Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

BMW M7 to come out in 2015

the recent development on this is that the M version of the BMW 7-series sedan will be introduced to the world in 2015. The car will be powered by a 500bhp supercharged 4.0 liter V8 motor and will come with a lot of ‘aero’ bits and slightly different styling. The car will be named as BMW 770i and will make use of lightweight materials like aluminium for construction. .The 770i will also have ceramic disc brakes, performance exhaust system with four end pipes and lightweight 20 inch alloy wheels. All this will mean that the M7 will be about 200kgs lighter than the current 7 series sedan.(motoroids)

the recent development on this is that the M version of the BMW 7-series sedan will be introduced to the world in 2015. The car will be powered by a 500bhp supercharged 4.0 liter V8 motor and will come with a lot of ‘aero’ bits and slightly different styling. The car will be named as BMW 770i and will make use of lightweight materials like aluminium for construction. .The 770i will also have ceramic disc brakes, performance exhaust system with four end pipes and lightweight 20 inch alloy wheels. All this will mean that the M7 will be about 200kgs lighter than the current 7 series sedan.(motoroids)

There is something seriously wrong with the info here.

The 760li comes with a v12 that is somewhere around 550bhp. I dont understand how can the M7 ,which is supposed to be BMW's epitome of performance come at a lower stage of tuning than the 760li ???

I could accept that it might come with a supercharged v8 as downsizing is in taking into account emission norms etc. but 500hp for the m7 vis a vis ~550hp for the 760 ??? Not happening.

Also M7 ,if it comes will be termed as 'M7' only. Tagging it 770li makes no sense as the M series of vehicles come with different suspension set ups etc. So an M7 will be a lot different from an equivalent vehicle from the 'i' series of vehicles.

How will this bulky car handle corners and will it be as good as M5 - only time will answer.One thing is for sure AMG powered S class beware of the new hot one

Nice. The front reminds me of the short lived 8 series. I'm happy to see BMW pay attention to weight savings. $300k places it into super car competition bracket .

Another car to watch is the renewed Acura Nsx which is coming soon.

BMW M7 will have to be seriously fast, just 500bhp wont do, the cheaper XJ Ultimate pumps out 554bhp. And so would new S Class. BMW better forget creating new segments and concentrate on their flagship model, a flagship product is the epitome of a company's pride.