Sign in to follow this  
AMG11

Best hatchback below Rs 4.5 lakh

Folks, which is the best budget hatch currently available in the country?

The Tata Nano 2012 or the long-in-the-tooth Alto and Spark?

I personally like the K10 and the way it drives but the interior and the 1990s styling now look a bit boring as compared to the fashionable new Eon which is again an okayish car with poor driving dynamics.

What's your say?

I would stick to the Alto K10. Its nothing short of a pocket rocket and even though the design is really old now, its still a great first car to own for the average Indian family. Plus Maruti also gives the peace of mind factor

Hyundai EON looks to be a better option for you. If you want to ride something with new looks & good features all together a good VFM.

Alto is a gem of a car, but looks ordinary.

Looking at your budget constraint...I would say pick wagon-R-Lxi which will also give you option to pick CNG variant as well and it come well under 4.5 figure.

Folks, which is the best budget hatch currently available in the country?

The Tata Nano 2012 or the long-in-the-tooth Alto and Spark?

I personally like the K10 and the way it drives but the interior and the 1990s styling now look a bit boring as compared to the fashionable new Eon which is again an okayish car with poor driving dynamics.

What's your say?

Why don't you look at Santro & Even you can get a Ford Figo LXI at this price!

I think this both are best choises in the segment as:

1.They are more refined

2.They are more Stable.(Figo)

3.If only gadgetary is left aside, they are great Fun-To-Drive vehicles! which will not disappoint your Co-passangers!

I think the Chevrolet Spark is a good option too. It's really spacious, has decent pep and you get some great discounts which makes it super value. Only question mark is GM India's dealer network which is not a patch on either Maruti or Hyundai's set up

Though Chevrolet do speak a lot about their warranties, I dont know how good they really are. Thats where Hyundai and maruti come out tops. If stretched a bit, I think the base Honda Brio would qualify too?

Maruti suzuki : Most of the people think its a very common car maker and nothing special and not much on features ( people even think Maruti is like a Ambassidor car ), but they are the most efficient and reliable cars even today !!, so if you like this statement then you can go with a Maruti

Ford, Hyundai, GM : Though the features are good, they are always bit costlier on maintenance and low on FE

Honda : Especially Brio is just fresh chicken in the market and of course very reliable when we have experience of Honda City

TATA : Again a good buy, but most of the cases it goes down with maintenance issues within 1 to 2 years

VW & Skoda : Bit costly, but very good in technology and built quality, but again they do not fit in your budget and known as expensive to maintain.

Toyota, Nissan, Renault small cars : Yet to be proved in Indian market, so fingers crossed !!

Now pick you baby :)

At 4.5L looking at the current scenario of discount on petrol cars, Wagon R is easily available. Among cars that look modern, Beat and i10 1.1 are also good cars, but I would prefer the safe havens of Maruti over them.