rugs_tachy

Tyre Upsize for Tata Indigo CS

Hi All,

I have a 2008 Tata Indigo CS Tdi and it has clocked 47,000 Kms and I will be shortly needing to decide a correct tyre.

I really do not want to go back to stock tyres. My current tyre profile is Bridgestone 175/65 R 14 (Tube type). Could you please suggest me a correct upsize.

I was really looking at Apollo's Accelere range. I have put an Apollo on my Zen and performance vis-a-vis longevity is good, hence will look closely at Apollo. However if you could please suggest me some other manufacturers based on your experience would be useful.

I have another query as well. Can I put the current Tata Indigo e-CS headlamps on my 2008 Tata Indigo CS?

Cheers!

I really do not?want to go back to stock tyres. My current tyre profile is Bridgestone 175/65 R 14 (Tube type). Could you please suggest me a correct upsize.

You can go for 185/60 R14 or 195/55 R14 set of tyres.

Please note that as the Tyre width increases & Side profile decreases' date=' the Ride of the car will get Harsher or less comfy but one the other hand, the Steering response will get more Sharper & accurate than before.

So on upsizing Choice is yours.

Regarding brand, Apollo & Bridgestone are meant for all type of Road usage but If your usage is restricted to Well-maintained Metalled roads only then go for YOKOHAMA or MICHELINS

I have another query as well. Can I put the current Tata Indigo e-CS headlamps on my 2008 Tata Indigo CS?

Yes, why not.

They use the same mounting points & basic design.

But for Safety & Reliability issues, go for Genuine products only rather than going for Local-in-Market products while saving few bucks.

@rugs_tachy

Do as the doctor advices :

I like first option better 185/60/R14

another option could be 195/60/R14

also you can play with your rim sizes a little 205/50 R15 .

If you want a low rider ,you can go even higher on the rim size , not advisable though, as a bit heavier on the pocket and ride would get bumpy on bad roads.

Choose the first option to keep it simple.
librankur2012-05-15 22:47:49

I really do not want to go back to stock tyres. My current tyre profile is Bridgestone 175/65 R 14 (Tube type). Could you please suggest me a correct upsize.

Please note that as the Tyre width increases & Side profile decreases' date=' the Ride of the car will get Harsher or less comfy but one the other hand, the Steering response will get more Sharper & accurate than before.
So on upsizing Choice is yours.

On that note, could you please clarify, you may be aware the current body roll itself is too much, what are the after effects once the upsize is done would the body roll increase? On the looks of it, it would better to keep away from upsizing for this car then... your thoughts please?

Regarding brand, Apollo & Bridgestone are meant for all type of Road usage but If your usage is restricted to Well-maintained Metalled roads only then go for YOKOHAMA or MICHELINS

I stay in Bangalore and the roads out here are almost equivalent of roads in Ladhak... I know that because I had been to Ladhak last year and see almost no difference... we really have bad roads, so ride height is a concern.  I had a tough time with my Zen, so sent it over to my dad. Its now in Hyderabad.

Yes, why not.
They use the same mounting points & basic design.
But for Safety & Reliability issues, go for Genuine products only rather than going for Local-in-Market products while saving few bucks.

Thank you for this. The current headlamps are really attractive hence wanted to know if I could switch. I will get them fitted from the TATA workshop guys itself.

PS: The ones with higher font size is my reply/query. Thank you.
rugs_tachy2012-05-16 03:43:52

On that note' date=' could you please clarify, you may be aware the current body roll itself is too much, what are the after effects once the upsize is done would the body roll increase? On the looks of it, it would better to keep away from upsizing for this car then... your thoughts please?
[/quote']

Indigo CS already uses lower (65) profile to reduce unwanted body roll, Improve grip, floating-type handling & Improve Steering response.

Reducing profile further Sharpen its steering response.

Body roll won't be affected much but with 55 or 60 profile ratio usage, the rims of your car will become more prone to bent(in case of steel wheels) or damaged(in alloys case), even with sudden crashing into road potholes.

So, the best option is to stick to same OEM size or If you still want to upgrade then opt for 1 size up. i.e 185/60 R14.

we really have bad roads' date=' so ride height is a concern.? I had a tough time with my Zen, so sent it over to my dad. Its now in Hyderabad.[/quote']

Go for Bridgestone then.

CEAT is an another cheap & best option(even better than Bridgestone), but make sure you'll get the Original ones.

Beware of fake duplicate CEAT tyres. smiley37.gif

PS: The ones with higher font size is my reply/query. Thank you.

Please use proper font & proper way of replying from next time onwards.

Goodluck.