AMG1

Maruti A-star facelift?

Suzuki China will give a cosmetic update to the A-star (Sold as the Alto in China) very soon.

There are various spy pics doing rounds of the updated A-star from China.

The ultimate question here is that if Maruti brings this to India, will it help boost A-star sales?

We all know the A-star aint doing that good in the Indian market. Maruti still sells it here because basically India is the export base for the A-star which is sold as the Alto or Celerio in other international markets.

Well here are the pics of the China market A-star update, looks quite nice to me, I feel it will give a boost to the sales in India if it comes here. post-4747-0-33159400-1345704695_thumb.jp

post-4747-0-46399000-1345704730_thumb.jp

post-4747-0-18463200-1345704800_thumb.jp

Thats a pretty good facelift to be honest. I was never a fan of the A Star looks. The concept showcased at Auto Expo and the final product were poles apart. i had loved the concept. Hope this facelift makes it to India. i do feel however that the front looks a bit Korean ish. Not a bad thing really. Looks a bit like the i10

Finally, MSIL is ready to put new life cells in the A-Star. The front looks very modern, however the rear could have garnered some more detailing. Whats with the C-Motif which is a patent to Skoda seems so irresistible to every other car manufacturer.

@PrancingHorse - Yes, from front it does seem to have borrowed some design from i10...

@esteem - The C shaped tail lamp is now being copied by Renault for the Scala and now by Maruti for A-Star...

Maruti should try something different which has its own identity like swift in its lineup... Else bad implementation will lead to poor sales only... Even the new 800 coming soon seems to be a mixture of various hatches currently in indian market and from Hyundai going popular with its fluidic design, Renault and maruti are trying to copy hexagonal grill style for their cars which i think should not be allowed...

Way too good looking!! Should come to Indian shores asap..

Fogs look too odd and alloys are a thumbs up.. but I'm sure these alloys will not make it to the Indian spec.

I still remember the days when Alto initially in India struggled to achieve 5k number in sales, while see what happened after mere 30k price cut to that car, it became a Global best seller.

Slash the price of A-star by few grands & pit it against Hyundai EON, Maruti Suzuki will be having another readymade-winner on their hands.

Following & to rival i10 isn't a great idea.