dr_sachin

My HONDA CITY saved my life

hi all,

this story starts from july 2011,when i completed my post graduation and joined a corporate hospital.the salary package was good so i decided to buy a car that is safe and comfortable.my search began by delineating the cars according to my budget(7-8 lakhs) and i was a bit mesmerised by sedans(my hospital provides a tata indica for all official work to me,i didnot liked it at all),so i found ford fiesta classic,toyota etios,mauti sx4,maruti swift dzire,tata indigo,and tata indigo manza.i didnot even thought of honda as i was new to all this,i thought honda cars to be very expensive.in my research i came across many forums and many sites showing car comparisons and then only i realised that i can really go for this car (HONDA CITY)too.my head of department in my college had a black honda city,and we all(my colleagues)dreamed of having one,after settling down.well gradually i was more and more bent towards this car and test drove a few vehicles as i had little time to spare after my hospital work.then came the dipawali and still i was not sure how i am gonna collect that extra 1-2 lakhs.then one day i got a call from our honda dealer that some sales guy wants to meet me.i told him that i want to buy one but my budget was too tight,the guy desperately wanted to meet so i told hom to come on my day off.the sales guy was so punctual that he came right on time(i love the people who respect time).he came with a demo car (urban titanium honda city).the guy was so good that slowly he brain washed  me and i was convinced of buying only honda city and nothing less.he promised that he will manage everything and i will be having a city in my garage in one month time.

that fellow really arranged everything (finance deal,best interest rate,dealer discount,corporate discount,doctors discount)and i got a new TAFFETA WHITE HONDA CITY on 16th december 2011.that day was very similar to the day when my daughter was born.we were all very happy.

the overall buying experience with HONDA was so good that i can't say in words.these people are really good at their work.

i drove it 8000 kms in next 3 months,never had any big issues.i went to delhi,jaipur,lucknow all by myself(just loved driving it so much that i didn't used my office car for official tours)

continued........

my honda city was very good in all respects,everybody at my workplace and home really liked it and then came the night which changed everything.

i was returning from a meeting in night at around 11.30pm on 18th march and i met with an accident on highway.the accident was so severe that my car was damaged badly,but thanks to seatbelts and honda engineers that i only had minor scratches.although i am saved but i was not able to see the condition of my car.i wanted to get her back but the insurance guy as well as the dealership guys adviced not to use the repaired car but to buy a new one,so settled for cashloss settlement and waiting now for the final cheque to come.after that i will definitely get a new same to same honda city as i had lost.

guys never ever buy a car without airbags and never drive your car without seatbelts on.

Great that you escaped safe out of that ill-fated accident. I share a similar story like yours, my City too saved my life. Honda cars are really-really safe & we both stand testimony to that!

Like you I too was wearing seat-belts but my car did not have ABS, Airbags. Now I appeal all to opt for these essential safety features while purchasing a new car.

surviving  a horrific car crash is more about how lucky you are rather than the equipment list on your car.

You are not safe even in the costliest of cars , sometimes these cause more harm than a normal accident would have , aka people choking on Air Bags , Airbags not deploying , what about airbags that deploy in the front seat and your driver gets saved and you the owner ends up dead because there is no such provision for rear passangers in a rear ended crash.

Similarly , the case with seatbelts which prevent escape in the event of a fire and failure for others to help the victim as the seatbelt could not be cut open in time , these cases fill the newspapers in Delhi

No doubt they (airbags + seatbelts +ABS and the likes) save lives but then failing to realise how lucky you were on that particular day at that very moment , would be your biggest mistake.

Cheers to your LUCKY life !!!

@Dr Sachin:

Its great that you are safe.Safety comes first and it looks like your Honda City ended up saving you.We too met an accident in a Honda City only and I was again okay in just 10-11 days,what else do one need?

My friend to replaced his City with a City....what is your plan?

surviving  a horrific car crash is more about how lucky you are rather than the equipment list on your car.

No doubt they (airbags + seatbelts +ABS and the likes) save lives but then failing to realise how lucky you were on that particular day at that very moment ' date=' would be your biggest mistake.[/quote']

What an absurd statement to make! There's no alternative for Safety equipment & safe car. What is luck? Its the outcome of the choices you make.

A safe car & Safety equipment will save lives in any in-advertant circumstances compared to a unsafe car with Safety equipment paucity. In the end result would be, people using the former turned out luckier. Get the drift...!

Thinking before posting is considered a quality on public boards & thoughtful comments are cherished & looked forward to.
BornFree2012-05-22 09:49:36

@vipul

i bought a new HONDA CITY S MT,yesterday,ofcourse i too replaced it with same.i must say when you start earning yourself and have to invest 9-10 lakhs of your hard earned money,there should not be any compromise.i have seen your posts in various forums and people like you are really a hand of help to beginners like me,keep it up,atleast you are satisfied that you are doing something for those who are in need.these forums are really good for first hand knowledge.

@bornfree

i agree with you absolutely,because god helps those who help themselves.

Post Deleted.

Note from ACI-Support: OT discussions are not encouraged on the Board. Personal comments/attacks will not be tolerated.

Member Warned.
BornFree2012-05-24 03:13:43

@Dr Sachin:

Ecstatic to know that you are safe. Thank you for sharing your experience with us as it truly helps, especially when people like are contemplating hard on a car buying decision.

Experiences like these infuse lot of confidence in certain brands & there overall ability to produce such wonderful and class leading automobiles.

Dr.Sachin:

Congrats that you came out to safe from Honda City.

The gadgeted car have really saved you.

But please read my words carefully, as they be l'll bit discouraging for you.

Honda City is considered as the most lightest & unsafe car in its segment. Its Airbags save you only in the even of Blunt front Crash. Myself, being also doctor in a Local Major hospital, have seen many Honda City cars who got separated till mid, after colliding with a tree.

Luckily, you're saved, that's really a blessing for you.

But, be sure & bit of choosy for your next purchase.

@drnishu:

i have already bought a new city on 22nd may.i learned through these forums on internet itself that honda cars in india has lowest human casualities in accident cases,even though the vehicles are badly damaged,and honda city manual itself says that they make their cars in such a way that the vehicles takes all the brunt.

i will pray to god that honda cars don't prove,people like me,wrong.

Dr.Sachin:

Congrats that you came out to safe from Honda City.

The gadgeted car have really saved you.

But please read my words carefully, as they be l'll bit discouraging for you.

Honda City is considered as the most lightest & unsafe car in its segment. Its Airbags save you only in the even of Blunt front Crash. Myself, being also doctor in a Local Major hospital, have seen many Honda City cars who got separated till mid, after colliding with a tree.

Luckily, you're saved, that's really a blessing for you.

But, be sure & bit of choosy for your next purchase.

Firstly, great that you didn't get hurt in the accident. Wish for a safe drive for you in future!

It is certainly wrong to associate the weight of a vehicle to its safety or structural rigidity. Some of the safest cars are also the lightest, with a Formula 1 car being the best case example. The reason why a car would compress is because of the front crumple zones which are designed to absorb the energy in case of an impact. Also, the City has one of the best body shells designed to ensure that the car takes all the beating while the passenger is kept safe. The airbags in most of the cars today are SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) designed to work in tandem with seat belt pre-tensioners. This ensures that there are no injuries due to sudden deployement of air-bags. The decision to buy a City was absolutely right and in my opinion as overall it is one of the best cars on roads today.

@Dr.Nishu: Your words are certainly discouraging and grossly incorrect. Would appreciate if you do not pass on incomplete or incorrect information.

Moderators: Please take notice.

here i say my airbags saved my life in 2008 when i crashed my Skoda Superb AT. The car got damaged but it saved me. I was not wearing seatbelts but still i got saved after a big truck hit my left side and my car at 180kmph jumped on the road devider and crashed by the road side pillar. Now i wear seatbelts

@Dr.Nishu: Your words are certainly discouraging and grossly incorrect. Would appreciate if you do not pass on incomplete or incorrect information.

If you don't believe onto the words, then try to evaluate the light car accident fatalities(say Honda, Toyota, Suzuki) vs strong build ones(Skoda, VW, FIAT).

You'll come across the right answer by yourself. If i'm wrong here, i don't get the logic behind people buying the FIAT, Volkswagen, Skoda, TATA cars over their lighter build rivals.

Chassis stiffness is something different which holds together the body parts while metal sheet is different thing which provides body stiffness as well as shunt protection.

Lighter cars with SRS/SPS Airbags, ABD-EBD & other safety equipments still constitute the safety cocoon enough to save the passengers but undoubtedly heavier cars still makes the additional benefits.

@Nishu, I strongly agree with you as some time back we have seen the Late Mr. Jaspal Bhatti's Accord crashed into a tree. Being in a more expensive and suppose to be supperior car (as Honda Accord Should be), he could not survive, though there were all bells & whistles.

On 13/06/2013 at 3:31 PM, Sstar said:

@Nishu, I strongly agree with you as some time back we have seen the Late Mr. Jaspal Bhatti's Accord crashed into a tree. Being in a more expensive and suppose to be supperior car (as Honda Accord Should be), he could not survive, though there were all bells & whistles.

Brother, people don't survive in the worlds safest cars such as Volvo, Tesla etc. It's just an accord. You don't expect a car to save you at the speed above 100kmph.