Sign in to follow this  
PrancingHorse

Dzire 'Tour' to be now also sold to private buyers

post-7692-0-89618400-1345740644.jpg

After the launch of the new Dzire, Maruti did not stop production of the older model but kept it alive by making it available only for the taxi market or fleet operators by badging it 'Tour' . The Tour is a bare bones Dzire stripped of even the basics like body coloured bumpers, door handles, central locking and even the left side door mirror

Now, however, due to overwhelming demand and long waiting periods for its new Dzire, Maruti has made the Dzire Tour available to private car buyers as well.Also, for an estimated Rs 12,000-15,000, customers can get the front and rear bumpers painted, along with the door handles and the wing mirror. To get central locking, the left wing mirror and other accessories installed, buyers will have to shell out extra.

Swift Dzire Tour prices (Ex-showroom, Mumbai)

Diesel: Rs 6.16 lakh

Petrol: Rs 5.12 lakh

my question

are these from the old stock ??

If these are fresh out of the factory , then why cant they shift the production of these old dzires to the new dzires ??

So much for long waiting periods...

These are not old stocks, these are freshly built cars. I guess the production of these are not in the same plant as the newer car.

BTW. Some Maruti dealers still have old stock left of the Dzire ZXI Petrol cars. But they are in single digits per dealer and I am sure they wont last long.

Yeah I noticed this quiet some time back itself in Gurgaon. And it is not stock clearance at all...MSIL does not want to leave any vacancy for other car manufacturers in India to grad the empty space left by old Dzzire.

Edited by Sstar

I guess people who really miss the extra boot space in current Dzire will only go for this one.

Otherwise i see no point in buying an older bare basic model when the new one is available at a lesser price

New Dzire Lxi/Ldi ~ 4.88/5.99 lacs

Yes, indeed a great move but came into notice a bit late by media, as it has already made its place as favourite amongst Corporate firms, Bank officers or other field officers.

Even seen this many times for personal usage also, thanks to its;

-Ultra-cheap price(5.90 lacs against 5.99 lacs for base diesel).

-Ready delivery.

-Easy to maintain(due to easy availability of its spare parts in open market also).

-Off course, subjective opinion of many about the looks of 'New vs Old DZire'.

Sharing some of the pics of New DZire TOUR Diesel, owned by my known person.

Q4wz1l.jpg

4WuwWl.jpg

At first glance it looked like a Re-furbished Old DZire in a private/cheap garage who installed Old Swift's front on DZire arrived for accidental repairs, just for the sake of cheap parts & their easy availability in the market, as the parts finishing is also a bit cheap & shiny.

9JdWal.jpg

ZVVLAl.jpg

Before seeing the 'DZire TOUR' emblem on its boot-lid, I realized it as a DZire TOUR after looking at the polythene covers on its PVC/Vinyl lined seats like EECO/M800 Std.

Its overall body paint finish is more like Maruti 800 or OMNI than much better on other better or personally driven cars like Swift, etc.

Btw, DZire TOUR comes with Black bumper, black door handles & Black boot-lid garnish.

But Dealers usually stocks & displays the DZire TOUR in their stockyard/showrooms by Pre-painting these with body colour(white here) & charges the extra costs incurred from the customers during the delivery time.

Edited by dr_nishu

Thanks for the pictures dr.nishu. From your description, the Tour is surely bare bones to the T. But I feel atleast the left side mirror should be standard even on this basic car. How expensive can that be? I mean we are in 2012 not the 80s where miroors were an optional extra in our country