Diesel Tuning Boxes are an easy solution for the people who want some extra power with minimum hassles. In simple terms it is a small box (Resistor, Potentiometer, etc.) which tries to FOOL the ECU in pumping more diesel into the engine.

It is primarily preferred because of its ease of installation & removal. Any person who can drive a car can install & uninstall in 5-10 minutes. It usually does not leave any error codes when scanned with an OBD Scanner. However it has its own advantages & disadvantages.

In the market there are numerous Tuning boxes claiming that they have the best Box. They simply claim they boost the power by crazy numbers at the same time increasing the fuel efficiency. When someone tries to purchase a box they have lots of options & claims which confuse the Potential Buyer.

To make things easy we did a full test of some available boxes. These boxes are either sourced from the makers or taken from the customers who purchased them. We tried our best to perform these tests in identical conditions.

The comparison is to check the

1. Drivability

2. Mileage

3. Performance overall

4. In-gear Acceleration

5. Turbo Lag

6. Acceleration figures 0-60

7. Acceleration figures 0-100

8. Acceleration figures 0-150

9. Top Speed

10. Refinement

11. Pollution

12. Price

13. Ease of use

14. Quality

The list of tuning boxes in comparison is:

1. Pete's

2. Tunit

3. Unichip

4. Race Dynamics

5. Race Chip

6. Spider

7. Engine Cal

We chose the Fiat engine for the test as it can be called the national engine of INDIA with maximum number of vehicles ( Fiat Grande Punto, Linea, Palio, 500, Tata Indica Vista, Manza, Maruti Swift, Ritz, Dezire, SX4) running with it. The Chevrolet Beat also has the same engine with 3 Cylinders. Moreover Fiat sold 4 million units worldwide.

Cars used for the comparison are -

1. Punto 90hp

2. Punto 75hp

3. Indica Vista Quadrajet

4. Indigo Manza Quadrajet 90

5. Old Swift

We now have a OBD scanner & V-Box for the tests along with our regular GPS Phones.

Dyno charts have been prepared for the TOP 3 Contenders.

This is awesome I was looking for something like this because there are too many boxes and even test driving them one cannot actually compare which box is better.

I think you have missed the Dieseltronix box but its fine . Also do mention the price of these boxes because they vary by a huge margin 13k - 42k .Also which box is the most VFM.

@ rssh

Thanks!!

Race Dynamics manufactures DieselTronic.

The Exact Prices of the Boxes can be obtained from the makers.

They vary depending on the Locations ( Shipping, taxes), Make of the vehicle & model.

Indicative Prices from them at the time of testing -

Race Dynamics (DieselTronic) - 20k

Spider - 22.5k

Engine cal - 28k

Pete's - 28k

Race Chip - 12-15k

Tunit - 30k

@probiker07

Please update with all the data of the boxes tested in different cars . Also mention the warrenty of these tuning boxes and also if they just increase the fuel pump pressure or both the common rail injectors and fuel pump .

The Final Result now -

1. Race Dynamics,
  2. Spider,
  3. Engine Cal,
  4. Pete's,
  5. Race Chip,
  6. Tunit.

The Results are based different tests done.

The tests are done for finding the following -

• Mileage
  • In-gear Acceleration ( 20-80 in 3rd gear, 40-120 4th gear)
  • Acceleration figures 0-60, 0-100, 0-150
  • Top Speed
  • Pollution
  • Refinement

The Devices & Methods used in this process were -

• Tank full to tank full for 1
  • V-Box & GPS phones for 2,3 & 4
  • Smoke Meter & Pollution testing for 5
  • Decibel meter for 6 ( NVH levels)

Basing on these a Point system was used to determine the positions.

Lot more things like DYNO charts, Exhaust gas temperatures were also used for this Extensive comparison.

Diesel Tuning Boxes are an easy solution for the people who want some extra power with minimum hassles. In simple terms it is a small box (Resistor, Potentiometer, etc.) which tries to FOOL the ECU in pumping more diesel into the engine.

It is primarily preferred because of its ease of installation & removal. Any person who can drive a car can install & uninstall in 5-10 minutes. It usually does not leave any error codes when scanned with an OBD Scanner. However it has its own advantages & disadvantages.

In the market there are numerous Tuning boxes claiming that they have the best Box. They simply claim they boost the power by crazy numbers at the same time increasing the fuel efficiency. When someone tries to purchase a box they have lots of options & claims which confuse the Potential Buyer.

To make things easy we did a full test of some available boxes. These boxes are either sourced from the makers or taken from the customers who purchased them. We tried our best to perform these tests in identical conditions.

The comparison is to check the

1. Drivability

2. Mileage

3. Performance overall

4. In-gear Acceleration

5. Turbo Lag

6. Acceleration figures 0-60

7. Acceleration figures 0-100

8. Acceleration figures 0-150

9. Top Speed

10. Refinement

11. Pollution

12. Price

13. Ease of use

14. Quality

The list of tuning boxes in comparison is:

1. Pete's

2. Tunit

3. Unichip

4. Race Dynamics

5. Race Chip

6. Spider

7. Engine Cal

We chose the Fiat engine for the test as it can be called the national engine of INDIA with maximum number of vehicles ( Fiat Grande Punto, Linea, Palio, 500, Tata Indica Vista, Manza, Maruti Swift, Ritz, Dezire, SX4) running with it. The Chevrolet Beat also has the same engine with 3 Cylinders. Moreover Fiat sold 4 million units worldwide.

Cars used for the comparison are -

1. Punto 90hp

2. Punto 75hp

3. Indica Vista Quadrajet

4. Indigo Manza Quadrajet 90

5. Old Swift

We now have a OBD scanner & V-Box for the tests along with our regular GPS Phones.

Dyno charts have been prepared for the TOP 3 Contenders.

hello,

i want to increase my drivability on my bolero CRDe VLX.

it has a very low low end torque, and when i switch on the a/c it further drops down dead. so thought of adding this tuning kit so that it improves the torque for drivibility. Please suggest me which one is good, and also any place in bangalore to get this fit done.

i have said, the problem, please suggest if this kit installation will improve my drivability of my bolero on 2nd gear at low speed and on mountain driving etc.,