tejasmehta990

Most preferred hatch for the Young & Restless (Age : Below 30)

Most preferred hatch for the Young & Restless (Age : Below 30)  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If you are aged below 30 which will be your most preferred Hatch ?

• Maruti Suzuki Swift
    • VW Polo
    • Tata Indica Vista / Vista 90
    • Fiat Punto
    • Hyundai i20
    • Hyundai i10
    • Chevrolt Beat
    • Honda Brio
    • Maruti Suzuki Ritz
    • Maruti Suzuki Alto / Alto (1000cc)
    • Nissan Micra
    • Renault Pulse
    • Tata Indica Xeta
    • Toyota Etios Live
    • Tata Nano
    • Maruti Suzuki WagonR

I feel Suzuki Swift is the most famous and preferred choice and the next is VW Polo followed by i10 and the latest would be Honda Brio.

Chevrolet Beat is also quite famous due to it's exterior look and interior design.

Punto could be one of the choice.

Though now the young one have also become quite matured while selecting car the under 30 age has a different kind of attitude and enthusiasm.

At this age performance, looks, features etc.. is more preferred over milage / A.S.S. etc...

I voted for Punto because I love the perfect ride and handling of this car which means that I need to only spend money of performance exhaust and piggy bag ECU to have the most FTD car in the segment .

The Swift has many mod options but the suspension is not in a league of Punto and also if aftermarket Koni's or Eilbach's are fitted it will only worsen the ride .Also by stiffening it the car will be a rattle house .

i voted for 3 hatchbacks for the following reason(purely personal opinion since i fall in this same age group).

(< 30 years >) practically look in to the all the possible things like; Exterior design, Interior styling, Features offered, Mileage & Maintenance.

1. Hyundai i20 Diesel :- i like the new looks and features this car has. Really a BIG Hatchback & Suits best for a 30 year young :P

2. Hyundai i10 :- One of the best small cars which is easy for city driving & longdrives too. 5 decent sized adults can easily fit in this car. Offers LPG for low emissions & of course less monthly fuels bills. I bought I10 LPG Magna last month & i simply love this car.

3. Chevy BEAT :- Best car w.r.t features it offers & 3 years Chevy promise of free maintenance. Offers LPG for low emissions & of course less monthly fuels bills.

I feel Honda Brio also fits the bill perfectly. I missed to put Jazz in the list but it is also quite a nice choice if budget permits. I still don't understand why Honda is not introducing Jazz with more powerful engine.

i10 is also very popular for the age under 30 because of it's looks and very nice interior design and just right price.

Punto has an edge over other due to it's tight dimensions and stiff suspension with almost right engine but due it's image of higher maintenance costs Punto don't come as most preferred choice.

Vista 90 can do wonders if Tata Motors set the suspension right for performance with some exterior detailing, smart alloys and tweaking of interior such as small steering wheel and dash design like Manza. But Tata Motors seems to be more interested to sell it's vehicle to the OLD AGE PEOPLE by setting soft suspension.

What if scenario : Since Tata Motors is always ahead in offering something more what if the Vista 90 will be offered with paddle shift ? : ), a sweet satisfying smile on face while driving.

I agree with you w.r.t Vista 90, but somehow i think Tata should think of tweaking the exterior design as well. Many prospect buyers(including me) are backing purely because of its Indica'ish look.

I dont want people waving hand at me(to stop) near all the Bus Stops B)

Both Punto D & Swift scores equally well, but Punto scores a bit for its chassis which will really bring out the wildness in you.

@Mod, plz disable multiple voting.

@Tejas

The platform has to be extremely rugged for a Yound & Restless. In Punto you can throw the car in a curve at over 80kmph and car still have control over it. The suspension needs to withhold all the power. In-Gear Acceleration is very important for faster driving.

@AMG

Strictly NO PETROL for enthus, that too not the current day 0 low end & OK mid end cars.

The only petrol car that can be included is Polo 1.6.

Edited by creativebala

I would like to sort 1. VW Polo 2. Hyundai i20 3. Maruti Suzuki Swift

Secondly for low budget. 1. Chevrolet Beat 2. Hyundai i10

I don't like Honda Brio and also not Fiat because of sales and service by Tata

If I've to choose one, I'ld definately gone with Ford Figo! & To My Surprise It's even not included in the list!

But, It's mmy personal choise & Being a teenager I know that Swift is most popular in my Circle & arround 80% Young-guns will go for It!

(Young Females will prefer VW Beetle>Skoda Fabia>Nissan Micra>I10>Tata Nano)

i20 has the right ingredients to make a first positive impression other others which very one of the main reason for any one to own a car but on the other hand i20 fails to give the pleasure / fun of driving like swift or Punto.

Hyundai Eon which is also missed in this list by mistake is most appropriate for the age group we are discussing. It has beautiful curves and still not looking too girly like Micra / beetel.

Hyundai eon is way ahead from Alto (1000 cc) in all aspects. Only saving grace for Alto is Maruti's name and easy availability and large delaer netwrok throughout India.

Punto , Swift and Polo are just fabulous on highway or at high speed which is not possible in case of any other hatchback within this list.

I somehow don't like Punto's front from certain angles. Polo is best looking and most proportionate and well designed but some may find the design of polo too bland.

@tejas,

When you say Young 'n Restless, the car has to be powerful, handle better and look good.

So, no place for Eon here, A* qualifies better.

How you are saying Eon is better than AltoK10?

Eon is better looking and has got huge boot space, but alto ticks all other box.

Alto is so powerful, so FE, so easy on pocket, space management is better, better visibility and it doesn't vibrate like a lorry.

@creativebala.

I mentioned Eon better because I have observed that young ones go more by looks (Exterior & Interior) because they want their presence to be felt among their peergroup.

As compared with A* and Alto Eon looks much better and will turn more heads than the 1st two choices.

Engineering wise Eon may not be at par with Alto but if given a choice Eon may be preferred by a young one over Alto because it is latest and looks good.

But for an enthu the choice would be Alto over Eon.

The Fiat Punto is arguably the best hatchback for a fun seeking youngster. It has unbeatable dynamics. The only problem is that its enjoyable only if we buy the 90 BHP version which is on the costlier side but feature packed. Also the engine is slower than the Maruti Swift due to Punto's weight.

Swift: For overall package, VFM and performance.

Punto: For sheer dynamics, feel and solidity.

Nano: Just for its autorickshaw like maneuverability in traffic.

I am 21 and I would buy a Fabia 1.6 with my eyes closed, because along with a good engine, I want good build quality and an awesome interior.(Which the Polo and the Punto dont have)

And my experience with Skoda has been so awesome that we are planning to get a Yeti next.

my vote is for Ritz

You love your car and would buy it again. I am OK with that.

But please explain as to why you think its an enthusiasts car.

If only car in family, Fabia 1.6.

Else, my choice would vary.

I'd buy a Polo 1.6, Remove all the seats, fit in Recaro racing seats(2 only), and 215 Section17 inch tyres.

Figo 1.4 is another contender incase i am worried about fuel prices.

Aliternatively I'll get a used Lancer(a.k.a. modder's paradise), and do an engine mod.

And if I am feeling really insane I'll get a Mahindra Thar.