Zavo

Suggestions For The Forum

I am not in favour of an edit button. If I am stupid and impulsive to the extreme in my posts then I should stew in my own juices.

In extremely rare cases the admin can be requested to remove/modify a post. Even here I will like a flag Removed/Edited on Request to be left.

Another idea on Edit.

Allow the writer to append a footnote and not edit the original post. This will remove gross mistakes without affecting the integrity of the thread. The appended text may be flagged as "Note added on ..... at ....". It will avoid the loss of continuity in the thread which full edits can create.

This will be better than simply sending a follow up mail which may or may not be read by the viewer in a hurry.

Well sgiitk(whatever that means.)

If you want to show the world your ignorance and stupidity(im quoting here not trying to start something) go right ahead.

Like I said before, 99% of the people will not edit their original post just coz they are getting slammed.. but I guess by your statement you fall in the 1% that will.

The edit buttons there.. theres no compultion for you to use it.. so just pretend like its not there.

I personally, love it.

Have you ever been an admin on any forum? Do you think its a joke?

You want every Tom, **** and Harry to keep sending a request to the Admin to change his post coz of some stupid reason? Dude.. dunno how much time you have on your hands... but Im sure that the Admin on this site already has his hands full.

Lets put an end to this shall we.. the edit buttons there.. use it if you need to.. dont use it if you feel its the spawn of the devil.

Cheers.

Zavo: You seem to have missed the entire remark.

I have managed and handled enough e-communication stuff over the past 15+ years (35+ in computing) to know my way around. "Think before you post" is the first commandment of e-communication. I, for one, am not likely wish to to change my post.What I may want to do is to correct a gross error (like missing out a NOT) in the original post.

Imagine posting something which evokes reactions. Now you go and

edit what you posted. How does the thread look to a third party? Incoherent and silly to say the least.

Therefore, allowing you to edit your post (without some indication that it has been modified) is definitely not a good idea.

In fact my second idea

of allowing comments/corrections to be appended with a Time/date stamp should cover all the objections.

You contradict yourself - 99% (my own guess is  99.9%+) of the time the author will not need to edit, 

and then you talk of the Admin being overloaded with change requests. If somebody posts something really obnoxious then he deserves to be banned from the group, and offending posts removed by the admin. I hope such events will be very rare.

If somebody posts something really obnoxious then he deserves to be banned from the group' date=' and offending posts removed by the admin.

[/quote']

I think this is exactly why Zavo is fighting so hard for that edit button! smiley17.gif

Very valid points there sgiitk. Thats why the button is on trial. Also only members with Intermediate License and above are allowed to edit ie. greater than 50 posts. But if it doesnt work out, than a timed button may be put in use which will allow a post to be edited for only a few minutes after being posted.

FRG

If somebody posts something really obnoxious then he deserves to be banned from the group' date=' and offending posts removed by the admin.
[/quote']

I think this is exactly why Zavo is fighting so hard for that edit button! smiley17.gif

And heres where the problem starts.. when RT starts thinking..smiley36.gif

Imagine posting something which evokes reactions. Now you go and

edit what you posted. How does the thread look to a third party? Incoherent and silly to say the least.

Therefore' date=' allowing you to edit your post (without some indication that it has been modified) is definitely not a good idea.

[/quote']

You know why this wont be a problem? Coz the moment people see something they dont agree with in principle, they are gonna quote it in their reply. Like this one for instance. smiley36.gif

Simple solution to the problem. You see flame bait? quote it in your reply, and report the first post to the moderators.

V a timed button may be put in use which will allow a post to be edited for only a few minutes after being posted.

FRG

This will be an excellent idea. However, one can already preview the post, so I doubt whether a few minutes grace will help much. Of course this will take care of someone hitting the Post button by mistake.

Hey guys i thought may be we could easily chat with our frnd's out here so I thought that it would be nice if we get a NUDGE option to our forum .Well it can be distracting but only for those in our buddy list and if they agree on the nudge thing .What do you say about it FRG.

Nudge be b**g****d..

FRG.. whats up dude.. you not interested in taking our suggestions for the forum?
It sure seems that way.

There's no EDIT button, there's no City option to choose from... whats up?

The sheen's worn of of having your forum or something?
FuelRunGod2007-11-05 13:06:55

How about adding some more relevant information to the profile?? like Bike/Car currently owned, Favorite Bike(s)/Car(s), Best Drive so far and something more relevant to an Auto forum....

one more suggestion.... try to fit in an excerpt of a well informative tread printed onto the magazine, this helps the tread contents to get more visibility and also it can woo more readers to join the forum,

FRG..

What happened to letting us choose what city we are from.. instead of everyone being from India or elsewhere.

FRG:

Still pending!!

Adding your vehicle ownership wii also be a good addition, but I feel the City should be TOP PRIORITY ! (sorry for shouting).