opt for turbo intercooler cleaning ? It is unnecessary unless specified on manual ,next time take out your manual when he starts writting job card and prepare to ask question if the same is not specified on manual.

On engine oil front I am not sure as most of the service centres brings a big drum of engine oil and refill cars from taking out of it. But I will enquire when I visit them for my Alto in next month.

Yes, they cleaned it intercooler in front of me. And I feel the NVH and turbo clutter noise gone down.

Wheel alignment and balancing is a 350 buck job and the tyre shops have better callibrated machine than most service centres. Also there is no fuel filter change which in itself is a costly item and you will have to change at 30k kms.

Sure, will keep an eye on this change at time of 30K KM service.

There is a direct saving of 2500 bucks for unnecessary items on the list. Also mineral oil last easily for 10k kms and synthetic oil for 15k kms (I have run almost 14k kms on synthetic and will service next month)

Yes, even my plan also is to not change engine oil if my car does not clock enough KMs till next service.