MMP09

Wiper marks

I am noticing that when the wipers are moving along the windscreen, they seem to leave behind some marks along the line of movement. It's Alto now more than 4 years old and wiper blades were changed during last monsoon. I generally keep the windscreen clean with colin glass cleaner frequently. I wonder what could be causing such marks, sometimes it's little hard to see clearly at night. I am planning to replace the blades.

Hi MMP09

The thing with wipers is that the rubber on the blades gets hard if not used. How often have you used your wipers after the last monsoon? Once the rubber gets hard it tends to leave marks on the windscreen. One should always use wipers with maybe some soap liquid . That can keep the rubber in good shape. Hope this helps

Right now the best thing to do now is to get new blades.

Hi MMP09

The thing with wipers is that the rubber on the blades gets hard if not used. How often have you used your wipers after the last monsoon? Once the rubber gets hard it tends to leave marks on the windscreen. One should always use wipers with maybe some soap liquid . That can keep the rubber in good shape. Hope this helps

Right now the best thing to do now is to get new blades.

Ya you are right!

I'd similar problem with my old Maruti 800 & at that time an old mechanic taught me a trick!

There is special method, using which you can remove current scratch on your windsheild! It's as followa

1. Clean the scratch with cotton dipped in petrol.
  2. Apply Paste type toothpaste (like Colgate) on scratch & let it dry for 10-20 mins.
  3. Clean it with mild detergents like colin or facewash.

There you Go! Your windsheild scratches will be reduced or vanished significantlly!

@MMP09: Get your car's wiper blades replaced as quick as possible as the delay will not only leave more scars on the windscreen also in heavy rains it will not wipe completely.

@CarCrazyASTL: nice trick if it works....will try.