Sign in to follow this  
creativebala

No more TINTS from today - HC

540x590_af.jpg

Only car windows that have

been tinted by the manufacturers are allowed; besides this, all

vehicles with any percentage of tinted film have to remove it, even if

it is within permissible limits - 70% transparency in the front and rear

windows and 50% transparency on side windows.

Traffic police will launch

a massive drive to remove films Friday onwards, when the SC order comes

into effect. If the film is not removed, the car may even be impounded.

The Supreme Court judgment said, "The directions contained in this

judgment shall become operative and enforceable with effect from 4th

May, 2012." The court has ruled that traffic police "shall also remove

the black films from the offending vehicles."

"In accordance to

the apex court's order, we will be prosecuting any vehicle found with

tinted film on the window. Irrespective of the percentage of the tinted

film, challans will be issued and the tinted film removed immediately.

If the vehicle owner resists the removal of tinted film, the car will be

immediately impounded," said joint commissioner of police (traffic)

Satyendra Garg.

TOI

creativebala2012-05-04 07:12:13

@ creativebala

why do these drives have to happen in the SUMMER SEASON , where are the transport officials in the WINTERS

aka they should be allowed in SUMERS and BANNED in WINTERS

smiley2.gif

Summer or winter, I would bat for safety first.

I am all against Tints. My Swift doesn't have any and I strongly object anyone to Tint unless they master Driving skills.

I still wonder, how people are driving in rainy nights with tints, its like welcoming accidents with open hands.

so, my take, No Tints, be safe ( Both while travelling as well as what Govt. points)

IMHO, Govt should relax slightly and say, TINT in Front Windshield shall be permitted but should be utmost transparent.

As,

1. It saves life in time of collision.

2. Some basic cars comes without it.

3. If we have OEs, we need to change them after say 5-7yrs owing to fine scratches.

@ bala I completely agree with your view .. even my car does not have tints but this was possible only because of the superb ac by the manufacturer otherwise tints are must for cooling.

I think good quality tints provide protection from UV as well as good visibility. Government should allow at least tints with good visibility

An avoidable and irritant issue for the millions of car users. It is always easy to pass a resolution but difficult to get it implemented, in it's right earnest. See the PUC certification, for example. How many cars now a days carry these certificates/stickers. So, is the case with using helmets, half blackening the headlights, etc., etc.,

Each such resolution will only affect two sections.

One, who is selling these (negative impact) and

Two, the traffic police on the street (positive impact).

Now, every tom **** and harry policeman can stop you anytime and demand money for allowing you to go.

One more step by Govt for strengthening corruption by

the already corrupt personnel from RTA and Traffic Police Departments accross India.

Stupid decision. Once upon a time, the Govt similarly passed a resolution to ban internet telephony. We know what had happened to that. And, the same thing will happen now.

Personally I don't endorse the move against sun-reflective films. Even if they intend to ban them, a particular % should be permitted. In case its going to be a blanket ban, let it be for VIP, VVIP, etc. vehicles too, no exceptions.

Considering the weather of the Country, sun films play an important part. In the hot summers up-North, without the sun films, A.C. effectiveness will be greatly reduced. 

The in-effectiveness of the Police/Authorities to curb crime has resulted in this move. Will this move realistically bring the crime graph down? I really do not think so. I will always oppose such dictatorial blanket moves.

Wish sense prevails...!

so the authorities think crime could be brought down just by having clear window glasses .

next they would ban 2 Wheelers - if they could prove that most of the criminals escape on two wheelers after they have commited a crime.

or may be ban Car - if they could prove that most of the Car owners are target by these criminals on two wheelers.

@rameshbabu.n

i cant say for other states but in delhi , PUC certificates are a must , these are a must and now they have even upped the same to Rs80 for three months., and god forbid the guys has to move in order to tighten a screw , this could make the bill go way up .

Just look at the collection they are making

@bornfree

no one was spared in delhi,mps,civilians,even army personals were brought to task,in all , 4915 challans on day one.everyone was on traffic police radar as per your liking.

Posts merged: Use the Edit option instead of posting back to back posts. Quote option can also be used.
BornFree2012-05-05 04:31:04

@creativebala

Are Chennai police seriously implementing this rule ?

If so, I need to think twice before bringing my Xylo to Chennai. In AP, it is yet to catch on. Let me know the status in Chennai.

@goenkakushal

What's the scene in Mumbai ?

Rest of Maharashtra ?rameshbabu.n2012-05-05 16:51:38

Reason of banning tinted glass sounds crazy ? Anti social elements moving behind dark tinted glasses ?   How about moving with masked faces on bikes I found lots of them on bikes ? Hope they don't ban bikes ? Keep praying ,

Not a good move and very difficult to implement. Extravaganza for Traffic police. Is it applicable for all over india or Delhi only?

In hyderabad, I drove arround 150km in last three days (with permissible tints), no traffic police stpooed me.

It appears that the ban is only in NCR area (covering Delhi, Gurgaon and surrounding areas).   Because the RTA is a state subject, it can not be implemented on a pan-India level, unless each state's RTA decides to implement it. So, be on the lookout and SHARE THE INFORMATION SO THAT ALL OUR FORUM MEMBERS AND THEIR FRIENDS CAN BENEFIT FROM SUCH INFORMATION.

rameshbabu.n2012-05-07 17:49:29

Its for INDIA .

Have confirmed reports from GUJRAT , After threats to the refineries in GUJRAT , the police their have stepped into DELHI shoes. PUNJAB , HP are also in.

In delhi its going on in a massive way , even NCR vehicles and all other states vehicles entering DELHI are being stripped of their sun films.

Its like you can run but cannot hide, here

In a classic case of "I am an indian", none of us here have taken up the responsibility of opposing this nonsense..

What is the benefit if in a forum like this we all cry our hearts out?

I have been trying to contact the highest authority to give this case another look.

I have drafted a  mail as well..

But I need you're help. Whether as ACI'an or as individual.

All i need are these..

1.) name

2.) State

3.) city

4.) signature

If everyone (or at least some) are ready to give me these details.. I"m ready to mail a draft you can all attest it and send it back..

We can either send it as a concern raised by ACI or we can raise this collectively as citizens of India...

Please respond.

I am in for it.

You can send the details to me at   nrb.per@gmail.com

I will sign and send it to the appropriate address directly (or to you, if you are pooling such applications...).

Let us at least record our dissent.  Those jokers may not listen or act.

But, at least, let us record our displeasure and show our dissent.

@sham

great idea.

Start a POLL here , i have seen a POLL feature on this board but never seen anyone using it in my brief history here.You will know the general mood of the people on this board.

Else start as a new topic here (With your intended DRAFT), and everyone commenting will be your supporters.

Ankur Gupta

Delhi

New Delhi