Sign in to follow this  
kalyansundar

Etios Liva diesel 11K update

Exterior

I've done a sticker job, good style. Everyone admired it.

Interior (Features, Space & Comfort)

New convention on dashboard style, again got admiration. Huge leg space on the front & back considering a hatch. Good boot space. Only problem is dust gathered in between door panels as no weather gasket on doors.

Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox

Smooth riding till 115-120 kph, after that you need to push hard and the engine is not responsive. Long 2nd & 3rd gear, got admiration again. Nice pickup, even better than few petrol cars with full load. Superb AC.

Gearbox is damn good, got admiration again, very smooth and it feels like my European Vauxhall Astra. I liked it.

Mileage is around 16 KMPL average with 100% AC on.

Ride Quality & Handling

I specially like its ride quality, The suspension is very well tuned and very absorbing in nature. I hardly care small ptoholes on the road.

I drive myself and handling was never been so good. My friend bought a Swift same time, we exchange our cars some times, but I feel better in handling this Toyota. Steering feedback is awesome and very well controlled, nicely weighted.

Ass

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible...!! Other than the selling agent no one (servicing or body & paints) has addressed by needs accurately. They tend to ignore us and I felt myself as cheaper customer and as if I'm begging for there service.

Once for a minor damage it took 16 days to repair, minor crash on hatch. Once it took more than a month to repair just a front fender and bumper (replaced it though) and after that delivered me the car without stepney which was damaged by accident. And during my second free service it took more than a week to get my car. So out of 8 months it was in the service centre for around 2 months..

Final Words

I think Toyota doesn't have adequate facility to please a volume people of Liva and Etios. And every time I go there I felt as a cheap buyer, they used to ignore me always. So I would not recommend it if ASS is a concern.

Areas of improvement

AFTER SALE SERVICE, Better facility and timely response.

post-6797-0-42821100-1346533083.jpg

post-6797-0-33668100-1346533095.jpg

Good to see youre enjoying the car. The fuel efficiency you are getting is quite good as well. But Im surprised to hear about the poor A.S.S. That is something not expected of Toyota. Which city are you from? Looking forward to more updates on this thread. Drive safe

I am also planning to change my car to a new hatchback.And had considered Liva petrol V which i getting at a good discount.But due to the gasket issue the same as u have, i saw in the test drive car(Inner door panels filled with dirt) due to absent gasket and Toyota hasn't even made provisions for that in their long list of extra accessories , which can be added at an exhorbitant prices due to mindless cost cutting done through out in the basic car toyota Liva comes with, i hav opted out of buying Liva. And yes as u have experienced,in ahmedabad too, toyota has a seperate space provided for Etios and Liva people away fron their regular models giving us a feel to be cheap customers.(Mostly because most of their Etios and Liva customers r taxi guys nowadays.) Anyways the engine is definitely nice in the Liva, but i found suspension and road noise prominent above 70-80 kmph due to less sound insulation and air cutting/flow noise in the rear seat mostly from the doors due to absent gaskets.

As such you r into the liva story,You may search on the net for addon imported extra door rubber gaskets which can be pasted on the outer rims of doors /door body panels, which will reduce dirt and sound insulation problems. i have seen and heard of it. :) The car definitely has an impressive stance especially in the white color.Enjoy ur rides................

Good to see youre enjoying the car. The fuel efficiency you are getting is quite good as well. But Im surprised to hear about the poor A.S.S. That is something not expected of Toyota. Which city are you from? Looking forward to more updates on this thread. Drive safe

I'm from Calcutta and the dealer is Topsel. Due to their lack of professionalism I've raised grievance against the dealer on Toyota website and sent long mails last week. On the very next day I got few calls from Toyota. They all apologised for the harassment and accepted their fault without any argument. Then on the very next day when I went to take my car after service the senior managers of the dealer came to visit me and assured me that this will not happen anymore and whole of the team apologises for the same. Now as I've shouted for my rights they have heard my voice, not sure how they're handling with other customers though. Atleast they've shown a good faith now and requested me to not to sell the car quite a few times. But how much they'll keep their words only time can answer it.

@manoj10001 - Thanks for the advice, I would definitely look for aftermarket gasket, but only after warranty period overs. From my experience I'm sure if I go for any aftermarket fittings they might void few coverages from warranty.

Yes, the road sound is a bit audible comparing some cars but I usually receive my phone calls from home with speaker on from the cabin itself and I found they couldn't able to catch my lies till date.. :P

@Sstar - Thanks for your response. The mileage I've noted is before 2nd service i.e.before changing the engine oil. Also with 100% AC, 70% with full load and 50% on highway, On highway I usually drive around 100/110. I'm assuming this will increase a bit after the 2nd service, will update on this soon.

I've fully tested the car in this rainy season and haven't noticed any water leaking problem as it was reported earlier in some of the forums. Also single wiper didn't create any trouble. Most of the time in city it runs through very bad roads but no niggles or rattles reported till date.

Also, the car is very comfortable for long drives. I've driven 750 Kms in single day from Sambalpur to Calcutta via Balasore (14 hours) and joined my office on the very next day. I didn't feel very tiring or any back pain..