BonFre

Member Suggestions and Feedback : Autocar India Forum

Posting on behalf of member Gurrala74:

It is really wonderful to see the upgraded ACI forum and I was so restless due to non availability of ACI forum for last 4 days or so !!

Moderators, accept my apology as I was unable to figure out correct section to post this topic, hence you are requested to move this post into appropriate section.

Overall the new forum looks fresh and completely different.

But few things I would like to share with you and moderators as there is no column called latest or today's topics.

Also when we enter into a particular section for example Indian car scene, it would be better to have sorting of the topic as starting from latest updated first and go down with their updated position with this we will quickly come to know the fresh things updated today, please think of this.

I was surprised when I was denied the access for PM ??

Thank God !!

At last I am able to get e-mail notifications :rolleyes:

Thank you Moderators for a very nice up grade of the forum which looks awesome. Please look in to latest/today's topics column and other suggestions for easy driving in the forum :)

Starting this thread because I, unexplainably, do not have permission to post in the official thread.

1: me and a few others(CreativeBala) have been making posts till upto this morning, and they have been lost.

2: New content feature missing.

3: the forum, keeps telling me to update my email, which is already up to date.

Threads merged.

The time stamp that comes on the post is too weird. For e.g. I posted a reply today at 11.15 am or so and it shows "posted at 5.04 am". Is this mapped to show the GMT? If so, request you to change it to IST or probably give an option to select the time zone of each of the users if we have too many International users as well.

Latest topics/Todays topics is need of the hour !! as it is difficult to find that every day who is posting what

Also in all the sections, please see that the topics which are update recently come first and other later.

Hot topics are is too short !!

Is anything is being done on my above post. It is getting very difficult to find out that what is happening every day as hot topics are just few. my PM is not replied back yet. I feel there is a loss of momentum after the new look

-Active topics/today's topic list is still missing, making it difficult to find out the currently ongoing/discussing topics.

-Also needed is the Autocar Hotnews & Forum app for Android, maybe for i-Phone also.

Keep the "No. of characters to search" as 2+. In our forum it was 3 earlier, now its more than 4

How will I search about UP,VW, Eon, Aria, i10, i20, Beat, City,MJD, VTEC, Nano, tata, alto................? Kindly do the needful.

Latest topics/Todays topics is need of the hour !! as it is difficult to find that every day who is posting what

Also in all the sections, please see that the topics which are update recently come first and other later.

Hot topics are is too short !!

Seriously finding active topic is really annoying and sometimes people ask a query and then forget under which forum the thread was ,please do the needfull and clock of the posts should be an easy fix.

Nice touch with the PREVIEW button

One more thing make the most recent post show up first on the first page that opens up, when a link is clicked , what happens now is that we get the first page of the topic and have to keep on changing pages or click the last page link to arrive at the relevant post.

LIFO instead of FIFO

One more thing make the most recent post show up first on the first page that opens up, when a link is clicked

That can be set by members on their own through the settings tab. Try it out...

A mobile application is a possibility as well in the future

I suggest that a mobile app for the forum be made ASAP. A lot of corporate firewalls block automotive sites and forums. So i'd rather prefer a mobile app. Plus the sheer convenience of a mobile app means it will take hardly few minutes to open up the forum and post, wherever you are and whenever you want to post - while travelling (not driving), tea breaks at work, when you have a few minutes to kill but not enough to boot up the PC/Laptop and log on - the list is endless.