Himadri_a

Trouble with New Chevrolet Beat Diesel

Hi All,

I purchased Chevrolet Beat Diesel(LT) on 30th jun'12 after deep deliberation which diesel small car would be fitting for me.

It has travelled only 110 km since the date of delivery ( 27th July 2012) to till 4th Aug'12, to my utter surprise i saw huge white smoke was emitting from the back side. I called the car dealer for sending pull car as the condition of the car was not derivable.

On 6th Aug, the car was checked thoroughly by the workshop technician. And I was told there was manufacturing defect and the defected component would be replaced. Finally they replaced Turbo Charger and delivered the car on 10th of Aug. After that it was running fine. On 29th Aug i visited there workshop for reassurance checkup ( Traveled 750 km ). They delivered the car and told everything is fine. On the next day when i am planning to go out. I found Clutch is not working properly. Clutch is totally free, so unable to shift gear also. So i called the workshop person.

On next day they visited and told they need to open the gear box etc so that is not possible to do it in home. Asked me to send the car to workshop.

Again they charged 1200/- to pull the car to workshop. They are still investigating the issue.

This affair has caused great concern to me. Naturally i desire replacement of this car as the car is only 1 month old and already shown break down twice. Another car of the same brand should be delivered to me. But dealer directly rejected my concern and told me that all are under your warranty so if anything failed it will be replaced with out charge. I am afraid to receive the car after replacement/rectification of the component. I don’t have faith on this car.

I need your opinion what should i do in this situation. Is there any way to claim for the new car?

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Himadri

Hi Himadri

It is extremely unfortunate that you have to go through all this especially with a brand new car. Dealers will always give you excuses. You might have got a lemon. I suggest you write to GM India directly and explain everything to them. Just replacing parts under warranty doesnt do anything. It spoils the whole new car buying experience.. How can a clurch fail after just 750 km. Write to GM India asap.

Give them sufficient time & even after that if your problem won't solve. then ask GM's head office about it (visit : http://www.chevrolet.co.in/tools/contact-us.html) & if it also doesn't work then take this case to 'CNBC AWAZ PAHAREDAR' show & they will help you surely (SMS: PEH<space>Your Problem to 51818 or mail your problem to pehredar@network18online.com or pehredar@moneycontrol.com)

One thing is for sure that they won't replace your car so easiely, you may have to fight about it in Consumer Court!

send a formal complaint to GM and take this dealership and its workshop head on , if the car went to the garrage with one problem how did it come out with a another, dont take it lying down

keep a record of all dates the car failed and all repairs it has gone through since its purchase , prepare a chronological chart and forward it to the higher ups at GM.

say it has spend more time in the workshop than serving you since it was bought,you are losing valuable work time trying to get it fixed rather than doing what you do for a living.

ask for a refund for any charges that you have paid up until now

keep on shooting emails several times a day and registering complaints on their toll free number ask for a complaint reference number each time, record these complaint reference numbers , these would be useful to you in the future if you have to go into litigation,

this builds a strong case for you and they themselves would like to settle it out of court,coz your paperwork is complete.

get cracking

@Himadri: This is unfortunate that a new car is giving you so much trouble. It seems this is first case with Chevy Beat Diesel on ACI forum too.

However, looking into your problem statement, I would suggest you to first log complaint formally via customer helpline and also send a detailed email with all the repair proofs to higher authorities of GM and wait for their response.

If the response that you would get is not you are expecting then share your concern with CNBC AWAZ PAHAREDAR, it is a TV show dedicated for consumer grievances related to faulty services/products being delivered by sellers/manufacturers. They will help you surely. You may either SMS them as - SMS: PEH<space>Your Problem to 51818 or mail your problem to pehredar@network18online.com or pehredar@moneycontrol.com.

Since they are media people...so GM will surely address your conern properly as GM would not want to spoil their image in media which they have gained after failure of Opel brand ;)

Good luck..and keep posting about your steps taken in this case on ACI.

Edited by Sstar

@Himadri: This is unfortunate that a new car is giving you so much trouble. It seems this is first case with Chevy Beat Diesel on ACI forum too.

However, looking into your problem statement, I would suggest you to first log complaint formally via customer helpline and also send a detailed email with all the repair proofs to higher authorities of GM and wait for their response.

If the response that you would get is not you are expecting then share your concern with CNBC AWAZ PAHAREDAR, it is a TV show dedicated for consumer grievances related to faulty services/products being delivered by sellers/manufacturers. They will help you surely. You may either SMS them as - SMS: PEH<space>Your Problem to 51818 or mail your problem to pehredar@network18online.com or pehredar@moneycontrol.com.

Since they are media people...so GM will surely address your conern properly as GM would not want to spoil their image in media which they have gained after failure of Opel brand ;)

Good luck..and keep posting about your steps taken in this case on ACI.

First of all I read your comment about this issue and you give some good solution about this issue and I think it is very useful to me also.

First of all I read your comment about this issue and you give some good solution about this issue and I think it is very useful to me also.

Thanks banadictaustin. I am glad that my inputs are found helpful to you.

Hi Friends,

At last i got a reply from GM. as below : -

Firstly we acknowledge your concerns reported to us.

Our dealer had attended your concerns and rectified the concerns immediately after reporting.

The breakdown charges which you have arranged of your own kindly submit the original bills to the dealer at earliest as I had already instructed to reimburse the break down charges and also the dents occurred during towing would be repaired by our dealer.

As discussed I will be visiting workshop on next Thursday and I would request you to pls come down to our workshop and before handing over the car I will inspect the car before delivery and will ensure that similar type of unprecedented concerns not get repeated in frequent intervals at such low kms.

Assuring our best services ,

should i agree to this condition ? Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks .. Himadri

lovely,

Its going as per our plan ,most of my concerns are being addressed

they would be handing you the car this time post inspection , my first concern that the car does not come out of a workshop with another problem , different from the one it went in with is addressed here

they are reimbursing you for the breakdown charges , my concern about you having to pay anything at all for the bad job they did.

keep up the hard stance when you meet them , tell them they can have all the time they want to diagnose the problems ,now that the car has been brought back to the workshop again , tell them you are willing to leave the car for 1-2 days as deemed fit for a thorough checkup , post that you would want them to give you a written assurance that the car would be running free of any defect and that if such case arises you will not shy away from taking the matter higher and further.

While at the workshop make a note of everyone attending to your car .

@Himadri_a: i think you should also have a positive attitude now and work on a plan with GM to rectify the issue to best of satisfaction level of yours.

Since this time the GM people would be visiting the dealer shop and will inspect your car before and after the job....I am sure this way you will get highest satisfaction.

If you still does not get satisfied...PAHAREDAR is the way then.

Good luck.

Dear All,

I would like to inform all that i have purchased a Beat Diesel 3 months back. It was having problem in 2 gear from the day one , which i reported to the showroom on first service, they took 2 months before taking it seriously and now they tell me that entire gear box has to be changed. it is shocking that there is a manufacturing defect in Beat Diesel Gear Box. MY vehicle is there in the workshop from last 15 days awaiting spare parts and what not. and Still they say that 7 more days may be required before my vehicle is repaired. It reflects very poorly on GM Motors.

Aparajita