Sign in to follow this  
dr_nishu

ACI Exclusive: Renault Duster 1.5 dCi Test Drive

Looks are always subjective but i think it looks ok.

May be pull type door handles would have looked better than grab type.

If priced sensibly, it should see some success though wafer thin Renault dealer network would hinder it.

Also, can someone on this forum shed some light on the maintenance cost of Renault's.

I was reading a post on team-bhp forum where a Fluence owner had stated below cost for servicing.

1st service - Rs 2500 approx

2nd Service - Rs 15000 (main culprit being Elf engine oil costing 6k alone).

Nice review. As someone above said the looks are subjective. I did not like the stance at all. It almost looks like devoid of muscle, as if it were on diet :)

It all depends on pricing though, if it's in Innova range, will sell well.

I did not like the stance at all. It almost looks like devoid of muscle, as if it were on diet :)

Seems you have never seen this car in flesh. MARK MY WORDS, this is going to be a very big hit mainly for its LOOKS.

IMHO, its butchy, brawny, compact as a Landrover Freelander( brickbats awaited )

Hello guys!

I am totally impressed by this SUV model from Renault. Renault Duster is going to be launch on 4 July, 2012. The most impressive fact about this SUV is its price. As it is in rumors that it will be offered in very affordable price similar to a sedan.

I have read out these facts in the news

http://www.carkhabri.com/carnews/renault-duster-pre-launch-promotion-in-full-swing-launch-on-july-4

Seems you have never seen this car in flesh. MARK MY WORDS, this is going to be a very big hit mainly for its LOOKS.

IMHO, its butchy, brawny, compact as a Landrover Freelander( brickbats awaited )

Ofcourse I haven't seen the car in flesh, just going by the photos. For it to be seen in flesh, it needs to be available! As good as freelander? I will reserve my judgements untill i see it in flesh.

Renault Duster Petrol

Renault Duster RxE – 7.19 lakhs

Renault Duster RxL – 8.19 lakhs

Renault Duster Diesel

Renault Duster RxE – 7.99 lakhs

Renault Duster RxL 85 PS – 8.99 lakhs

Renualt Duster RxL 110 PS – 9.99 lakhs

Renault Duster RxZ 110 PS – 10.99 lakhs & 11.29 lakhs with the option pack

Petrol variant dont have safety even as an option. In country like India people wont only compare it to Scorpio but other cars in the same price bracket like City Verna etc, which come loaded at 8.19 lakhs with Airbags+ABS.

Edited by rahul1810

there are two things i just dont seem to understand about renault:

1] they have priced the 110 duster at 12.5lakhs and 14lakhs OTR in karnataka that throws it out of contention for most of them i believe.

2] again the 110 duster's engine choice seems to be worst than the first version of the fluence. It would have been good to see the lastest version from the fluence in the duster aswell. Seems like common sense is very common at renault.

hope to see price revisions on the duster in early 2013 as the localization increases or else the duster both 85/110 versions will get gobbled up once the ecosport is launched

The exterior is quite an attention grabber, quite unlike the interior which is just a mash up of cheap plastics and very strange ergonomics. While the exterior might be able to justify the price tag, the interior is definitely several levels down on quality and fit/finish.

If the 2nd service cost is actually on par with the Fluence at 15k, that would just be crazy! Even VW and Skoda which have their service intervals at 15k kms have service costs of about 9k out of which the synthetic oil accounts for almost 50%.