CarCrazyASTL

Chevy ENJOY is coming....

Toyota Qualice was a good vehicle & shocked the MPV market! It was instant hit with winning hearts of large families, Tour Oprators & our Favorite ACP Pradyumna! It's replacement the INNOVA showed Similar magic! but It was more upmarket & more carlike, so It doesn't appeal that much to rural parts & cheap tour operators! Chevy grabbed this opportunity & filled this emty place with their Tavera! Though no-one appreciated, It sold very well! But due to new entries like Xylo Facelift, Maruti Ertiga & Nissan Evalia, GM was pertty tensed & they launched their MPV, which may provide them a reason to ENJOY!

A guy named, Neeraj Setpal from www.indianautosblog.com caught it tasting & according to sources on the same site, It'll launch after the Sail twins have been deployed, so expect the launch to coincide with Diwali time. In pictures we can see, base model which lacks alloy wheels, body colored mirrors and door handles, fog lights and metallic paint. It's front grill & Headlamps are vey similar to Ford Endeavour. Acoording to them they've also caught fully loaded version, but were unable to capture it in camera. They mentioned that, GM India has been testing fully loaded Enjoys with black interior and entry-level variants with beige interior, which is weired! According too rumors, It will be powered by the same 1.3L Fiat-sourced Multi-jet engine and a modified 1.4L petrol engine, currently serving on the Aveo. The Enjoy’s suspension was tuned by Lotus Engineering, credited with lending many Indian cars a magic carpet of a ride! It could give tough time to Evalia, Ertiga & Xylo!

Chevrolet-Enjoy-spy-shots-2.jpgChevrolet-Enjoy-spy-shots-1.jpgDo share your views about this!

For sure this car is going to be more successful than Nissan Evalia in India.

Definitely it would be appreciated better by personal car owners/ family car users, thanks to much better & more of a car-like looks.

Must be a good replacement for their Tavera, which is not doing very well in the market.

This model looks very similar to Xylo. Size, shape and looks wise. Let us see what it is

having inside and the price points at which this will be launched.

The Tavera even though a workhorse is quite old now and the Enjoy seems like a good replacement. I had always thought the Tavera had a crude engine. This Multijet should do well. But I wonder if it will be enough to power this big MUV. This definitely looks better than the Evalia anyday. All Chevy needs to do is come up with an aggressive price and they have a winner.

.This Multijet should do well. But I wonder if it will be enough to power this big MUV.

If we compare it's rivals like Ertiga & Evalia, all of them are underpowered & It's more of FE war rather than performance; as cutomer will not pay more money to tour operator for Xylo or Innova, just because they are more powerfull & is better to drive!

So FE, Interior Space, Comfort & Safety are key-elements of an MPV!

I catch this vehicle along with the Sail twins almost everyday on my way to work and back home. The interior quality and design of the car looks like it was transported out from the '80s ...... For this vehicle to do well, let's hope this guys have a major price advantage, in order to be able to sell it in good numbers.