Sign in to follow this  
shriranjan shetty

braking sound problem in swift diesel

I ve just bought a Swift zdi and i find there is a very irritating sound avery time i use the brakes. Twice i contacted the dealers whose mechs took a drive and said it is normal thing in both Swift and Ritz diesel cars andwill look into it during the first free service at the end of the first month. please tell me whether this is a normal feature or not if not please advice.

Firstly the noise has nothing to do with ABS system because the ABS works only in panic stops and one can feel pulses in the brake pedal and katkat sound .

The weird noise you hear (like cheeeyyyuuuuu) occurs in many cars when one brakes lightly this sound also comes with the disc brake discs are rusted (its made of cast iron so its bound to rust) and they can start rusting even in 1 day if its monsoon season . So I would advice you to not bother too much but if the noise is really irritating then get the brake pad and disc cleared of dust at a local mechanic.

Rarely a chance happens with such a product which remains in the dealer stock for not more than 2-3 days.

But Monsoon season might be playing spoilsport here, as the dealer stockyards are not paved places either & cars left in Open are bound to face such minor problems.

Yes, these may be due to Wheel rotor hub rust or Brake Disc pad hardening due to harsh heat from Sunlight.

I still suspect these problems to be not much of concern, as they vanish as soon as you start using your car.

Good luck.