ProBiker007

Limca Book of Records attempt in Punto

Driving is a passion for these two, which made them attempt this record.

6000Kms in 79 Hours and 30 mins----

AVR Prabhakar Rao and Mandapaka Bhaskar, engineers by profession attempted

this drive with a slogan called

Great effort guys! smiley32.gif

Driving is a passion for these two, which made them attempt this record.

6000Kms in 79 Hours and 30 mins----

AVR Prabhakar Rao and Mandapaka Bhaskar, engineers by profession attempted

this drive with a slogan called

At the onset a big warm welcome to this forum and many congratulations on acheiving this feat.

I am really interested in a few things that i picked up while going through your post.Why was Punto the vehicle of your choice ? Which Model / Variant of the Punto you were driving ? How did the installation of the UNICHIP affect the mileage on the car , is this chip available for both petrol and diesel cars alike ?Also you had mentioned that your GPS tracked your quickest run on the AP Higway , which GPS model were you using?

There has been too much PUNTO activity on this Forum recently , New Launches , Engine Tweeks (90BHP to 110BHP) and now Record attempts , this has increased my curosity even more in the product and thus my question to you.

Congratulations , Once Again.

Why was Punto the vehicle of your choice ? Which Model / Variant of the Punto you were driving ?

The only car to have Best Handling, Ride, In-gear Acceleration, FE which does not scrap every speed braker.

Figo should be the second best but you literally have to stop and crawl at every speed braker.

So you really don't have such a perfect choice in India. New Swift also is good on most requirements for long(er) distances.

@Neeraj,

The one BIG(+) on swift is Comfy Seats upfront, other than that, it looses out on every other parameter to Punto.

1. Brakes

2. Ride

3. Handling( you can chuck out a Punto at 100 in steep corners)

Also heard, the New Swift is bottoming out, spl thanks to its softer setup, so its the PUNTO, all the way.

Great attempt and definitely you have set a record. Its absolutely true that Odisha roads are pathetic. The humps are not made as speed breakers, rather they are car breakers ! My Punto's running board was damaged and Linea's front underbody too ! But thanks to the solid build quality of FIAT that it has survived most of the big humps.